Status: Um, new? Let's see how this pans out.

Truly, Madly, Deeply

Quatre

Amy ended up being free, which would definitely spark rumors throughout the tabloids, but Niall didn’t care. Besides, management told them to bring dates; they didn’t necessarily specify whom. Apparently it was a rather fancy charity event, so I went out with the girls to shop for our dresses. After we each picked one that we absolutely adored, we went to my dorm in order to get my makeup and hair products before going to Danielle’s flat. I started on my makeup, going with something subtle, since I’ve never been one for dramatic makeup. We had practically set up stations throughout Danielle’s flat in order to have the five of us be ready in a timely manner. I slipped into my dress and heels, and looked into the mirror.

We were sitting around, sipping on wine and waiting for the men to arrive. We five had gotten through one bottle when there was a knock on the door. Dani opened it to see Paul standing there.

“Are you ladies ready?” he asked us, to which we all replied yes. I got up from my place on the couch, grabbed my clutch, and walked out of the door. We stepped into the huge SUV to find five waiting boys.

“Ow ow!” I heard Liam say as he kissed Danielle. I watched the three boys kiss their beloved girlfriends hello.

“McKenna.” Harry said as I sat down next to him.

“Harold.” I smirked.

“Is that new?” he said, pointing to my dress.

“This old thing? Yes. I got it four hours ago.”

“Well, you look very nice.” He said, kissing my forehead.

“Thank ya, babe.”

The SUV pulled up to the venue and there were camera flashes and celebrities everywhere. Niall and Amy got out of the car first, girlish shrieks coming from every realm of the world. Harry and I were next. He hopped out casually as I tried to do the same without my pants showing to the world. Harry held out his hand for me to use as leverage. He held out his arm and I looped it with my own as we waited for the three couples to exit the vehicle. Taking photos everywhere some including the ladies and some just the lads, there were cameras no matter where you turned. We walked over for the boys to do a quick interview with some magazine.

“Harry, who is the lovely lady on your arm this evening?” The woman asked my friend.

“This is my very best mate.” He responded with a big smile.

“Your mate?” she inquired. “Is that all?”

“That is all. We’ve been best mates for seven years now, rolling on eight.”

“Is he accurate?” she then asked me.

“Oh, without a doubt. He’s good with dates.” I gushed.

“We’ve seen you in the tabloids with Harry before, yeah?”

“Well, I’m sure paparazzi’s caught a few glimpses of me before.”

“What can you expect with a mate like Harry?”

“Oh, nothing more than what I get. But it’s all worth it. I wouldn’t lose my friendship with him for anything and I wouldn’t ask him to change his dreams for anything.” I looked at Harry as he gawked at me.

“You’d better keep this one around, Harold; you’re not gonna find another tried and true mate like her in this industry.” She smiled.

“I wouldn’t ever let her go.” I stuck my tongue out at him and he scrunched up his nose.

“Well, I can see you’ve got to get inside, but thank you for your time, Harry.”

“You’re quite welcome.” He said as we walked into the venue. “I think you’re getting a little too good at this whole interview thing.” He joked.

“Ha, you’re funny. You know how I am in front of crowds, let alone on camera. Yikes, it’s a struggle.” He laughed at me. We sat down at the table reserved for One Direction and thankfully there were just the right number of seats.

The evening consisted of donating money, different musical performances, and speakers. And then it was time for the boys to hit the stage, though none of us ladies were expecting it. There were five stools set onto the stage, which meant that they’d probably be doing Little Things. The boys sat down on their stools and the guitar started playing. The boys were honestly so terrible when it came to trying to be serious and keep their composure once on stage, unless it was a big show. We all sang along and then the beginning of one of my favorite songs from the new album started playing, Kiss You, and the boys got up from their stools. Everyone in the crowd danced and enjoyed the music.

After the song, the boys made their way back to our table. We enjoyed a few more acts, drank a few more drinks, and took a few more pictures for the charity before heading out. The night was still young so we knew we’d have to do something before the night was over. We decided that going out for drinks and dancing would be the most fun. We made different stops in order for everyone to get changed and ready for a night out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got a rec! I'm so excited about that, actually. Also, thank you so much to the two people that have commented so far. And subscribers, thank you as well! I would love more comments, more feedback, in comparison to readers and subscribers. Please and thank ya!

Eh, this chapter's pretty short, buuut oh well.

Oh, and as graciously as ever, my links still aren't working and I'm still attempting to figure out the font for writing these and whatnot. Weeee. Quality.