Give Me Love

Decisions to Make

Each of the wolves froze in their place and then slowly turned to face me, each with their own uneasy look. I stood with my hands on my hips and an exasperated look in my eyes, “Tell me what’s going on. Now.”

The biggest one, and the one with the darkest fur made some sort of huff and growl noise before he morphed back. I quickly averted my eyes to give him a moment to slip on the shorts tied hastily to a band around his ankle—something all of them did. He cleared his throat and I faced him once more to find a stressed looking Sam Uley.

“You’ve become one of us, Kara.”

He said it so simply, like a kindergarten level math problem, that I needed a moment to process his words. One of them? I blinked at him a few times hoping he would catch my confusion. Of course, he didn’t.

“What does that even mean?”

He sighed, “You’ve grown excessively in the past month and your muscles have become developed without you even trying, though I doubt you’ve noticed.” I shot him a small glare at that comment. “Your body temperature has risen, not from fever or sickness from your little adventure in the forest, but from the change.”

His words cut off and I felt a tension in the air. I timidly spoke, “I feel like there’s a ‘but’ or an ‘and’ coming in…”

Sam sighed once more, “And you transformed while unconscious after Collin brought you inside your house. Your father didn’t see, Collin told him he would rather just take you straight to the Cullen’s. Instead he brought you to the Black garage.”

I opened my mouth to ask why but he beat me to it.

“That way if you transformed while unconscious again, you wouldn’t break anything or accidently harm Collin or your father. Also,” his voice dropped to a dangerous whisper. “We know you saw the vision, though I’m not going to bother explaining its meaning until you answer me one question.”

My body had begun quivering, from what exactly though I had no idea. As Sam’s words sank in I realized they were all true. I had noticed my shorts were getting a little too short, though I figured it was from shrinkage in the dryer, and that my arms and legs looked more defined, though I figured that just came out because I was tanner so I could see it more. I had no way to disprove or prove the whole unconscious morphing thing, or that my body temperature had risen because I hadn’t checked. I felt like I should be freaking out, but the morphing thing wasn’t a surprise to begin with, I knew about it already from Seth and Collin.

“I think I’m in shock,” was all I managed to squeak out.

Sam ignored my statement and continued, “There are now two Packs. As you know Jacob broke away from my pack and formed his own. You need to choose between being a part of mine or his. I’ve sent Collin to deliver the message of your change and Jacob and his pack should be here soon. I can’t guarantee Jacob will even accept you into his Pack.”

I felt like my chest suddenly turned to liquid. If Jake and his pack was coming that meant Seth was coming too. My hear began to race at the thought of finally seeing him again—though the circumstances were less than ideal I’d give anything to see him. Not a breath later the sound of paws came rumbling into the clearing. I turned my head so quickly toward the sound I felt like I could have snapped my neck, but the result took my breath away. There he was.

Seth was sitting atop Jake’s furred wolf body. I nearly broke into tears at the sight of him. Without hesitation he soared down from his perch and pulled me into him. “Not you.”

I didn’t bother responding, words couldn’t sum up what I was feeling inside. While I was engulfed in Seth’s arms everyone else changed back into their human bodies, and I took a moment to realize I now fit perfectly into Seth’s arms. Our bodies molded together like two pieces of separated stone, now that I had grown taller his face was closer to mine, though he still had at least three inches on me.

“This hasn’t happened before,” Sam’s voice sounded from behind me. I slipped the littlest bit out of Seth’s arms to see that he was addressing Jake.

“I know. But neither has Renesmee,” Jake’s tone was harsh and cold. He turned and locked eyes with me, his eyes turned softer. “Kara, I’ll gladly accept you into my Pack, but it’s your choice.” I almost smiled and answered him but another voice spoke first.

“K-Kara!” All eyes fell upon my brother, who stood with fists clenched and eyes watery. A part of my heart broke at the sight, “Kara, come with us” He motioned to the members of Sam’s Pack. “They’re protecting vampires, Kara.”

I saw Collin’s own doubt about his choice to remain on Sam’s side flicker in his eyes. My breath caught in my throat as Seth’s arms tightened around me, a silent plead to go with him. I felt like my world was both shattering and being reborn. The news that I too was a wolf scared me beyond belief, especially due to the fact that I was a girl, though Leah obviously showed that it wasn’t that strange anymore, my Imprint—the person that meant everything to me—was also a wolf and let’s not forget the impending war, putting all of us and the people of La Push in danger.

“Kara,” the sound of desperation in my brother’s voice made my heart quiver. A single tear threatened to fall down his cheek and I felt my own eyes well up with water.

“Collin,” whispers now came from my lips, though I knew he could hear me. “I can’t.”

Collin’s body lunged backwards so hard I thought he might tip over. It was as if I had punched him right in the heart, and I watched as that single tear fell. “You’ll be in danger if you go with him,” his whispered response made pain shoot through my heart.

“He’ll be in danger either way,” I whispered back to him. “I can’t just let him go. Not again.” Collin had on the face of a wounded puppy. “I’m so sorry, Collin.”

In an instant Collin morphed back into his wolf body and tore away from the rest of us. Sam’s frost bitten gaze fell on me, “Then we have nothing more to speak about.” Sam’s group then followed the direction Collin went, and a series of long, miserable howls rang through the evening air.

Seth turned me around in his arms and held me for a long, long time before any of the remaining people spoke. Jake stepped up beside the two of us and place a hand on my shoulder, his sad, understanding chocolate eyes fell on mine. “It’s good to have you. Let’s get back, I’m sure Leah and everyone else will be happy to know you’ve chosen the right side.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay sorry this time my computer was jammed in between an update.

I'm working hard to update quickly i promise!