Snowy Dance

My first snow

When I saw the snow for the first time I didn't know what it was. I had gotten out of bed to watch the snow fall lightly as if it were afraid of where it might land. It was beautiful. I wanted to go out and play in it but there was no way I could. My mommy told me that I wasn't supposed to go outside without her permission. So sat and watched until I grew sleepy and climbed back into bed.
The next morning the snow was everywhere. It covered everything, stumbling out into it I found it was cold! What was it?!
"Cee Cee come back in here." My mother called through the open door.
"Mommy what is it?!' I asked running through the snow back to her.
"The snow?" She asked brushing some of it off my head.
"What's snow?"
"It's a present from the fairies, every year they make it snow so all the good girls and boys can play." She said pulling me over to the fireplace.
"I wanna play in it!" I shouted.
"Maybe later first we have to study."
I didn't want to study I wanted to go out and play in the snow. But instead she made me run through all my runes again to make sure I remembered them. Then we went over summoning spells until I conjured up my beast every time. We worked all day and in the end she didn't let me go outside and play. I was really upset when she came to tuck me in that night.
"Sorry dear, we'll go play in it tomorrow." She promised kissing me on the head before leaving.
I pouted as she turned off the light, but after she was gone I crawled out of bed and headed for my window. I had a pair of shoes tucked away in my toy chest that I could use when I wanted to. slipping them onto my feet I pressed the buckle then reached up and unlocked the latch. Cold wind blew through making me shiver. Climbing up onto the sill I looked down then jumped. I landed in a bank of snow that scattered snowflakes into the air the moment I landed. It was wonderful.
"This is amazing!" I shouted running around in the snow until I was tired, " I bet Tony would like to play too."
I summoned him and for the rest of the night we played outside. It was the most fun I'd ever had. Sometimes around midnight it started to snow again. I twirled around letting the flakes fall on my hair, it was magical. Tony caught some on his tongue then piked me up so that I was closer to the sky. I knew mommy knew I was out there. But when she didn't call for me to come back to the house I was happy. I could call up monsters, I could make flames appear in the chimney. But this was the real magic and she knew that. And she let me play in it all night long.