Super Trouble

Chapter Three: In Love with a Luthor

"I watched Superman fly away
You’ve got a busy day today
Go save the world
I’ll be around
And I watched Superman fly away
Come back I’ll be with you someday
I’ll be right here on the ground when you come back down.
Tall, dark, and beautiful
He’s complicated, he’s irrational”


When Jake returned home, he smiled at the sound of music coming from his sister’s room. If she was listening to music, then she was okay. Especially if she was listening to the one song her father couldn’t stand.

There father hated songs about Superman. If Jamie was listening to one, then that meant she was getting back at their father.

Jake laughed a little as he walked into her room. “Trying to get back at, Dad?” he asked, smirking at his twin sister.

When Jamie lifted her head off the bed and looked at her brother, she nodded. “He’s the reason why that guy knew our weaknesses,” she said, sounded irritated.

“Dad wouldn’t have told him, if he would have known he’d be evil,” Jake said, defending their father.

Jamie just rolled her eyes. “Too many people know Dad’s secret. Lana Lang, Chloe Sullivan, Pete Ross, and the list continues.”

Jake watched her. “Pete, Chloe, and Lana were Dad’s closest friends and they wouldn’t say anything.”

Jamie shrugged. “There were more people who knew, but are dead now.”

Jake stared at his sister. “Dad didn’t tell them. They found out.”

Jamie glared at her brother. “I don’t really care right now.”

Jake nodded and looked at his sister. “So, what’d you think of the girl?”

Jamie stared at her brother. “The one from the fire?”

When he nodded, Jamie thought about it for a moment. “She seemed nice enough. She thanked us and wasn’t too insulted that we hadn’t payed attention to her right off. That gives her points since it means she doesn’t have to always have attention.Why are you asking? Do you like her?”

Jake stared at her. “Getting right to the point, aren’t you?”

Jamie smiled and lifted an eyebrow, waiting for her brother’s answer.

“Yes, she’s beautiful. I felt like we connected when I first saw her, but there’s one small problem.”

Jamie had looked been looking down at her hand, but lifted her eyes to her brother’s at his words. “What’s the problem?”

Jake smiled sheepishly. “She’s a Luthor.”

Jamie’s head snapped up. “What? Did you just say she’s a Luthor? You’re interested in a Luthor!” she hissed at him.

Jake looked at her. “It’s not that bad.”

“Not that bad?” Jamie stared at her brother in disbelief. “Lex Luthor has been trying to discover our secret for years. He’s wanted to kill Dad since before we were born. How is it not that bad?”

Jake looked at her. “She’s not her father,” he muttered.

“And you know that in the five minutes you spent with her?”

Jake glared at his sister. “She was insulted by the way Conner acted when he heard her last name. She said herself that not all Luthor’s are evil.”

Jamie stared at her brother. “Dad can tell you himself that they are. Anyone in the Justice League would tell you they are.”

Jake stared. “They don’t know her.”

“Neither do you!”

Jake glared at her. “You don’t either.”

Jamie threw her hands in the air irritated with her brother. “You’re unbelievable.”

“You’re judging someone because of their last name, and I’m the one that’s unbelievable?” Jake whispered, his temper in his voice.

Jamie started at him. “I’m judging her because of what her family has done in the past. You’re judging her after five minutes of talking to her. Not even five minutes. Have you told Dad this?”

Jake stared at her. “Off course not!”

Jamie looked at him. “You need to tell Dad about this.”

“And have him tell me the same thing you are? That all Luthor’s are evil? No thank you.”

“If you don’t tell him, Jake, I will.”

Jake glared at his sister. “I don’t even know why I told you. I should have known you wouldn’t understand.”

Jamie watched her brother storm off and walked downstairs to talk to her father. They could not afford to have her brother fall in love with a Luthor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclaimer : I do not own Taylor swift or her song "Superman ".