Another Love You'll Hold

Quatre of cinq

The next day I decided to call Dakota. She asked me if I could come over her house. I said sure, and I drove there. When I got to her house, her, I'm guessing, older brother answered the door. He looked confused to why I was here.

"Can I help you?" he asked.

"Hi, I'm Munro. A friend of Dakota's. She invited me over," I said.

"Oh, alright. She's in her room. Go down this hall, second door on the left," he said.

"Thanks," I said. I went to where he told me and knocked on the door. She called me in, and when I got inside, she was sitting at the edge of her bed.

"Can we go to the park?" was the only thing she said. The next thing I knew, we were there. She didn't look at me the whole way there. She kept her head down. Looking at her feet. When we got to the park, we went over to the swings and sat on them.

"I broke up with Brett," she said. "He came over. I told him I was breaking up with him, and he started beating me. Luckily, my brother walked in in the middle of it and kicked his ass."

She looked at me. She had a black eye, busted lip, and bruised arms. I saw her, and I wanted to kill Brett. He broke her. She came over to me. I noticed that even with a black eye, her eye were a dazzling emerald-green. Light freckles dusted her nose.

"Dakota, you deserve so much better than him. You're perfect. You're everything a guy could want. A guy like me. He shouldn't have abused you like he did. You didn't deserve it. I would never hurt you like that. I love you too much to-" I rambled. I could see a smile creeping onto her face.

She interrupted. "Munro...are you trying tell me you love me?"

"Ye-um...y-yes...yeah," I stuttered. I started blushing like an idiot. "Dakota, I love you. I've loved you since freshman year."

Without saying anything, she stood up. I knew I blew it. She didn't feel the same way. I humiliated myself. I stood up too. She walked over to me and softly and quickly kissed me. My heart started racing. She looked at me and bit her lip. She was about to walk away, when I kissed her. It was long and passionate. She put her hands around my neck, and I wrapped my arms around her waist. We pulled away, resting our foreheads on each others.

"I love you too," she whispered. I smiled. We kissed again. This time, it was longer. I now had the girl I loved for so long. She was mine. I was hers. I knew that this was going to be the start of something beautiful.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter. Hope you like this short one.
Comment and recommend pretty please and thank you.
~Emmaline