What's So Good About Picking up the Pieces?

Ch. 2 Am I only one Who Thinks you should Stay Alive?

After I returned to campus I walked back towards my dorm, praying that Katrina had left to do her weekly Saturday shopping. It was quiet once I entered, just incase if Katrina was still here. I checked the dorms living room, which was thankfully empty, which meant that Katrina wasn't here. I still snuck up the stairs extremely quietly, just incase she was up in her room. I figured that she wasn't here though, because it was too quiet for her not to be here. She always makes everything hectic, where ever she is.

When I got up to my room, the door was opened, and my room was a mess. I've learned to keep my door unlocked because Katrina will get in either way. She broke down my door once, and I had to replace it, with my own money. When I piss off Katrina, she goes on a rampage either on my face and body, or my room, but for some reason she never damages or steals anything from my room. She only takes my clothes and scatters them around my room, which doesn't exactly bother me that much because its better the clothes get abused then I myself.

I picked up my room, found my laptop, and searched Pierce the Veil on google, and it brought up a bunch of pictures of them. Seperate pictures of Vic and the other band members, then some of them as a group. I really wanted to listen to some of their music, so I clicked on the link that youtube was showing and it brought up a list of Pierce the Veil music videos. The first video at the top was Caraphenelia, so of course I clicked that one. As I continued to listen to their music, I started to fall in love the band. Out of the songs I had heard, my two favorites are Currents Convulsive and King for a Day.

I shut my laptop down and started humming a song, not realizing what it was until the chorus started playing in my head. It was their song Bulls in the Bronx. I was glad to have bumped into Vic, because his band's music was actually quite catchy. Thinking about Vic made me want to cal him, but I didn't want to give in that easily. I did owe him for this though, so I guess I really should call him. I searched through my clothes, trying to find the piece of paper that Vic had given me earlier, then I called him. He picked up on the second ring.

"I knew you would call." He says, with a snicker in his voice.

"Yeah, well I just wanted to call to tell you how much your band sucks." I say, trying to tease him.

"Really? Were we that bad?" He asks.

I could tell that he knew I was only joking.

"Yeah, the lyrics make no sense at all. Like really, "Maybe we're just having too much fun!"" I say, singing the beginning chorus to Bulls in the Bronx.

"Oh, but you already know a part to one of our songs." He says, laughing a little bit at me.

I wanted to continue with some of the choruses I knew.

"Imagine living like a king someday! What's so good about picking up the pieces? Burst into flames! Scream in the dark!" I say, continuing to sing the rest of the parts I knew to the first songs that popped into my head.

"So you do like us!" He says.

I thought he was asking this for a second, but then I realized it was a statement.

"Of course I do, Vic. Thank you!" I say.

"You're welcome. Now before you get all sappy on me, listen to the song Tangled in the Great Escape. Listen to the lyrics very, very carefully. You'll pick up on why I want you to listen to the song as long as you listen carefully." He says.

"Ok, Vic! Thanks again. Have a good day." I say, going to hang up the phone, but I can't because Vic is yelling on the other line.

"Wait, wait, Kylie! When you listen to it, and you figure out what I want you to listen for, call me back, please." He says, finally finsihing what he wanted to tell me.

"Ok, Vic. Bye again!" I say, hanging up before he could try and fit in anything else.

I got my laptop back out again and started it. The wait seemed longer this time, because I really wanted to listen to the song and call him back. Once it loaded, I clicked right onto the internet and went to youtube and typed the song name in.

Don't you say you had a part of it
I guess we'll never know
Oh would you say that had a part of it
Well I guess we'll never know

Constant recovery
I see you choke and it takes my breath away

When all is good, we close our eyes
They all accept the lie

So bury what you want outside
Brother, promise you won't leave it

I know you're tortured within
Your eyes look hungry again
But I'll never wander, my friend

Well, somebody believed in this suicide
Am I the only one that thinks that you should stay alive
Oh, I became the train as you backed up on the ropes
To arm yourself and lie

So, let's do mayday
I'm in trouble
Send somebody on the double

Scratching at the floor inside my mind
They all accept the lie

So bury what you want outside
Brother, please don't be afraid of...

I know you're tortured within
Your eyes look hungry again
But I'll never wander, my friend

I let you down
And started to run
Never meant to be your pain
What have I become

Show me, show me the way back
Show me the way back

I know you're tortured within
Your eyes look hungry again
But I'll never wander, my friend
No, I'll never wander again

Not what I want
Not what I know

Can I just have one more day
Just to make it through the day
You're tangled
You're tangled in the great escape

Great escape, oh

I never meant to hurt nobody, no no, yeah
I never meant to hurt you, no no no no
I only meant to do this to myself, to myself, to myself
Great escape
Great escape
Great escape
Oh, great escape
I was lost, yeah
Baby, I was lost, yeah...


Lyrics from elyrics.net

One part in particular stuck out to me on the lyrics. Am I the only one who thinks you should stay alive. Is that what he wanted me to hear out of the song? Did he think I should stay alive? Why was he trying to be so nice to me? Why am I confused with him? Why don't I understand anything, now? Just why is everything so confusing now?

I called Vic, again.

"Did you get it?" He asks me.

"I believe so, but why?" I ask, expecting him to not have an answer.

"Thing is, fan or not, I don't like people to harm themselves, and with as deep as your cuts were, you probably feel that you have nothing to live for, so I believe you want to be dead. If you really want to be dead, that means that no one has probably cared for you in a while, so I feel that I am the only one who thinks that you should stay alive. Sorry about the mouthful, there." He says, completing his speach.

It took me a minute to process what he was saying.

"Vic?" I ask.

"Yes, Kylie?" He asks, with curiosity in his voice.

"You are the only one who thinks I should stay alive." I say, starting to cry over the phone.

I couldn't help myself. I haven't felt this feelings in a while. It felt like my was rising out of my chest. What was this feelings? Is this how it feels to be cared about?

"Kylie, are you ok?" Vic asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I am now, thanks to you." I say.

He didn't reply to me. Had I done something wrong? Said something wrong?

"Vic, are you there?" I ask, starting to get worried by the silence.

"Yeah, sorry. Was just thinking. How would you like to go out sometime? I know its kind of quick and all, but I really do want to help you, and I think I may be able to help the most by becoming you friend, as long as you want that." He says.

My cheeks were getting warm for some reason.

"I would like that, Vic." I say, smiling.

"Ok! I'll see you tomorrow at noon back at the music store!" He says.

He sounded really excited and happy.

"Sounds great, Vic!" I say, trying to hide the fact that I was extremely happy at this second.

"Ok, Kylie! Talk to you later! See you tomorrow!" He says, hanging up the phone.

Today has actually been a very good day, for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two days in a row! Hello my three subscribers! I updated for you all : ] Hope y'all like this and I am sorry for what ever grammar mistakes I have in this story. Just tell me and I'll try and fix them : ] Going to try and work on chapter three tonight!