Status: Um, new? Let's see how this pans out.

Truly, Madly, Deeply

Sept

It was Wednesday and I was supposed to go out with Noah here soon. He had asked if a simple dinner date was fine with me and of course I told him it’d be perfect. I wore a simple dress and a pair of my favorite wedges. It was six o’clock when I got a text from him saying that he was outside, I grabbed my coat and handbag, as I headed out of my room. Noah’s car sat just outside of my building and I slid into the passenger side with ease.

“You look nice.” He said as I reached over to kiss his cheek.

“Why, thank you.” We chatted a bit on the drive until we finally pulled up to the restaurant after twenty minutes. We were sat at a booth somewhat near the window with a candle in the middle of the table. “Well, if this isn’t precious, I don’t know what is.” I smiled.

“I’m trying for you, okay?” he chuckled, which automatically made me chuckle. The waiter came to our table asking what we’d like for drinks.

“Are we keeping it classy this evening?” I joked.

“Let’s try.” I ordered a glass of wine and Noah followed suit. We talked about what we both were studying in school and how things had been going, especially with it being finals week. “So, you’re accent’s a little odd; mind if I ask where you’re from?” he furrowed his brows at the end of his statement.

“I had a feeling this question might come up.” I said after taking a sip of my wine. “I’m actually from the states. I lived there up until I was ten, in Ohio, and then my dad got a job offer overseas; of course he took it. We ended up in Holmes Chapel, within Cheshire. I’ve only lived here for about eight years or so, but even when I lived in the states, I would always fake a British accent and wanted to live in England, so it kind of worked out perfectly. I guess with me already pretending to have an accent, it may have been easier for me to gain one.”

“I see. Wait, how old are you again?” he asked.

“Will I scare you off?”

“That sounds like I may not like your answer.” I scrunched my nose.

“I’m eighteen, I’ll be nineteen in April.”

“Oh.”

“Stop it. How old are you again?”

“Twenty.”

“Okay, then calm down. That’s really not bad at all; it's two years. No giving me shit.”

“I guess.” He raised his brows at me, causing me to throw my napkin across the table at him. “I’m kidding, I’m kidding!” he laughed.

“Better be.”
We enjoyed our dinner and dessert before leaving the restaurant. As we stepped out of the door, there were a few cameras flashing in the darkness.

“How does Harry feel about you dating?” One of the men asked. I told Noah to just ignore them as I walked behind him to his car. They were jolting questions at me from every direction and normally the only time that I ever had to deal with things like this was with Harry or any of the other guys. Luckily, there were only a few, so it wasn’t too terribly bad or overwhelming and after walking a few more feet, they were no longer interested in us.

“Is there something you need to tell me?” he asked once in the confines of his car.

“Like what?”

“Um, who’s Harry and why are men with cameras taking pictures of you?”

“Oh, that, right. Harry’s my best friend, the one from the bar the other night, has been for seven years.”

“Oh, the one that’s not all that fond of me.”

“You remember him.” I smiled.

“But why are people taking pictures of you?”

“You didn’t recognize him? Or any of the people that I was with that night?”

“No… should I?” he looked confused.

“Harry’s a part of One Direction.”

“Shit.”

“Kind of. That night I was with him the rest of the guys and their gals.”

“So, you’ve got famous friends.”

“That I do.”

“Well, that doesn’t change you and the way that I feel about you.” He said, holding my hand, causing me to smile. We drove back to campus talking about random things. Noah pulled into a parking space and turned the car off.

“Are ya gonna walk me to the side door?” I asked sensually, making him laugh a little.

“Without a doubt.” We got out and held hands as he walked me to the door. “I had a really good time with you, McKenna. I mean, you know, aside from the men with cameras and whatnot.” I blushed and put my head down.

“I had a lot of fun with you too, Noah.”

“Am I allowed to kiss you on the first date?” he asked, rather close to my face already; I could feel his warm breath on my lips.

“I wouldn’t object.” I smiled. He smiled and moved closer, connecting our lips. Our lips moved together gracefully, sending a bit of goose bumps over my body.

“Can we do this again sometime?” he asked as we pulled apart.

“Kiss?” he laughed and I giggled.

“Another date.”

“That we can.” I smiled. “Now kiss me once more before you must be off.” I ordered. Noah leaned in once more and kissed me sweetly. “Text me when you make it home, yeah?” he agreed and walked off to his car, almost pulling me with him. I walked to my door and made my way inside and then got a text. The name Harry Styles with a cat emoji next to it popped up. I unlocked my phone to read the message.

Harry Styles:
Have any finals tomorrow?

McKenna Lewis:
I do not.

Harry:
What do you say to The Inbetweeners and Love Actually?

McKenna:
On my way! Xx

Harry:
Yaaay! Hurry hurry hurry! Xx
Thankfully I hadn’t even sat down yet before I was out the door once again.

I pulled up to Harry’s flat and got out, walking to the door. Opening the door, Harry lay sprawled out on the couch, seeming completely content in his trousers and loose t-shirt.

“Well, you didn’t have to get all dolled up for me.” He said as I walked toward the couch, bending down to give him a hug.

“That’s obviously what I did.” I said, rather monotonously.

“Oh, you had your date tonight, huh?”

“I did.”

“How’d it go?”

“Not a wanker.” I said positively.

“Well, shit.” He snapped his fingers.

“We had a nice dinner. Even though paparazzi decided to care about me tonight of all nights. I think it
may have freaked him out a bit, but he seemed alright.”

“Hm, weird. That’s what you get for having me as a best mate.”

“Eh, I can handle it; there weren’t that many.” I sat back. “Oh, and he didn’t realize who you were the
other night, so that may have freaked him out a little as well.”

“The famous bestie always gets them.” He evilly laughed.

“Oh, shut it. It was fine.”

“Kiss on the first date?”

“Shhhh.”

“Whore!”

“Harold!”

“I’m kidding, Mickey, you know you’re not a whore.” He said, getting up to get a bottle of champagne and two glasses before starting the movie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this chapter's short too. But honestly, when I first started writing this, I wasn't planning on uploading it Mibba, so I didn't care how long or short the chapters were because I was the only one reading them. Ya see, I started writing this like, a month or so ago, so I have most of the chapters already written, but I am still adding as I go.

But any who! Comments, please please please!
I think I'll add another chapter tomorrow.
Ps. The chapter that I actually just wrote is suuuper long in comparison to all of these, teehee.