You're the One That Breaks My Heart, and Makes Me Come Undone...

Makes Me Sugarcum.

"Please Lauren, don't do this!" I screamed into my phone, slamming the door shut.
"Sorry Elaine, it's gotta be done. It's been great, but... it's over. Goodbye."
Click.
I slid down my wall, grabbing my hair. I can't believe this is happening to me. Why today? Of all days this could possibly happen, why? I sat on my floor, leaning against my wall, crying.
My girlfriend of 2 years just broke up with me.
I leaned my head back, and let the tears fall. This happened so quick, and so... randomly. Why tonight? We were going to go out tonight. To the show at the bar. To see my favorite band...
I stood up, and smoothed out my shirt.
"Fuck her!" I say aloud.
"She hates The Dark Party, so I'm gonna go see them without her," I announce to myself. Lauren didn't even like Acey Slade and The Dark Party. She was only going to see them because of me. I didn't even want to see what I looked like, so once I found my ticket, I left my apartment, and walked the 5 blocks to the bar.
I entered, and found my way towards the middle of the crowd. I tried my hardest to hide the fact that I was crying. I looked down and realized I was still in my work clothes. Oh well. Who's going to possibly judge me here? I got lost in my thoughts until I heard cheering. The band was on stage, and they began to play. I stared in awe at Acey. He sure was a beauty. It felt so good to be here... being surrounded by the music just really helped me forget her...
...Then the show ended. I sighed, and found my way over to a table. I put my head down, as my tears began to fall again. I still didn't get why Lauren possibly broke up with me so suddenly... Did I do something wrong? Did I say something wrong? I don't even understand... My thoughts began to consume me once again, then I heard a voice come from above me:
"Hey, we can't have people upset at Dark Party shows!"
I can't believe my ears. I look up, and Acey Slade himself is look at me, sympathetically. I blushed, and tried to silence my sniffles.
"I'm sorry," I muttered out, and gave him a weak smile. He pulled a chair up to the table and sat.
"It's alright, I was just messing with you. If you don't mind me asking... what's wrong? And what's you're name? And if I'm intruding on you I'm sorry, you just looked like you needed a friend..."
"No, no, it's alright," I said, sitting up and smiling.
"Actually, thank for coming over here... I didn't expect to meet you tonight, so this is a nice surprise. I'm Elaine, and you guys are undeniably my favorite band ever. I was so exited to see you guys with my girlfriend... but now she's my ex," I finished, bowing my head. He raised an eyebrow. I couldn't help but laugh at his confused look.
"I'm not gay," I said, in attempt to confuse him more. He shook his head.
"Bisexual," I finally said. He nodded.
"I gotcha now. You know, I think we all have a little bit of bi in us..." He said. I raised my eyebrow.
"Is there something you forgot to tell your fans, Mr. Slade?" I asked with a laugh.
"No, I'm still straight. But hey! I got you to laugh,"
"Thanks... I feel better now. Way better."
"Good, that's what I was aiming for. Hey... we have a few hours before we head back to our hotel, wanna go and grab a coffee?"
I nodded. I got up, grabbed my bag, and followed Acey out of the bar. I decided now was the time to see how horrible I looked. I grabbed the mirror out of my bag, looked in it, and gasped. My eyes were completely smeared with black.
"Everything alright?" Acey asked, once we reached the front of the coffee shop."
"Eh... I just realized how horrible I look," I said with a sigh.
"I think you look fine," he replied, giving me a quick smile and leading me into the coffee shop. I could not get over how sweet he was being. He truly did make me feel better. We ordered our coffees and sat at a table.
"So... how long were you guys going out?" He asked.
"Two years... and I still don't know why she broke us up. I really loved her..." I felt a tear run down my face. Acey wiped it away.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up," he said.
"It's okay, I just- Oh no."
"What's wrong?"
"She's...here."
Acey looked at the door. In walked in Lauren. She glanced at Acey, looked away, then looked again after realizing I was sitting with him. She walked over, and I gulped hard.
"Wow Elaine...We just broke up and you're already with someone else?" She said, clearly angry.
"No, it's not what it looks like..." I said. Acey put his hand up.
"Elaine, you don't have to lie." Acey turned to Lauren.
" You broke up with her. So why can't she go out on a date with the lead singer of her favorite band?" He then turned back to me.
Date. He said we're on a date. My heart began to beat faster and faster.
"Well, well....fuck you Elaine!" Laura screamed, hurt.
"You broke up with me," I calmly said back. She didn't know what to say to that. I saw tears streaming down her face when she walked away, leaving Acey and I alone once again.
"Well then..." Acey said, eyebrows raised.
"Yeah...screw her. We're on our date here, right?" I said, hoping I didn't creep him out. He let out a small laugh.
"Yes, we're on our date," he said, leaning over the table and planting a small kiss on my lips.
We finished out coffee, as he walked me home. Once we reached my apartment building, Acey took my hands.
"I had a wonderful time tonight Elaine, and I'd like to see you again," he said in his sweet voice.
"I'd like to see you again, too," I replied. He brought me in closer and gave me a kiss. We both pulled away and hugged.
"I have to get back to the bar to meet the band. I'll call you whenever I can, okay? And I promise, I'll be back soon...to see you," Acey said, smiling. I nodded.
"Goodbye, my sweet Elaine," he whispered.
"Goodbye, my darling Acey." I walked up the steps to my place, and flopped down on my couch. I looked at my phone and saw I had 7 missed calls from Lauren. I smiled. If anybody was going to make me forget her, it's Acey.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw yay for happy endings woo