Status: Um, new? Let's see how this pans out.

Truly, Madly, Deeply

Huit

I woke up the next morning in Harry’s guest room, wearing a pair of his joggers and a t-shirt. I walked to Harry’s room to see that he was still soundly sleeping. Making my way to the living area, I grabbed his laptop, signing onto my account. I opened Sugarscape.com and after scrolling for a bit, I saw my name on the front page. “What the fuck?” I whispered. The headline read:

What Would Harry Styles Think of His Lady-Friend Going on a Date with another Man?” and there was a picture of Noah and I leaving the restaurant. I clicked on the link and got redirected to another page. The page said:

"Last night, we caught a glimpse of Harry Styles’ ‘best mate’ McKenna Lewis on a date with an unknown sex God. Who he is, nobody knows, but we’d all like to, and much more. You’ve seen Ms. Lewis out and about with the One Directioner and the rest of the gang on numerous occasions. She also seems to be a good mate of fellow One Directioner, Zayn Malik’s girlfriend, Perrie Edwards, of Little Mix.” Insert a candid picture of Harry and I from a few months ago and also one of Perrie and I, another from the recent charity event, not to mention one of Noah and I at dinner last night, one that I didn’t even know they had taken. “But are they really just friends? Sources close to the pair say yes, but we tend to think otherwise. They’re always so close and cozy when we spot them. Haven’t you seen the glimmer in both of their eyes; it shines so bright. After McKenna’s date with the mystery sex God, we got another picture of her inside of her car at a stoplight just blocks from young Style’s flat. So after her date was she headed for a nightcap with the boy bander? We never saw her after the stoplight; you all be the judge.” I reached for my mobile and sent a text to Noah, explaining the entire situation. He claimed to be okay with it and didn’t think I’d do that anyway.
I ran to Harry’s room and jumped on his bed, attempting not to land on him. I began screaming his name and he finally started to move a bit. He made a rather unfortunate noise before literally rolling out of bed.

“There’s trouble.” I told him as I landed on the bed.

“Uh oh.”

“I got posted on Sugarscape.” His jaw dropped.

“What?! Really?!”

“Yes.” And that’s when he noticed the unhappiness in my voice.

“What’d they post about?”

“The headline was ‘What Would Harry Styles Think of His Lady-Friend Going on a Date with another
Man?’” and he burst out laughing. “It’s not funny!”

“Only a tad. Let me read the article.” He kept a straight face as he read the web page. Once he made it to the end, he decided it was the most hysterical thing ever.

“Again, not funny!”

“Okay, some of it no, but certain parts. I’m telling you, the lads at Sugarscape are too clever.”

“It’s only funny when it’s not about me. Unless they’re doing some bullshit backstory on you, that’s when I don’t mind.”

“What about the part where they said, ‘unknown sex God’; we all know he’s not that attractive.” I kept a straight face. “Oh wait, what about the part where they talked about the glimmer in our eyes and how it shines so bright. That was a good one.” My face still didn’t change its shape. “They got good pictures of us though.” He smiled.

“That’s the only good part are the pictures of us. I don’t even know what to do about this. I don’t want to be known as some slag. That’s not me, Harry.”

“I know, McKenna. No one’s insinuating that you’re a slag.” He said, kindly.

“Of course you’d say that.”

“It’ll fade away. Nobody cares about you that much.” He said, getting up from the bed.

“Oh, okay, asshole.” I said as my friend left the room. He started brewing a pot of coffee when I told him that I needed to do a bit of studying.

“Did you bring your materials?”

“I did.”

“Then study here! You don’t have to leave just yet.” I squinted my eyes at him before giving in.

Grabbing my bag from the room, I sat down on the couch and began studying for my last exam of the week. Harry sat down next to me and decided to attempt to quiz me on my philosophy knowledge. Half way through the questions, he said,

“Ugh, studying is bloody awful.”

“Imagine if you actually had to study.” I returned.

“Thank goodness I have a good voice and striking good looks.”

“Shut up.” Even though we both know that he’s very good with academics, considering he wanted to go to university to become a lawyer. Harry disappeared into his room and came back minutes later. Thirty minutes later, there was a knock on the door. He got up from his place on the couch and answered the door, wallet in hand. Thanking the man at the door and walking back with two bags of food, I realized he’d ordered my favorite Thai options. I squealed with excitement as he sat the bags down in front of me on the table and I moved my study materials aside. Turning the tele on, we decided to watch the most awful thing that we could find, and to be honest; I didn’t even catch the name of it.

After the meal, I figured it was probably time for me to get back to my dorm and do some actual studying. So I gathered my things and told Harry that I’d talk to him later. I arrived to my room and there Charlie was, studying for a final that she had later on.

“So, how was your date last night?” she asked, raising her brows at me.

“It went really well. I think I might actually like him, which is odd considering I met him at a bar.” I laughed.

“Doesn’t matter where you meet, just how you get along.” I nodded in agreement.

“Oh, and unfortunately I got put on Sugarscape.” I added.

“Wait, what?” she logged onto the Internet and made her way to the website, finding the article immediately. “Whoa.” She simply said.

“Uh, yeah.”

“So, what’d Noah have to say about the cameras and whatnot?”

“Apparently, he didn’t recognize Harry or the other guys at the club when we first met, so he was way confused at first.” I explained. “But Harry said that this will probably blow over in no time, considering I don’t exactly do much of anything.” Just as I sat down at my desk, my phone buzzed at me, telling me that I’d gotten a text. The name on the screen read, “Noah Roberts” . I unlocked the phone and read the message quickly.

Hey you. Figured I hadn’t talked to you since this morning when you hit me with the rough news. How are you? I smiled.

McKenna:
I’m okay. Just doing some final studying before my last exam tomorrow afternoon. How about yourself?

Noah:
Fairly well, bored out of my mind though. Was hoping you could take some time out of your schedule to maybe get some ice cream or something?

McKenna:
Hm, I don’t see why not. When were you thinking?
he told me probably an hour and I said that’d be fine.

We went to an old-fashioned ice cream shop and sat as we ate our ice cream. We talked more about my friendship with Harry and how it came about and what it was like being friends with him. And then I told him that as much as I enjoy raving about my best friend, I no longer wanted to talk about him, insisting that he tell me more about himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, goodness.
I know it's been forever since I've done an update for this story, but there are two things. 1) I wasn't really get much feedback on this, so I wasn't sure if anyone would actually notice this missing on the updates. And 2) I've been so incredibly swamped with school. Like, college is no joke. But yeah.
I'm trying to write more chapters for this, starting now because I have nothing to do last minute.
Sooo, feedback on this chapter! The beginning is pretty enticing, but the rest is more of a filler, haha.
Xx

p.s. FIXED IT! Thanks to Carpe Diem ! Who's one of my favorite writers here on Mibba, if you haven't yet which I'm sure everyone has, read her stories!