What's So Good About Picking up the Pieces?

Ch. 1 Imagine Living like a King Someday

"Bitch, why haven't you died yet?" Katrina yells at me.

Why can't you just leave me alone? Haven't you ruined my life enough? Its bad enough I wish I was dead ever single day. If only I could stand up to her, but I can't. My final year of college and she's going to try and make my life even worse then she already has. Let me explain.

My name is Kylie Phillips, and I have literally never fit in anywhere since I was 13. I mean my own mother disowned me after I graduated from high school. I have lived in the same area of California for the past 23 years of my life, and have dealt with the same bully for the past ten years, and her name is Katrina Reynolds. We used to be best friends until I changed. I was depressed at the age of 13. My uncle, whom had really been the only person in my family that cared for me, died that year.

Basically I had no one left in my life, and I really had nothing to live for, so I become depressed. I stopped caring about how I looked. My apperance did not matter to me anymore. I never ate, barely ever slept, and I started hurting myself. At first it started with a papre clip, then I upgraded to a knife. My mom caught me once, but she didn't really care. After being caught, I switched over to a razor blade. Its easy to hide, and sharp enough to help with the never ending pain in my heart.

Katrina found out about my self harm and told the guidance office about my problem. They tried to help me, but I wouldn't let them. They told my mom about it, and like I said before, she already knew, so she didn't care. I felt that she really did hate me, and that was prooven after I graduated from high school. She's actually hated me ever since my father left when I was five. She would yell at James to get out of her house, which is my fathers name. I looked a lot like my dad, so I believe that's that reason as to why she hates me. Just a bad reminder of her past self and her past mistakes.

Katrina still tried to help me, but I continued to shove her away. At some point she realized that she couldn't help me, and she finally gave up on me. That was when we went from best friends to enemies. She didn't start bullying me until we were in high school. She was the head cheerleader our whole time at high school, so she had the whole entire school wrapped around her little finger, which made my life hell.

So now here we are, my final year of college and she's still bullying me. I swear she picked this college just so she could continue to bully me. If only I hadn't pushed her away. I wouldn't be here, and just maybe, I'd still have my best friend. But I don't and I have no friends at all. Fortunately, its the last year and I will be away from her forever. I plan on moving out of state and getting a job somewhere on the other side of the U.S. working the job that I have always wanted. Even though people have always been cruel to me, I still have this want to help others, so I want to be a R.N. which is what I've been studying. Two more semesters and I could take my test and hopefully get my R.N. liscense.

Back To Reality

Like normal, I didn't say anything to Katrina. Instead I left her in the dorm, by herself. Nomally, I'll just sit there and just take the crap she dishes. By the time that I was outside of the dorm, I was running off of campus. I didn't know exactly where I was going, but I also didn't care. I needed to get away, even if it was only for a few hours.

I didn't get far until I walked into a little music store. It was the first store I saw, so I just slipped in. No one was at the counter, but two people were talking in the back, next to the guitars. I wanted to check out the cds, even though I didn't really listen to music. I saw some bands that some kids up at the college had on their shirts. Black Veil Brides, Asking Alexandria, All Time Low, Blood on the Dance Floor, Pierce the Veil, and much more similar to those bands. I didn't know much about any of the bands, except for the fact that most of the college students listened to them for some reason.

I turned around rather fuickly and bumped into someone.

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry, sir!" I say, apologizing to the man.

For some reason he was laughing.

"That's all right, ma'am." He says, drawing out the ma'am.

I cocked my eyebrow up at him.

"You called me sir, so I called you ma'am." He says, chuckling to himself.

"Oh... Umm... Ok." I say, not knowing how to reply to the man.

I took in his features. His skin was a darker color, he had the prettiest brown eyes, and he was wearing a black beanie, which matched his Pierce the Veil shirt, black skinnies, and checkered vans. He was actually really cute.

"Hi, I'm Vic. Vic Fuentes." He saysm extending his arm out, expecting me to his hand.

He also had this look on his face, like I should know his name for some reason.

"Kylie Phillips." I say, taking his large hand in my small one.

"Its very nice to meet you, Kylie." He says, shaking my hand rather roughly, causing my right sleeve to slide up.

I ripped my hand from his, hoping and praying that he hadn't saw my recent cuts.

"I saw them sweetie. It does you no good trying to hide them from me." He says.

"Its none of your business, so leave me alone." I say, running out of the store.

I didn't want to be judged by yet another person, especially a stranger.

"Wait, Kylie! I didn't mean it like that!" He says, screaming after me.

He caught up to me, and made me look him in the eyes. His eyes were shinning and they looked really pretty.

"Here, call me whenever you need someone to talk to. I'll be waiting. Also, check out some of my bands music. We are called Pierce the Veil." He says, gesturing to his shirt, "I'm the singer, and it would make me really happy if you'd check us out. I know its none of my business, but I would like to help you out either way." He says, handing me a piece of paper, which had a number and his bands' name down.

I didn't not want this mans help and I didn't know why he wanted to help me of all people. No one has ever tried to help me since Katrina, and he would be making a mistake by trying to help me.

"Thanks, VIc. Don't be expecting that call, though. I hope you have a good day." I say, walking back towards campus, leaving him in the street.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I wanted to try and start writing a Pierce the Veil story, and I gave it a shot. Hope y'all like it :]