Super Trouble

Chapter Seven: Two Loves

Slipping out of the house, Jake quickly changes into his superhero costume. He wanted to fine Rachel and get to know her, but this was the only way to convince her to talk to him. Flying through the air, he saw her reading a book by a tree and smiled before landing.

“Glad to see you don’t need rescuing,” he said, watching as her head flew up and her eyes lighting up at the sight of him.

“I may not need rescuing, but I wouldn’t mind your company.”

Jake smiled brightly at her words and land beside her. “I’m trying to decide if I should trust you or worry about you.”

Rachel stared at him for a few moments in confusion. “What do you mean?”

Jake stared at her. “You’re father is Lex Luthor, the man who hates all heros.”

Rachel’s eyes narrowed. “And you think I’m just like him.”

“I’m trying to figure that out. I’ve been told multiple times not to trust a Luthor, but I keep thinking you’re different.”

Rachel relaxed a little and smiled at him. “I’m nothing like my father.”

“I guess I’ll have to wait and see,” he said, smiling at her.

He couldn’t help but enjoy her company, wanting to stay beside her for days instead of the little bit of time that he could be here. He loved looking into her green eyes, getting lost there. Her auburn hair made him think of the fire that burned inside him every time he looked at her. She was perfect in every sense of the word, except for her last name.

“I should be going,” Jake said, before starting to fly away. Before he could get even a foot off the ground, Rachel grabbed his hand.

“Wait,” she whispered, holding his hand.

Jake looked down at her and returned to the ground. “Yes?”

Rachel leaned in and kissed him, brushing her lips lightly over his. She had wanted to kiss him since he had saved her. Jake, surprised by the kiss, kissed her back, letting his feelings show. It felt natural having her lips against his. When the kiss ended, he looked into her eyes and reached up to touch a hand to her cheek.

“I want to see you again,” Rachel said, laying her hand over the hand that cupped her cheek.

Jake smiled. “You will.”

Rachel stared at him. “When?”

“Soon.” And with that, Jake flew off, leaving her standing there, watching him go.

*****

Jamie walked out of the house and away from the drama. She was tired from the vision she had, and she didn’t know what to do about it. She closed her eyes and rested her head back against the wall. Everyone had so much to deal with, and she was too weak to help them with any of it. It was strange that the effects of Kryptonite were stronger on her than her father. Her father always recovered within a few minutes after escaping the effects of Kryptonite, but with her it seemed to keep her weak for awhile.

Jamie sat like that for a long time until she heard the door open. She opened her eyes and looked at the person who walked out. Hunter stood before her and watched her with his blue gray eyes.

“You okay?” he asked, sounding worried.

Jamie nodded, unable to speak while looking into the depth of his deep blue gray eyes. When he reached out and touched her cheek gently, she blushed a little and looked away.

“I was confused when I saw your eyes go cloudy in there. I’ve never seen that before,” he whispered, his voice sounding a little embarrassed.

Jamie turned to face him again and gave him a soft smile. “Sorry, my family has gotten use to it. I forgot that you and your father wouldn’t know what was happening.”

Hunter smiled at her. “It’s alright. I was just worried.” He watched her for a few moments and started to reach out to touch her cheek but stopped himself. This was Superman’s daughter. The daughter of his father’s best friend. He had no right to even consider getting involved. Especially since he didn’t know her.

Looking away, Hunter stood up and walked over to the porch railing. “I’m glad you’re okay,” he said, before walking off the porch. Jamie stared after him in confusion, trying to understand what she may have done.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its short and it probably isn't the greatest chapter, but I felt bad for not updating and tried to work a chapter out. I have huge writers block for all of my stories and I'm trying to work through it. Plus I knew I haven't done much with Jake and Rachel and wanted to put something up for them. Enjoy. Please comment and/or subscribe.