Another Love You'll Hold

Cinq of cinq

Two years later, Dakota and me are still together. This year is our senior year of high school. We plan to make it the best year ever. But lately, Dakota has been acting a little weird. So she asked me to come over her house. She said we needed to talk. When I got to her house, her brother let me in. I said hi to her mom and him, and they both looked angry. I went into her room, and she was sitting on her bed. I sat down next to her and put my arm around her. She put her head on my shoulder.

"Munro, we need to talk," she said, her voice soft.

"Okay. What about?" I asked. She looked up at me.

"Um...remember the other week when we..." her voice shook. She didn't finish her sentence. I knew what she was going to say. My heart started beating faster and faster.

"Yeah," I said, my voice cracked.

"Well...I...I'm pregnant," she said. The memory of that night flooded my mind. I looked around her room. She had tons of Spring Awakening posters on her wall.

"Wh-what? You're pregnant. I-is it mine?" I asked.

Tears started flowing down her face. "Yes," she said, "Who else's would it be?"

"You're pregnant. For real?" I mentally slapped myself.

"Yes," she said.

"Does anyone else know?" I asked.

"I told my mom and brother. She made and appointment for me for tonight," she told me.

"Oh my god..." I said. On the inside, I was freaking out. On the outside, I was frozen.

Image

"I'll text you when it's done," said Dakota. She was on her way to the doctors. I was at home. We were talking on the phone.

"Okay," I said, "I love you."

"I love you too."

We hung up the phone. I lay back on my bed, praying that everything will be alright with the baby.

Image

I waited, and waited, and waited. Dakota never texted me. I figured her mom didn't want me to have anything to do with the baby. My parents weren't too happy about it. They said adoption was the best option. I'm willing to support Dakota in whatever she wants to do with the baby.

Image

For the next week, she didn't show up to school. I texted her several times and she never once responded. I was heartbroken. So one day, I asked her best friend what was up.

"Hey, Kara, have you talked to Dakota lately?" I asked. Tears started forming in her eyes.

"So you haven't heard," she said.

I looked at her, confused. She told me everything. When she was done, I wanted to die. This couldn't't be happening. She gave me an address, and directly after school, I drove there to see if she was correct. And she was.

There I stood, in front of a gravestone.

"Here lies Dakota Dixon. She died so young. May she rest with God," it read.

I collapsed on the ground, losing it. I bawled. Not only did the girl I love die, but so did my child.

Kara told me that when her mom found out she was pregnant, she set up a doctors appointment. There, it was confirmed. Her mother then drove her to an abortion clinic, where she died in the procedure.

I drove home. There, I cried an cried, and cried. I told my parents everything then went up to my room. I got there, and I looked at a picture of us from our junior prom. I reached into my drawer, and pulled out a bottle of pills.

I opened the bottle and put twelve pills in my hand. I was just about to put them in my mouth, when something stopped me. I swear to god, it was someone closing my fist and pushing my hand away from my mouth. It was a sign of Dakota. She was telling me not to commit suicide, but to continue my life.

I put the pills back in the bottle, and went to my laptop. I went onto YouTube and put on Dakota's favorite song from Spring Awakening, Those You've Known. I decided I'd be like Melchior, and live the rest of my life, with her in my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end. Hope you liked this little story of mine.
Comment and recommend pretty please and thank you.
~Emmaline