Status: In progress!

Fool Everyone

Chapter One

I knew it wasn’t going to be a good day when I woke up to the sound of two of the five boys yelling about something that I had no idea about. Quite honestly, I’m 99 percent sure that the matter at hand was nothing to be screaming about, but hey, what did I know? I sat up in the seat, rubbing my eyes and yawning.

“What are you idiots yelling about?”, I asked in an annoyed voice, moving aside my blanket.

“Well, I see sleeping beauty is awake. Good morning, sunshine!” Justin laughed from the driver’s seat and I glared at him.

“Shove it, Richards,” I muttered. I was not in the mood for anyone’s comments this morning after being woken up so rudely.

My brother leaned over from the passenger’s seat and handed me his phone. “Please call your boyfriend back…he’s been blowing up my phone for the past hour,” Eric said and I sighed.

“He’s not my boyfriend…,” I trailed off, groaning.

“Well obviously he doesn’t get that.” Eric shrugged and I threw his phone back to him.

“Oh hell no! Don’t you dare avoid it, Allison! I’m tired of the fucker texting me asking what the hell you’re doing! Tell him to get over you!”

“You think I haven’t, Eric? I broke up with him! I told him plainly it was over!,” I replied wildly, getting entirely too worked up over the situation, but it was pissing me off, plus it was too early for this.

“You apparently didn’t make it clear enough,” My brother mumbled and I sighed loudly.

I suppose I should rewind and start from the very beginning. My name’s Allison, Allison Halvorsen, but call me Allie. My brother is Eric from A Rocket to the Moon…or Halvo. Whatever you wanna call him. I’m 21, so obviously I’m the baby sister, which really sucks because my brother is entirely too overprotective, which is the reason why I’m currently on tour with them. A few days before, I caught my boyfriend, Ryan, cheating on me with his ex. I immediately broke it off with him, called him out on his shit, but he said he’d done nothing wrong. However, I wasn’t stupid. This had happened to me before. Ever since the break up, he kept trying to contact me through every person we knew mutually, which is why Eric made me go on tour with him. While he claimed they had needed help selling merch, I knew it was basically a ploy for him to keep a watchful eye on me, but I didn’t push the situation. I knew it was probably for the best. I looked around and sighed. Tour life sure was fun. Not. So far, I had only seen the boys, the nasty ass floor, and about a dozen gas stations since I flew out to meet them in Nashville the night before. I kicked aside a Chipotle cup and stood up as best I could in the moving vehicle and looked under the seat for my phone.

“You guys seen my phone?,” I asked. No reply. “Good thing I asked…,” I trailed off to no one in particular and I heard a sleepy sounding laugh from the next row over and I jumped a little, leaning up and hitting my head under the seat.

“Ow…,” I grumbled, rubbing my head.

“I scared you? I’m sorry!,” Nick apologized, looking around the corner of the seat at me, laughing again.

“It’s fine…I’m just jumpy…”

“And don’t feel bad, they ignore me too most of the time…you know how your brother is,” he pointed out and I nodded, knowing he was exactly right. He’s usually off in another world.

“Did I wake you up? If I did, I’m sorry,” I said, feeling bad. He was very obviously tired judging from the circles under his eyes and my loud mouth had woken him up.

“Nah, it’s cool…I needed to wake up anyway,” he shrugged, but it didn’t make me feel any better. I was always the type of person who felt guilty for even the smallest things.

“If you say so." I hushed my mouth and looked out of the window.

As long as my brother had been in the band with Nick, I honestly didn’t know him very well. He was always kind of rude to me and mostly kept to himself. He seemed like a mystery and it always kind of bothered me that I could never figure him out. I could probably count the number of times on one hand in which Nick and I had an actual conversation, including that one. We had never had any bad words exchanged between us; he just wasn’t very outgoing with me. To be honest, I was quite shocked at his sudden outburst of friendliness and I was wondering if it was because he felt sorry for me.

“Where are we anyway?,” I questioned after a long silence, looking over at him, noticing he wasn't wearing a shirt and becoming suddenly interested in his tattoos.

“Ohio,” he answered bluntly, not bothering to look up from his phone he had taken out in the last few minutes. I quickly looked away before he could notice and shut my mouth for the second time during our conversation.

The rude Nick was back, of course. I didn’t say anything else and just continued on the search for my phone.