What's So Good About Picking up the Pieces?

Ch. 3 Don't Rain on my Parade

After talking with Vic, I decided to go and get something to eat, which would end up being a really big mistake, knowing how good today has been. The closest place to eat was the local diner, which was owned by Katrina's family. Mrs. Reynolds is always so kind to her customers, but when it comes to me, she treats me like I am a begging dog that wasn't welcome. I really don't like going to the diner, and Mrs. Reynolds was one of the reasons why I don't like going. Katrina's the other, because she likes to come into the diner and beg mommy and daddy for more money. Sometimes I'm afraid to eat, just because I can see Katrina beating me up in public to feel more power.

I walked into the diner, looked around and listened for Katrina, and when I saw that she wasn't here, I sat myself in a booth. I waited patiently for someone to come take my order, and prayed that it was her brother, Alex. He was always so much nicer then the rest of his family.

"What can I get you, skank?" He asks, walking towards the booth and eyeing me.

I shake my head at him, because he had a smile on his face. It was all an act to please his parents and sister. He glared at me while I debated on what I would eat. I knew the whole menu by heart, so I knew exactly what I wanted.

"Could I have a pepsi and a bowl of potato soup?" I ask.

"Will that be all?" He asks.

"Of course, Alex." I say, throwing a smile at him.

He walked away and walked into the kitchen.

He actually wasn't that bad looking, now that I thought about it. He looked nothing like his parents or sister. Actually, he looked like he was adopted if you compared them to each other. He had black hair, while his parents and sister had blonde hair, his eyes were blue, while theirs were brown, his skin was pale, while they were perfectly tan, and he was kind of stocky, while his family was the complete opposite. I wonder if he is adopted? It was amazing how different he really looked when it came to the rest of his parents and sister. That was probably another reason why he was nice to me. All their personalities were the same as well. Stuck up, snobby bitches, and dicks in his father's case, but he really couldn't be all that mean. He tried for the sake of his life though.

Katrina would do the same shit that she does to me, to him if he wasn't mean to me when he saw me. I understood why he was the way he was to me. If I had a sister like Katrina, I would do the same thing as him. Listen to her and watch my back when I mess up. Katrina could do anything to him, because her parents actually didn't care. She was that perfect daughter in their eyes, and no one could fix that. I hate parents that think their children are actual angels when it turns out they are almost exactly like the devil himself.

Alex brought out my food and drink about ten minutes after I ordered.

"Katrina's coming." He whispered in my ear and casually walked away from me.

Either I inhaled my food, grabbed a to go box, or I ate like a normal person, and I was sick of running from my fears, so I decided to eat my food like a normal person would. I slowly started to eat my food when she entered the diner. She quickly walked by my booth, then she back tracked.

"What is the bitch doing here? Get out you stupid whore!" She yells at me.

Her words stung, but I pretended that I didn't hear her and took a sip of my pepsi. She huffed, irritated at me, and walked into the kitchen. She would get me back later, but I didn't care about that right now. If I continued to run from her, I would never face my fears, and I would always be scared of Katrina.

Alex came over and gave me the bill, and I gave him a twenty, which meant that he got a six dollar tip from me, which he deserved for warning me about Katrina.

"Bye, bitch." He says, winking at me.

I got up, and left the diner, walking extremely slow for me. I tried not to get paranoid, but I ended running back towards campus anyway. I ran back up to the dorm, quickly walking into my room, and locking my door. If I was in the room, she wouldn't mess with me, normally, bit I probably beyong pissed her off today. Either way she would get me back. She always does.

Instead of worrying about what Katrina would do to me, I got ready for bed. I hadn't noticed, but I was really tired. Then it hit me. I didn't do anthing to harm myself today. I actualy ate dinner, I didn't cut myself, and I also didn't want to. For once, in a really long time, I didn't want to hurt myself, and it was all because of a stranger. A stranger that I didn't want to be a stranger to me, anymore. I wanted Vic to be my friend.At some point, once I finally cleared my mind, I fell asleep.

~The Dream~

"Come here baby girl. Remember, daddy will always love you, no matter if I'm here or not. Just remember, I'm always here." The man says, touching the area where my heart was.

"But daddy, why are you leaving?" A five year old me asks.

"Its complicated, sweetie." He says, hugging me, and getting up to leave.

"Its mommy's fault isn't it? She making you leave! Don't leave daddy! I love you!" I scream.

He didn't listen to my please. He just kept walking away.

Then the scenery changed and Vic was in front of me. He was in a tux and I looked down at myself. I was wearing a beautiful, flowing, wedding dress. Vic was looking at me, as if waiting for me to say something.

"I do." I yell out, hoping that was it,

He smiled at me.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Just as we were about to kiss, I was awoken by my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I say, rather rudely for me. Shouldn't have woken me up.

"Hey I just wanted to make sure we were still on for today." It was VIc. Oops.

"Um, yeah! Sorry, I was asleep what time is it?" I ask.

"Its ten. Umm... I was also wondering if you would be cool meeting the guys today?" He asks.

He sounded really nervous asking this. '

"Sure, that would be amazing! I would love to meet the guys!" I say.

I probably sounded a little too excited, but hey, I wanna get to know Vic, so I'll take anything.

"Awesome! I told them about you and they asked if they could meet you. I told them it was all up to you and that we'd see. I'll warn you now, they can be a little wild." He says.

I laughed for a moment.

"Vic, they can't be that bad." I say, still laughing.

"Oh, you'll see in a few hours. Still meeting at the store at twelve?" He asks.

"Yeah, that still sounds good. See you then, Vic." I say.

I had a huge grin on my face.

"Bye, Kylie!" He says, then hangs up.

Vic hadn't said what I needed to wear, so i just picked out a pair of black skinny jeans and a plaid pink shirt. It was the best I could conjour up. I don't exactly have a lot of decent selection of clothing. By that I mean clothes that I actually like. Most of my clothes I own were bought at the thrift store. Sometimes I find something that I actually like, but half the time it doesn't fit me. Too big or too small. I just can't win with clothes. If I find something that fits though, I still buy it, just because its clothes.

After I found what I was going to wear I got into the shower. After I was done with that, I got dressed and debated on what I was going to do with my hair. It wasn't very long anyways, so I just dryed and straightened my hair. I was trying to make everything simple. Not too much not too little.

I was finally ready to go and I was actually starting to get nervous. I didn't know Vic that well, and I didn't know the other guys at all. I just pushed the nervousness out of the way and walked out of my room. I ran down the stairs with a smile on my face, but that smile was quickly replaced with a frown. Katrina was at the bottom of the stairs.

"Hello little, bitch. You ignored me yesterday. You know what that means, don't you?" She says, with an evil sneer on her face.

"Katrina I don't give a damn. Don't rain on my parade. I'm sick of all of this. Can't you just stop? I know you want me dead, but you know what? I don't want to be dead. If you asked me yesterday, I would have let you kill me if you tried. I didn't care yesterday, but today, I do. I don't want anymore of your shit. Have a good day." I say, attempting to walk out of the dorm.

Obviously I didn't make it. Instead she grabbed me by the hair and started punching the hell out of me. At some point I blacked out and woke up to my phone ringing, yet again.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Thanks for ditching us!" Vic yells in my ear.

"Wait! Let me explain!" I yell into the phone.

"I'm listening."

"I didn't want to tell you this, but here it goes." I say.

I explained everything to him. How I started cutting, how I had a best friend and now she's my enemy, and why I wasn't there to meet up with them.

"I'm so sorry for yelling at you. Do you still want to meet up?" He asks me.

"Depends on the time. I have class at nine tomorrow." I say.

"Its two." He says.

"Oh yeah! That's plenty of time! I'll meet you at the music store, Vic! Bye!" I says.

I got up and started walking towards the music store. When I got there, there were four people standing outside. They all looked extrememly familiar, so I figured it was the rest of the band, since they were all standing by Vic.
♠ ♠ ♠
guys, I am so sorry that I haven't updated in a while.
on another note, like always, sorry for the grammar mistakes and stuff like that. Hope y'all like this chapter.

If you could, please point out the grammar mistakes that I did make. Please and thank you.

Again I am so sorry for not updating in so long. Still working on chapter 4 though.