Status: In progress!

Fool Everyone

Chapter Seventeen

Two days had passed and no one had any idea of the kisses that occurred in the van. No one knew that at the venues, Nick and I would sneak away and make out in vacant rooms. I mean, how do you explain that you’re in love with someone who once caused you so much emotional pain? You can’t. And I knew that if I told anyone, they’d think I’m crazy, and I probably am, but I can’t deny that there is that attraction there. On this particular morning, we had just arrived at the venue and were unloading the van. I was getting the boxes of merchandise out of the trailer when someone came in and wrapped their arms around my waist, making me drop everything on the floor.

“Nick! You can’t scare someone like that!” I exclaimed, glaring at him as he laughed and bent down to pick up the shirts that had fallen out.

“Sorry, sorry!” he apologized, placing them back in the box.

It was quiet for a few moments and I was starting to get nervous, so I broke the silence.

“Do you need something?” I asked, putting down the box I was carrying, pushing my sunglasses on top of my head.

“Um…I kinda wanted to ask you something…” he trailed off nervously, putting his hands in his pockets.

“Yeah?” I pressed on, wondering what the hell he was so nervous about.

“I don’t…really know what you would classify us as…friends I guess? But friends don’t kiss, so I don’t really know…” he rambled and I fought the urge to giggle.

“Nick…you’re rambling” I pointed out, smiling at him. He gave an annoyed sigh and continued.

“I don’t know if you’re as confused as I am…but it’s obvious there’s something between us…and I just…would like to get to know you a little better…”

“What are you getting at here?” I questioned, leaning against the door of the trailer.

“Al, do you wanna go out with me tonight? After the show?” Nick asked and I smiled a little.

“Like a date?” I smirked and he nodded.

“Sure…that would be nice” I replied and he smiled at me.

“Okay…awesome….I’ll meet you a little while after?” Nick questioned and I nodded.

“Alright. I’ll see you later on then” he said, kissing my cheek.

“Yeah, I’ll see you later” I smiled, watching him walk away.

I was left with my thoughts for a few moments and was contemplating what I was going to wear when Debby walked up.

“Hey! You want some help?” she questioned, smiling at me.

“Sure! That would be great, thanks!” I told her and she started moving boxes around.

“So…I saw Nick walking out of here looking extremely happy…what’s that about?” Debby asked, smirking at me.

“Nothing!” I lied.

“Don’t give me that! Nick didn’t have that stupid happy smile on his face over nothing! Tell me!” she ordered, turning and giving me a stern face.

“Okay, fine! I’ll tell you! Nick and I are going out tonight…” I trailed off and she squealed.

“No way! Really? Because last I knew you two still hated each other?” Debby said in a confused voice and I laughed a little.

“Yeah…that changed a few days ago…we kissed…” I admitted and she grinned.

“Oh my gosh! That is so great! I’m so happy for you!” she exclaimed, hugging me and I laughed.

“Thanks…it’s just weird, you know? Going from being at each other’s throats to making out behind everyone’s backs…” I said and she nodded.

“Yeah, I can see why you’d feel a little strange, but honestly, that asshole side of Nick that you’ve been seeing? I have no idea where that came from…I have never seen him like that. I think you intimidate him, Allison and so he puts on a front to make himself seem tough…”

I thought for a moment. Maybe she did have a point and it would make sense…

“Me? Intimidating?” I asked and she laughed a little.

“You’re fierce, Allie!” Debby exclaimed and I scoffed.

“Have you talked to Deanna?” she questioned after a few minutes of silence and I shook my head.

Deanna and Jared had left the day before and we still weren’t talking.

“No…I’m still mad…I wish she hadn’t blabbed my business to her boyfriend…” I sighed and Debby nodded.

“I understand…but she’s your best friend. You need to talk to her eventually. She was really worried about you when you just took off like you did…”she sighed and I didn’t say anything.

What was I supposed to say? I assume she gathered that I didn’t particularly want to talk about it because she changed the subject pretty fast.

“Do you want me to help you pick something out to wear tonight?” Debby questioned and I smiled.

“Sure…because I honestly don’t have a clue…” I said, laughing a little nervously.

“Are you nervous?!” she exclaimed, grinning.

“Awww! That is so cute!”

“Stop it! It is not! I just don’t want Nick to think I’m weird..or creepy..or…boring!” I groaned and she giggled.

“Allie…you two kinda slept together. I feel sure he doesn’t think you’re any of those things…”

I just looked down at the floor of the trailer and sighed. Hopefully she was right. Maybe he did actually like me.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY GOD I AM SO SORRY! I have been extremely busy and just kind of unmotivated...sorry this chapter sucks. Deanna's will be better!