Sequel: A Mess Of The Mind
Status: Yep.

What's It Like?

Tick Tock

He was lying quietly across Alex's lap, her fingers idly weaving through her twins mop of black hair, causing it to stick out more than it usually does. Neither of them said anything as Alex waited for his panic to ease, his shaking to stop, his breathing to even out.

Finally, when he was calm again, though the shaking never stopped, she swept his hair away from his cold, clamy forehead.

'What's it like?' She eventually asked.

'What's, what like?' He asked, his voice still hoarse from the mess of hysterical laughter and screams his mind had deteriorated him into.

'Depression.'

He stayed silent. Thinking.

But the ticking in his head got to him again.

Tick tock.

Time was his enemy.

It tortured him with it's incessant ticking.

Always reminding him of the countdown to his inevitable death.

Tick tock.

They would be glad to see him go.

The seconds were easy, the minutes harder, but the hours were the worst. Stretches of undifinable horrorterrors in a black void of hopelessness.

They left him screaming.

Always screaming.

Again and again.

'Sam?' Alex said, leaning over him with concern in her eyes.

He blinked, brought back to the present and blinking to focus in on her. He suddenly remembered her question.

'It's like drowning while watching everyone else around you breathing.' He answered.

She nodded squeezing her eyes shut, but to no avail, a tear slipped out anyway.

Sam reached up with a shaky hand and wiped it away. He was sad that he had made her cry, but he didn't know how to make it better.

He never knew.

But he'd already accepted that he would tear down and destroy everything he loved and held dear. Break it down to nothing.

He never knew how to fix it.

So he never tried.

He just watched as everything broke and resigned himself to slipping deeper and deeper into the void.

The Hopeless, Endless void.

Tick tock.

His hand wiped away more of Alex's tear as she clutched him to her, her tears falling from her lovely mismatched eyes.

She cried for her brother.

She cried for herself.

She cried.

But all Sam could do was watch and think that he broke her.

He broke her again.

Just like he breaks everything.

Sam let the shadows of his mind grip him a little bit tighter and drag him further town the void.

Tick Tock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uhm, so yeah.