Status: In progress!

Fool Everyone

Chapter Fourteen

Waking up in a van is always one of the most uncomfortable things in the world.

Waking up in a van by getting jumped on by a giant ginger dude is hands down THE single most uncomfortable thing in the world.

"ALLIE ALLIE ALLIE WAKE UP LOOK ME AND DEANNA ARE HERE WAKE UPPPPPPPPPP!"
"Jared. I'm up. Get the fuck off of me."

He pouted. "Allie that's not a good way to greet your best friend's boyfriend that you totally love cuz everyone loves him!" I rolled my eyes and hugged him. "Hi you big goon...now get off me. Seriously or I'll make Deanna very unhappy."

"Why are we making me unhappy I just got here!" Deanna stuck her head in the van. I squealed and jumped up to say hi. She was crazy as all hell but damn I missed my best friend. She laughed and hugged me. "Hi babe. I missed you so much. Come on everyone's already getting breakfast and you and me need to catch up on things!"

"Okay...but...why are you guys here? Aren't we in....somewhere not Arizona?" My head was spinning. I had lost all track of what coast we were ever near.

She nodded. "Yup far from Arizona. But I mean...last time we talked you sounded kinda in the dumps so I decided to surprise you! You surprised?"

"Of course I'm surprised! I wasn't expecting to see you until tour ended...whenever the hell that is..."

Jared laughed. "Are you that out of it? Al this is the last week! Five more shows then you're done!"

That was easily the best news I had heard in a solid amount of time. Finally a real smile came across my face. Five more shows, and at least one of them was with my best friend beside me. I could totally handle this. There was no way things could get worse in that amount of time.

I got dressed and we went into the IHOP the van was parked next to. Everyone else was already devouring various combinations of pancakes, eggs, sausage, and bacon. Debby saw us walk in and waved us over. "Allie! I saved you a seat over here. The guys were too busy thinking 'Me Want Meat' to think about other people needing seats so I did it myself." I thanked her and slid into the booth.

After eating until we felt sick and talking about everything we had to do for the show today, we piled back in the van and drove the short trip to the venue. Debby and Deanna seemed to be getting along great, which was nice, considering Debby and I were on our way to becoming good friends. The three of us just sat in the back of the venue talking for hours about nothing special. I filled Deanna in on the whole Nick/Garrett situation as best I could without giving the entire thing away. I didn't want Debby to judge me for my recent history with Nick. It was just better that she didn't know.

Eventually it was time for Rocket's set. Jared came over and found us, wasted out of his mind. "Helloooooo thur pretty ladiessss" he slurred. We all rolled our eyes at him. I don't know why guys think the drunken idiot look is cute. It's really not.

Deanna patted the seat next to her. "Come sit babe, you look like you're about to fall over."
"I don't wanna disrup any lady talk now! I know you're all sayin how fucking hot I am it's okay I know" he said as he stumbled to her.

"There's only one person here that says that, and that's your girlfriend. We don't think you're all that hot. Sorry" I replied. Debby and Deanna laughed. "Ooh, babe that's a kick to your ego! Does that hurt?" Deanna mocked him.

Jared shook his head and gave me an evil grin. "Nah, we just know she's got her eye on other prizes. Like of the big-nosed, inked-up, singer variety."

Debby's eyes grew wide. "I KNEW you had a thing for Nick! Aww that's so cute! I could tell from the way you two act like you hate each o-"

I cut her off. "Whoa now, I never said that I had a thing for Nick!" I felt my face start to heat up, giving my lie away. I found myself facing three shit-eating grins. "...okay maybe a little but it's stupid and I'll get over it because he's a fucking jackass that only cares about himself and like...it's not a big thing anyways."

Jared snorted. "Yeah that's why you slept with him."

My stomach sank to my knees. "...excuse me what did you say?" Deanna hit his arm. "Jared! That was super rude, you know you aren't supposed to talk about that!"

I glared at her. "How the hell does he even know about that Deanna?! God can't you fucking keep any secret to yourself?! Or does it just all slip out when you're sucking each others faces?"

She turned to me shocked. "Al, I'm on your side! He shouldn't have said anything a-"

"WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON?!" Debby exclaimed. "You and Nick were like...a thing?" she asked me.

Jared shook his head. "Nah. One nighter. She forgot it happened. He's butthurt. Hates her for not remembering his stud-like ways. She hates him for taking her virg-"

"JARED JAMES MONACO THAT'S ENOUGH!" Deanna shouted to him. She looked enraged and embarrassed by her boyfriend.

I stared at her crushed. "You told him EVERYTHING?! What happened to keeping secrets like best friends are supposed to do?!"
"...I mean like you said I'm just such a little whore that secrets just spill out while kissing people."

"Kissing PEOPLE?" Red turned to her. "You've been kissing people other than me?!"
"J you know that's not what I meant."

I was not sitting through this trainwreck any longer. I stood up and pointed at Jared. "You need to learn how to hold your fucking alcohol better and not blurt things out. You," I pointed at Deanna, "need to stop sharing everything with your precious boyfriend and quit being a little gossip. And you," I turned to face a very confused Debby. "...look I know you and Nick are super tight but just...be careful." I cursed myself as I felt tears welling in my eyes. "He uses people like no one's business. He's a outright prick and just...don't let yourself get hurt like me."

Deanna was about to fire another comeback but I never heard it. I ran out of the venue as fast as I could. This time I didn't stop and cry in the van.

I just ran.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know its taken forever for me to update but in light of yesterday's announcement, we all kinda need a little pick me up.