Status: One-Shot

Oh God, I'm Sick of Sleeping Alone

One of one

Alex really hated sleeping alone.

To him, it was possibly the most bothersome thing about being a single human. Without the warm body beside him, or the constant, soothing sounds of a person breathing deep in sleep lulled him into better slumbers.

He wasn't really an insomniac, per say, or at least he didn't consider himself to be.

No, Alex slept fine alone (usually) in their tour bus bunks, because he knew that Jack was above him, and Zack was also within reach. Flyzik was even beside him most of the times, if not then it was Rian. He found sleep easy in those crowded bunks, enjoying the snores and deep breathing of those around him.

But now, tour was over, and he found himself tossing in turning in his goddamn empty bed in Baltimore, restless and annoyed.

The light-hair boy huffed, a sleepy growl being formed soon after.

"Oh god, I'm sick of sleeping alone." He whispered aloud, staring wide-eyed at the ceiling, mentally applauding himself and making a reminder to write that down. It could make a good song for the upcoming album, he thought.

He rolled his eyes, sighing, and popped another Unisom pill that would hopefully help his predicament, but he knew it wouldn't. He'd tried everything. Absolutely everything.

And by this time he was almost ready to call his ex-girlfriend Lisa and apologize to her even though he really didn't want to. Just because he knew she'd take him back and rush over to cuddle and exchange 'I love you's, and he would get some sleep. He was just exhausted, and exhausted with being exhausted.

But really, he knew deep down inside he wanted Jack here, like old times. Even on tour, they'd still sleep in each others bunks, not necessarily because Alex needed it, but because he enjoyed Jack's company a whole lot. He enjoyed the way the other boy would nuzzle his head into his neck, or intertwine their legs, and the way Jack smiled in his sleep, accompanied by his light snoring.

With a frown, he buried his head into his pillow, only a small buzz coming from under making him move. He groaned, clutching his phone tight and wincing at the light it was producing, slowly but surely making his eyes adjust to the bright light.

Although when he did, he was sure his smile was brighter than the phone, because this was uncanny, and it gave him an idea.

From: Jacky

Lexxxyyyy, I'm bored.


Alex grinned as he punched in a few letters, enough to form a small message back that seemed convincing enough. It wouldn't hurt if he stretched the truth a little, regardless.

To: Jacky

Then come over. I've got a great idea.


Alex was pleased with his message, because it was a great idea to him, until he realized it could've came off sexual. He cursed lightly under his breath, grabbing his phone again.

To: Jacky

And no, it has nothing to do with sex. Sorry.


It was only a few minutes before Jack responded, his reply making Alex inwardly chuckle, but really all he did was blow extra air through his nose and smirk.

From: Jacky

Boo you whore. I'll be there in like 10.


Alex didn't even have the energy to point out the Mean Girls quote, and only sighed contently. It was times like these he was really thankful for Jack and their strange relationship, and the fact he lived but minutes away.

Nevertheless, the boy laid impatiently waiting in his bed, only wearing sweatpants with no cover over top of him. (It was early summer and he was prone to getting too hot when he slept.)

Thankfully, it was actually less time than he expected when he heard a few taps on the window, provided by the rocks his idiot best friend was throwing. As annoyed as Alex wanted to be because it'd take forever to get Jack in through the window and he was far too exhausted, he only rolled his eyes fondly, finding it strangely endearing.

Jack had done the same thing as kids, and the first time Alex asked why, and he only responded with "I guess I'm a romantic at heart".

That romantic at heart had actually broken his window one time by thinking it was funny to throw a large stone at it because Alex wouldn't wake up, and then it'd become less cute.

With a small giggle at the memory, Alex practically pulled himself out of bed and made his way to the window, opening it and not even pretending to be mad.

"Hey, Princess." Jack shouted up at him, and this made Alex happy his parents slept on the opposite side of the house. "I've got a ladder, if you've got the patience."

"I don't." Alex sighed with a slight grin pulling at his lips because Jack was just so adorable down there smiling up at him, wearing a baggy blink shirt and sweatpants. He composed himself though, remembering Jack was a moron. "But whatever, idiot. Climb."

Jack shrugged, putting the ladder up against the house and doing as Alex said, climbing all the way up to his window before touching his nose to Alex's calmly and happily, despite how high up he was.

(Honestly, Alex couldn't do that. He was terrified of ladders and heights in general.)

"Just trying to be romantic for you, Lexy. Try appreciating me."

He studied Alex's eyes a little, appreciating the way his dark chocolatey irises sparkled in the moon's illumination before nudging his nose up against his. Alex's cheeks burned as he stepped back, remembering how as kids Jack had always done that when he was happy to see him.

Jack only observed him mystically, though, looking the most whimsical to Alex than he had for a while as he climbed through the small space, kicking the ladder over in the process. This only earned him an eye roll though as he offered a sheepish, apologetic smile.

"So," Jack began awkwardly, shoving the thought that Alex was looking as stunning as ever tonight down his throat. "What fun thing do you have in mind, hmm, Gaykarth?" The darker haired boy waggled his eyebrows suggestively, which resulted in him taking a pillow to the face. He sniffed, chuckling. "Pillow fights are gay, Alex."

"So are you."

Jack bit his lip. He was, but, Alex didn't actually know that small bit of information yet.

Either way, he was starting to feel awkward under Alex's distant gaze. It was strange. He looked to be thinking hard and debating something.

"Um, Alex? What did you have in mind? Like, seriously."

At this, said boy seemed to snap out of his trance, throwing himself back on the bed and making grabby hands toward Jack.

Needless to say, Jack was confused.

"This was your great idea? Snuggling?"

"No," Alex corrected, like it was obvious as he continued to grab at nothing. "I want you to just fucking sleep here with me."

"What the fuck, Alex?" Jack chuckled, the question coming off more like a statement, but he really didn't need to be begged. Granted, he was tired himself from running over here and climbing up that ladder.

He just found himself a place in Alex's arms, cuddling into him and trying to get comfortable. Alex hummed in approval, putting his mouth to Jack's hair and squeezing him tight.

"I've never really told you this because its really stupid but... One of the main reasons I'm hardly ever single is because I really hate sleeping alone."

Jack thought the over for a minute, smiling because he could practically feel the heat radiating from his friend's cheeks, and really, it made sense. As kids, they were always over each others houses, every night. Alex had said it was simply because he was lonely, and sadly, the Lebanese boy thought he'd outgrown that.

But with this new acquired information, he sighed contently, snorting a little.

"Explains a lot." Alex nodded, closing his eyes and allowing Jack to finally get a good look at him, noticing the purple bags under his eyes. "You haven't been sleeping lately, then, have you?"

The brown haired boy shook his head. "No. I just can't, I guess. I only can when there is someone else around."

"That's really funny, actually." Jack simply mumbled, his heart jumping to his throat. "It's harder to sleep when you're not around."

Alex's eyes snapped open, watching Jack carefully. He observed his eyes, searching for something. Maybe sincerity.

"You mean that?"

"I do."

Alex smiled, squeezing Jack to him tighter. "I sleep better with you around too, I think. Your snores are strangely soothing."

"Thanks. You shouldn't have." Despite Jack's tone, he was grinning.

Alex ducked his head slowly nudging his nose to Jack's and making him blush.

"You're happy to see me." Jack whispered, making Alex's eyes snap down to his lips and admire them for a second, only to connect their eyes again.

"I am." Alex replied softly, nuzzling his nose against the other boy's. "I...I really love you, Jacky."

"I know, Lex." Jack smiled, closing his eyes. "I love you too."

And although he couldn't see, he could still feel Alex's breath against his lips, making his own breath catch in his throat. Alex let out a shaky breath he didn't know he was holding, before ducking down and pressing his lips against Jack's, smiling into the kiss when he felt Jack kiss back passionately, yet lazily.

Alex pulled away first, his teeth catching his lip before he closed his eyes too, cuddling into Jack.

"Night, Jacky."

He felt another kiss being pressed to his lips, and as Jack pulled away, he heard him mumble a quick response.

"Goodnight, Lex."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this was for pure boredom. At first this was going to be a smut but fluff just fit more with the story.
Comments? I'd appreciate them.