Status: New Story in the works(:

The Weight of These Chains

Brielle wanted to live a normal life. She wanted that loving family and the happily ever after that every teenage movie star seemed to receive when the cameras were rolling. But she was facing something much different than that. She was facing a life of hell.

She lives in a fairly large house with a set of foster parents and a few other children. The system, as she commonly referred to the household as, was corrupted. The adults were in it for the money. They would receive their annual income for fostering each child, money that went toward other habits instead of toward the needs of the children. When you have a lot of connections in the town, it's easy to pass a drug test when you're an addict.

They have a thirst for control. They have horrible acts of punishment enacted on the children of the household. When you're a sixteen year old girl living in a world of pain, horror, and where you feel so unwanted, who do you turn to? Who do you run to when there's nobody there and you feel you've reached a dead end? In fact, what would you run to so you felt more in control of your life? And who would be there to stop you?
  1. A Blanket of Stars
    for a moment in time, I could feel the weight of these chains disappear.
  2. Eli
    "With this heavy storm coming, the ocean looks beautiful with all the crashing waves. At least I think it does."