She Is a Mystery

Who?

Chapter two:
SOMEONE ELSE POV
"Sing me a song, my love."
"I don't know if I should, it wouldn't be right, not now not here." I responded with a sad smile.
"We are to be, why not just act like it."
"Those are dangerous words, love."
"A little bit of danger keeps life... alive. Please, I beg of thee, just a few cords and lines? I adore your voice, it makes me feel at peace."
"Okay, just this once."
"What will you sing for me, my love?"
"Something, special. Just for you."
I know you've never loved
The crinkles by your eyes
When you smile
You've never loved
Your stomach or your thighs,
The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine
But I'll love them endlessly
I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if I do
It's you
Oh, it's you they add up to
I'm in love with you
And all these little things
You can't go to bed without a cup of tea
And maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep
And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep
Though it makes no sense to me
I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true
It's you,
It's you they add up to
I'm in love with you
And all these little things
Back then, we were happy, ignorant to the harshness of life, the evils of this world. Back then she said she would be by my side forever. Back then, forever seemed perfect, now it doesn't seem like long enough. No matter what I still cannot find that one piece that I gave to her, and now will never have again. I can still remember that moment, a week before she disappeared. We sat in front of the piano, her long brown hair up in a bun, her bangs falling out, as she blushed listening to me serenade my love. We had just came home from a stroll in the park. It was the perfect moment to steal a kiss, however, I couldn't I wanted to do it right. So i didn't. Now I wish I had. Maybe she wouldn't have left soon after to visit Marjorie down the boulevard... and maybe she would have gotten home on time... maybe she wouldn't have gone missing. And seven days later they wouldn't have been declaring her dead. I wouldn't be standing at the grave cite of my fiance, we would have been married that next month. We would have lived together until she got sick of something, and I stayed by her bedside as she slowly lost herself, and I would follow soon after. However that didn't happen, she didn't come home that night, and they had a funeral for a box with her shoes in it, they never found her body. And when at the age of twenty three, and I was turned I still had hope maybe the same fate had taken my love, maybe I would see her again, but I wouldn't be that selfish and condemn my angel to this fate... no, now I live with my family and 'wife' whom i 'love'. She knows I don't love her like I should, and she just says she understands, and will be here when I need her, and I adore her for that, but the one I was meant for, didn't last to see the day when I could steal a kiss, and hold her hand with a golden band resting on her finger... when I could truly call her mine.
And for that, I never forgive myself, i could have found her, she could have still been out there... but i didn't I sat there in distress and just lost myself, until I lost my soul... and stand here the way I am now.