Pregnant By The Player

Nick's fist flew forward, connecting with Easton's jaw in a painfully loud crack. I gasped, covering my mouth with my hand. The hallway full of students turn, watching as Easton stumbled back, clutching his jaw. It was safe to say that their friendship was over.

“My sister, dude?!” Nick shouted, his fists balled up. I expected Easton to hit him back, but he did nothing. Just held his face and looked at my brother. I was frozen in place, stuck between my brother, and worrying about Easton's jaw.

Easton...The father of my baby.

“Bro, it's not like that-” Easton began.

“It's not like that?” Nick bellowed. “She's pregnant, you asshole!”

My jaw dropped as my brother unintentionally shouted that to the entire school. My face turned a deep, beet red. Everyone turned their attention to me, and the whispers started. This wasn't how I wanted everyone to found out. This certainly wasn't how I wanted Easton to find out.

I stood behind Nick, my eyes filling with tears. Easton leaned to the side, looking past my brother at me.

“Kennedy?”

Biting my lip, I pushed away the tears forming. I didn't want to do this here, but I didn't really have much of a choice.

“Are you?” Easton asked.

I nodded, letting the tears fall.

“Yeah. I'm pregnant.”

I took a deep breath, waiting for his response. I was sixteen years old, and pregnant. In the span of the last couple of days, my world as I knew it was shook up. If Easton walked away, it would crumble.

Wouldn't that just be the icing on the cake?