‹ Prequel: This.
Status: You don't have to read the prequel to follow what's going on:)

The Jerk Theory

This

Marjorie.

I tried to keep my temper in check, for Liam’s sake. The last thing he needed was someone to blow up at him, but I was ready to explode. He was so infuriating. All he does is mope around, glare at Niall, and occasionally stumble out of his hotel rooms reeking up sex and cheap perfume, never spending time with any of the lads.

I was sick of him, and I didn’t even have to be around him the majority of the time. I felt bad for Niall, and all the other guys, who had to deal with his rotten attitude. He was beginning to be a little like Harry, which I didn’t like. Harry was a nice enough guy, but there was always something so ingenuous about him that gave me a weird feeling.

I left his room civilly. But the second the door shut behind me, I was fuming. Like, ears burning, heart racing, fists clenching anger. Niall always told me I had a nasty temper, especially when I cared about something. And boy, was he right.

I arrived back at mine and Niall’s room, swiping the cared furiously and shoving in. Niall was on the bed, looking adorable as he watched something on the telly. I didn’t even have time to enjoy the glorious sight because I was so mad. He looked up at me and smirked knowingly at my flushed face.

“Went well then?” He said, clicking the telly off and sitting up. I glared at him and started pacing back and forth. He watched me silently, waiting for me to say something.

“It’s one thing to not want to spend time with anyone on the tour. It’s another thing to be a to be a total jackass when I try and talk to him like an adult.” I fumed, stull pacing.

“What did he say?” Niall asked, scooting closer off the bed. I could tell he wanted to grab me, but I wasn’t done pacing off my anger.

“He told me to “fuck off” for one thing. And then he was like ‘not everything is about you.’” Well, excuse me! I never said that anything was about me. I went to him because I feel bad that things are weird and he just tells me to fuck off?” I screeched, throwing my arms around wildly. I picked up a pillow that had fallen to the floor and threw it angrily at the wall.

“Marj.” Niall said gently, holding his arms open. I started at him for a second, unsure of what to do. I wanted to finish my breakdown. “Come here.”

I sighed and stepped into his embrace. He pulled me into his chest and took a deep breath. I instantly relaxed at his touch. He rocked us back and forth for a minute, enjoying the silence and my diffusing anger.

“I’m just sad that he hates you. Things haven’t been the same and I feel like it’s my fault. I know it’s my fault. I feel so stupid and guilty and stupid all the time.” I whispered into his chest, clutching onto his shirt.

“I know. But I’ve told you a million times, Marj. It’s not. Things got a little complicated, but I’ve moved on, and now you need to move on. If Liam wants to be stuck in the past, then fuck him. Because I’m not going to feel bad for how happy you make me.” Niall whispered into my hair, rubbing soothing circles into my back.

“I hate that he’s mad at you for being happy. I just wish I’d never kissed him, lead him on. Then he wouldn’t hate us and he would be happy.” I said, leaning back so that I could look at his face.

“It’s not your responsibility to make him happy. And it’s not your fault that he has turned into a total slag and that he is a total bitch.” Niall said, still sounding soothing, but I could feel him tense up.

“You hate him.” I murmured miserably. “You hate your best friend because I’m an idiot.”

“I don’t hate him. I just hate this version of him. Things are a little tense, but none of it is your fault. It’s between Liam and me. It has nothing to do with you.” He assured him, tightening his grip and pressing a soft kiss to my nose.

“I don’t want you to be punished for being happy, Ni. I just want everyone to get along.” I whined, burying my head in his chest again. “I want you guys to be mates again.”

“I know. And I promise I’ll try.” He said, slipping his fingers underneath the hem of my shirt and pressing into the skin on my lower back. My eyes slipped closed, my anger being forgotten.

“It’s not you I’m worried about.” I sighed when his lips ghosted across my neck. I love this. I love the way Niall smelled, I love his calloused hands on my back, I love the way he kisses me. I love him so much, and I love that he is completely mine. The only drawback is that it came at the expense of Liam’s friendship.

“Stop thinking.” Niall said, trailing his hands deeper under the shirt. I giggled at the feather light touches tickled my back.

“I love you.” I said. “Thanks for…you know. Listening.”

“Hmmm.” He hummed into my neck. “Thank you for talking. I love it when you talk.”

“Do you?” I laughed, wrapping my arms around his neck and leaning into his lips with great force. It caught him off guard, and he stumbled back. I giggled again at how perfectly silly it was. Together for over a year and Niall still made me giggle like a schoolgirl.

“I love you, Marjorie.” He said, before pushing me onto the mattress. Niall got pushy when he was horny. It made me smile even wider. He climbed on top of me, peeling off his shirt as he did so. I grabbed his hair roughly and pulled him back down to my lips.

Another thing I love about Niall is that when he kisses me, nothing else really matters.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi. It's been two months and this is horribly short and different. I had this written along with other chapter, but then I didn't include it, now I figure that I might as well. So. Here's this. And the next one will be up in a day or so, just to give this chapter time to sink in.