Give Me Love

Long, Empty Weeks

It had already been a week of me going through the motions of everyday life.

Collin was nowhere to be found but Dad said he called Sam’s house to check on him and he was fine. Dad thought Sam was just helping Collin with a school project that he had to have his focus on any free moment he had. Even though he hadn’t been in school all week and I was secretly writing notes for him in my dad’s handwriting with his signature. So, I hadn’t seen my brother in a week.

Jacob was gone too, he hadn’t been in school, like Collin. I was over at his house with Uncle Billy a couple days, passing time watching sports on the television, as I waited for Jacob to strut through the door with Seth and Leah. They didn’t.

Seth, like the others wasn’t in school and hadn’t spoken to me in a week. I couldn’t describe the loneliness I felt now that I knew what he was to me.

I had thought about it, what I wanted and needed. I found myself watching commercials and wondering if Seth would think they were funny, like the dog and doritos one, or too sad, like the animal shelter ones. I wanted him around, and I found that I didn’t care whether he was my friend or boyfriend. I just needed him around. Period, end of story.

The second week was harder because Dad began to ask me if I knew when Collin would be back and I said I didn’t know, but I remembered the imaginary project to be really hard when I had to do it. He believed me. The school still took my forged notes to make up for Collin’ absent seat.

I stopped going to Uncle Billy’s because I had grown too hopeful that the three of them would come home while I was there so I just stayed in my room or went fishing with my Dad. He noticed that I seemed down lately but I just told him that I just wanted to see the sun come out. It had been steadily downpouring for the two weeks that Seth, Collin, Jacob and Leah were gone.

Halfway through the third week I had begun to lose hope that this would ever resolve. I didn’t even know if the girl, Bella, had given birth to her vampire baby yet. I was completely in the dark in terms of how things were going.

I hated it.

I hated literally sitting in my living room and staring at the front door, pretending to watch the television with Dad. I hated that everytime the door didn’t open to reveal Collin, or Seth, or Jacob, or Leah, my heart sunk. What if they’d all killed each other? I would have had no idea.

I was tempted to just storm over to Sam’s house and demand that he let the vampire baby live and just protect the town and it’s people like they had before. I didn’t though, because I knew Seth ,and especially Jacob and Collin wouldn’t like me getting involved in that. I really wanted to though.

Sitting and waiting to see if the people I cared about the most in the world, were done fighting the war against each other, was one of the hardest things I’d done. I didn’t know how thousands of military family’s did this. My loved ones were only one town over and theirs were overseas.

I was going insane, I resorted to playing card games by myself in my room as I waited and waited... and waited.

I swore I was going crazy, just sitting there. I was past the point of no return when it came to worrying. Instead of doing it a few times during the day, I did it constantly. I just wanted them to come storming into my bedroom and tell me everything was okay now, but they didn’t.

No one did.

The third week came to a close and there was still a dead signal. It was a Thursday evening when the front door swung open while I was upstairs. I came flying down like a bat out of Hell to find Collin standing there with his arms wide. I crashed into him and held on for life.

His hair was lumpy and looked like a chunk was missing from the back, his eyes looked incredibly tired and aged, but he was safe and alive and here. I squeezed before pulling back enough to glare at him.

“Don’t. Ever. Do. That. Again.” I said before squeezing once more to make sure he was really there.

He chuckled before fulling letting go and he surveyed me. I looked like a mess, I knew that. My hair was damp from a earlier shower and I was dressed in my frumpiest pajamas, but I couldn’t have cared less. “It’s over. There’s nothing Sam can do now.”

I let a fearful expression shadow my face, “You killed the baby?” I took a step away from him and tried to grasp the idea of an innocent baby being murdered by a pack of wolves. Vampire or not the idea was beyond morbid

“No,” Collin shook his head. “Jacob Imprinted on the baby.”

“Imprinted? On a newborn baby?” I looked at Collin like he was insane. “That’s possible?”

Collin slowly nodded and moved to sit on the sofa, I followed. “Yeah, Quil’s Imprint is three years old. It’s weird, but it happens.”

I sighed, “So it’s all over now? You’re all one pack and the baby can’t be harmed?”

“Well,” Collin made a face, “It’s over for now. And we’re still two packs, and now Quil and Embry joined Jacob’s pack.”

“But you’ll be home now, and so will Seth?” He nodded, and I bit my lip before asking, “Are you okay here alone?”

“Oh I get it, I’ve been gone just as long as him, but you’re okay with going to him instead.” He said it in a mocking tone but I could sense that he really was a bit hurt by it. When he saw my inner delemme he sighed and motioned to the door, “He’s probably at Jacob’s house.”

I couldn’t bring myself to stay any longer away from Seth though, so I kissed Collin’s temple, and left. I hadn’t even bothered to grab shoes or change out of my pajamas because one, my cousin house was a muddy short cut away, two it was Seth and I only wanted to see him, and three it was pouring rain and it didn’t matter anyway because in a matter of seconds I was soaked to the bone.

I didn’t get very far because not five minutes later I heard my name being called and saw Seth’s body emerge from the woods , as he ran full speed at me. He called out to me again as I found myself literally jumping into his arms as we collided. The impact of my body slamming into him and him coming to a crashing halt would have knocked a normal pair over, but he only staggered a step before balancing himself. He wrapped his arms around me as I locked my arms around his neck, though they were loose enough so that I wouldn’t choke him.

I pulled my face away enough so that I could see his eyes, they hadn’t lost their sparkle from before, though I could see the time away had aged them a bit. I pulled my arms out from behind him and put a gentle hand on each of his cheeks. He kept his arms under my butt for support as I kept my legs locked around his waist.

“Don’t do that again,” I managed to whisper out. My hair was slapped on my face and the rain kept up it’s harsh downpour as we stood in the sinking mud.

“I didn’t want to,” he whispered back as he looked into my eyes. “I don’t want to ever leave you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
here you go my lovelies!

xoxox

please leave comments on what you think!