Status: Um, new? Let's see how this pans out.

Truly, Madly, Deeply

Douze

I woke up the next morning and I could feel Harry in his t-shirt and unders radiating next to me. Before reaching over to feel for my glasses, I rubbed my eyes for a good solid minute. I stared at the ceiling for a bit before I shook Harry awake. He groaned as I pushed his dead-weight body around on my bed.
“Wake up, my dear Harold.”
“Bleh, what time is it?”
“It’s ten o’clock.”
“Ugh, okay. I’ve got to get back home; we’ve got lunch with some people to talk about the movie.” He said with his face still dug into my pillow.
“Well, get up then.” I told him, ripping the covers from his body. He groaned unhappily. “When I get back from the bathroom, you’d better be up.” He groaned again. I used the bathroom quickly and returned to see him still there. “If you don’t get up, I’m having my mum come up here.”
“Shit.” He said before reluctantly rising from the bed. “Your bed’s so comfortable though.”
“I know, I love it.” I smiled and he made a face. Harry put his clothes on and followed me down the stairs, carrying the popcorn bowl and wine glasses from the night before.
“Good morning, Harold.” My mum said from the couch.
“Morning!” he smiled. He placed the bowl and glasses in the sink before I pulled him in for a hug.
“Don’t forget you owe me a new bottle of Moscato.” I reminded him. “Now get home and shower before your meeting!” I said, pushing him out of the door.
I sat on the couch with my mum and my laptop for a majority of the day. Well, until it was time for my date with Noah anyway. I’d been sitting for about seven hours when I decided I needed to shower. I got dressed and did my hair, waiting for Noah’s notice. Sitting on the couch once more with my mum, she told me that I looked nice and asked what I had planned for the evening. I told her that I had a date with Noah and she got excited and eager, asking if she’d get to meet him. I told her not tonight, but probably sometime fairly soon. Just as I kicked my feet up on the coffee table, my mobile began ringing.
“Hiiiiiii.”
Hello, lovely.” I smiled.
“What’s up?”
Well, I’m getting ready to leave my house, sooo I need your address.
“And you called for my address?”
Is there something wrong with that?
“I just feel like it would’ve been a lot easier for you to have just texted me for that.” I chuckled.
Well, maybe I just wanted to hear your voice.
“Maybe?”
So what if I did? Don’t make a big deal about it.
“Alright, alright. I’ll send it to you now.”
Okay! See you in about half hour or so.
“Bye!” I shot him a quick text with my address included and waited impatiently for his arrival. Forty-five minutes later Noah called to tell me that he was here. I grabbed a coat and my handbag before heading out the door. He stood there, leaning against his car, looking as gorgeous as ever and I could honestly say that I had gotten butterflies. We hadn’t really been “dating” for that long, but I guess time didn’t really matter; you can’t help how quickly you fall for someone. I approached him and he pulled me into a tight hug and as I pulled back, he cupped my face gently and kissed my lips.
“Is it bad if I say that I kind of missed you?” he asked me, lips still close enough to kiss again, so I did.
“Nah, I kind of missed you too.” He kissed me again.
“Good.” And we both smiled into another kiss. “Alright! Let’s go.” He said, opening the door for me. We drove to an old style movie theatre and ordered popcorn and drinks. We ended up seeing some foreign film, but luckily, Noah and I both knew French for the most part. We walked out of the theatre once it was over and threw our trash away, Noah entwining our fingers eagerly. I asked him if he had anything else planned and told me we could get ice cream, which I obviously wasn’t going to turn down. As I told the woman dipping ice cream what I wanted, my phone vibrated. Noah paid and we sat down at a table. Checking my phone, I realized that the text was from Harry.
HOW’S YOUR DATE, ASSHOLE?
McKenna:
WHOA DER. Why am I an asshole for going out on a date?
Harry:
Nah, you’re not. I just kinda wanted to call you an asshole.
McKenna:
Well, that sounds a little rude.
Harry:
You didn’t answer me on how your date’s going.
McKenna:
It’s going very well so far, asshole. I’ll text you when it’s over! Xx
Harry:
Tell that wanker I said hello! Teehee

I put my phone away and went back to focusing on my date with Noah. After we finished our ice cream, we drove to a place where there weren’t a lot of lights and it wasn’t very cloudy so that we could look at the stars. He pulled a blanket from the trunk of his car and covered us both up.
“How’s this date so far?” he asked after some silence.
“Just as fantastic as all the others.” I smiled.
“What date is this?”
“I believe we’re at six or seven.”
“Yeah? Six or seven. Hm.”
“Hm, what?”
“Nothing, that’s just a good number.”
“Oh, is it?”
“It is.” He said as I looked up at him. He met my eyes and brought his face closer, connecting our lips for a slow kiss.
“What are you doing tomorrow evening?”
“I’m not sure, probably nothing, why?”
“How would you feel about dinner at mine?”
“Dinner? At yours? Would your parents be included?”
“And my little sister, yes.”
“Hm…” he closed his eyes and leaned his head back. “I think my schedule just got quite cluttered.” He said, peeking one eye open.
“Seriously?!” I said, hitting his chest lightly.
“I’m kidding! I’d love to meet your family.” He wrapped his arms around me tightly. “Now let’s get you home so that I come off as a right gentleman before I meet them tomorrow.”
“A gentleman that brings a lady home before midnight?”
“At least I’m not keeping you out till the wee hours of the morning!”
“Very true.” I replied. He got up from the car and helped me down, covering me in the blanket.
We got to my house and sat in his car for a bit more just talking. And then he walked me to my door. I told him to text me when he got home so that I wouldn’t have to worry my head off about it.
“I like you.” He said as he kissed me lightly.
“I like you too.” I smiled. And that’s when I knew. I knew that though it had only been a short amount of time, I was falling massively hard for Noah Jacob Roberts. We hugged once more and kissed as well. After that we began saying “I like you” to each other almost in place of “I love you” because we knew it definitely wasn’t time for that.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I’d been searching for something nice to wear for dinner for nearly an hour or so. My parents were excited and so was Stella, but I was incredibly nervous. After I realized I wasn’t getting very far with my wardrobe, I decided on an over-size sweater, leggings, and boots. My hair had already been curled and a bit of makeup had been thrown on before I went downstairs and waited for Noah’s arrival. My dad mocked me mercilessly because of how nervous I was, but honestly, not counting Noah, only two other guys have been invited to dinner with my family.
Noah knocked on the door and I ran to it, having to race Stella to get there.
“Hi.” I said, opening the door, practically out of breath.
“Hello.” He smiled.
“Well, since she’s here, this is Stella.” I nudged the seven-year-old.
“Hi.” She said quickly, waving, and ran to the kitchen. Noah hugged me, pressing his lips to me lightly before I showed him the way to the kitchen. I introduced him to my parents and of course my dad made corny jokes about absolutely nothing, but that’s just how he was.
Halfway through dinner, and amongst our laughter and chatter, someone walked through the front door.
“Okay, I know I’m here without warning, but I figured while I’m here, why not?“ Harry’s voice rang through the house and my eyes went wide. I got up from my seat and ran to meet him before he came through the entry.
“What are you doing here?”
“Just stopped in, is there a problem?” he looked confused.
“I mean, not really, but now’s not a good time.”
“And why’s that?”
“Harry!” Stella yelled from the table.
“Someone needs me!” he said and escaped passed me. Shit. I mumbled to myself. “Stell-Belle!” he yelled entering the dining room. My parents happily said hello to him and I assumed I’d have to introduce them now.
“Oh.” Harry said quietly after looking around finally.
“Harry, this is Noah. Noah, this is Harry.” Harry shot a fake smile to Noah and the two shook hands awkwardly. Harry put a hand on my lower back and whispered in my ear:
“I wasn’t expecting to meet the wanker today; sorry to interrupt.” Noah looked a tad uncomfortable so I announced that I was going to walk Harry out.
“Harry’s actually got somewhere to be, he just wanted to stop by for a bit, right Harry?”
“Uh, right.” He nodded.
“Say goodbye everyone.” And they did. I walked him to the door and told him I’d text him later, sharing a hug and exchanging a kiss on the cheek. The remainder of dinner went incredibly well, and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. After watching TV with my family for about an hour, it approached Stella’s bedtime, it was also time for Noah to head home. He said goodbye to my family and I walked him to the front door, stepping outside.
“So, did you enjoy yourself?”
“I did; your family’s great.”
“Oh, well thank you. I’m sure they’d appreciate that.” He chuckled. “You do know that there’s one part of the family that you haven’t met yet, right?”
“What?”
“Yep, there’s one more of us.”
“Oh lord.”
“Not to mention, it’s another girl.”
“There are three girls?!”
“Indubitably.” He furrowed his brows.
“Hm, what’s her name?”
“Aria.”
“Where does she fit in?”
“Middle child syndrome.”
“Sooo, there’s McKenna, Aria, and Stella?”
“Good job!”
“Thank you, thank you. Where’s she?” I explained her situation and why she was where she was. “Well, I hope to get to meet her too.” He smiled. I kissed him goodnight and he walked to his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't even know what this is, really. Like, I just don't.
I've been writing a lot more on this story with later chapters, which is good and hopefully I'll be updating more. I'm going to try to get out quite a bit of chapters while I'm on spring break and have nothing to do.
Yeeeee.
Send me love. Xx