Give Me Love

Not Again

I felt one of Seth’s hands begin to slide up under my tank top and softly brush over the skin of my stomach and butterflies flew crazily inside of my head. The feel of his lips molded with mine, the touch of his rough, yet soft hands against the sensitive skin of my stomach, the way his fingers twitched slightly under my butt as he held me up, pressed against the wall one-handed made my head fall into a whirlpool of emotions.

I felt like our world was about to cave in and there was nothing I could do about it. I knew that as soon as Seth left the room, there was a big chance I’d never seen him again. I tugged on his shirt, silently begging him to take it off. He whined like a pup when our lips came apart for the brief moment, the sound of the shirt hitting the floor was then drowned by the roar of blood in my ears. My back arched against the wall, needing to get as close to him as possible.

I wriggled my legs and he put my down, breaking the kiss and opening his eyes to look at me confused. I tore off my own shirt, threw it somewhere on the floor and pushed him backward onto the bed before I climbed on top of him and dove in for more kisses. “I need you,” my words tickled the skin of his neck as I trailed kisses down his jawline and to his collar bone.

His fingers toyed with the strings of my bathing suit, though now our trip to the beach was clearly canceled. He shifted and pulled my face up to gaze at his own, “No, we can’t do this.”

I knew what he meant and instantly my cheeks blazed a hot red but my hormones didn’t stop raging. I leaned down and kissed the hollow of his neck and sighed, “You can’t leave me.” I could almost hear his heart breaking in his chest as he shifted again and moved the slightest bit away from me. My heart immediately began to pound dangerously fast against my ribs. “Seth, no.” I begged him, but he tore his eyes from my own and locked them on the bedroom door.

As if this wasn’t painful enough a piercing howl sounded from the distant woods. Seth rose from the bed and the weight in the room became suffocating. I flew from the bed and into him, wrapping my arms desperately around his waist from behind him. I felt the quivering of his body and the beating of my crumbling heart grow slow with doom.

“I have to go.” Seth’s voice grew cold. “I don’t have a say, Jake is my alpha and I listen to him, and the Cullen’s are my friends, I’m not going to let them die.”

My grip faltered and he pried my arms off of him while he took another daunting step closer to the door, the knob now easily in his reach. “What if you die? This isn’t like the battle earlier in the year, Seth. This is incredibly serious and dangerous, the world’s most powerful vampires are coming here and it sounds like they’re not leaving until that child is dead. What if you die, what if you never come home?” My voice cracked and broke with the pain building inside of my chest.

“I love you,” he said and before I could grasp the sadness in his tone or say it back to him, he tore out of the room, out of the house, and into the wilderness where the oncoming war waited for him.

My knees buckled and the floor rushed up to meet my face, kissing it with pain that felt miniscule compared to the agony inside of me. I would be left here, in the dark and blind to the fighting, or death of my friends.

Not only was there a chance of losing Seth, but Jacob, Leah, but any of the others that decided to help fight against the imposing threat. Including my own flesh and blood, Collin.

My eyes burned and my hands shook; my mouth ran dry and my muscles grew hard and tense. My breath was coming out in short bursts and gasps; it felt like the walls were caving in on me.

Seth was gone, preparing to fight in a war that I could not help with. He wouldn't let me help with. I couldn't just sit in the dark again, no. It was nearly impossible for me to do it the first time.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for your wonderful comments!

this was a fun and cute little story to fiddle with.

xox