Status: In progress!

Fool Everyone

Chapter Three

The next morning I woke up feeling like I was in a strange place. I hadn’t even opened my eyes yet but I knew something wasn’t right. This didn’t feel like the van and this definitely didn’t smell like the van. I moved ever so slightly and felt my back bump into something warm and I froze. Where the hell was I? I jumped up out of the bed, being met with my worst nightmare. Nick was lying there, sleeping contently.

“Oh my god…,” I muttered to myself, seeing the shirt I was wearing didn’t belong to me at all.

I looked around, noticing I was in some sort of hotel room that I definitely didn’t remember. My mind was reeling. Before I could collect my thoughts, the door clicked open and I was met with yet another one of my worst nightmares. My brother was standing there with his mouth hanging open, gawking at me.

“Allison? What the FUCK?,” “I uh…I don’t even know, Eric…I’m sure this isn’t what you think….,” I struggled to get out.

How was I supposed to explain myself to him when I didn’t even know what the fuck happened? I heard movement coming from Nick and I looked over at him, praying he wouldn’t wake up and see the mess that was happening, but of course, I have awful luck because he sat straight up in the bed and looked at me and then at my brother.

“Uh…good morning?,” he said in a confused voice, scratching his messed up hair.

“Oh HELL NO, don’t act like everything is peachy, Nick! What the fuck did you do to my sister?!,” my brother demanded and I just stood there, scared to death.

I had never seen him so red-faced and fuming before. Nick looked me up and down, like he was trying to put the pieces together.

“Halvo, man, chill out! Nothing happened! She was drunk and I brought her back to my room because she lost the key to hers…I gave her one of my shirts to wear and we went to sleep. Nothing more. “

I saw Eric’s anger recede and he sighed. “Sorry I jumped to conclusions…thanks for looking out for my sister, man.”

“No problem…,” Nick trailed off, giving me a look that I couldn’t read at all.

I just stood there, looking probably as dumb as I felt.

“Well, we’re all going to breakfast soon, so uh…I guess you need to find your key and get ready so we can head out,” Eric spoke awkwardly and I nodded, not saying a word.

Something in me didn’t quite believe that all Nick had done was give me one of his shirts and put me to sleep, but I was too afraid to ask. My brother left the room, leaving Nick and I alone.

“Uh…thanks for…everything…,” I mumbled, looking around the room for my clothes.

“It’s no problem…I didn’t want someone to take….advantage of you…you were pretty far gone when we left the club,” Nick said, clearing his throat.

I found my things on the floor in a pile, my key to my room sitting there just as pretty as anything. I snatched it up, clutching my clothes to my chest and heading toward the door. I tried to open the door, not realizing it was dead bolted and cursed to myself, pinching my finger on the lock. Nick jumped up out of the bed before I could protest and opened the door for me, his hand brushing mine.

“Uh…It’s kind of tricky…I had problems with it locking last night so I just dead bolted it…,” he said awfully close to my ear and I jumped back a little, noticing how close he was standing to me. I let out a breath didn’t even know I was holding when I saw he was wearing pants.

“Thanks…,” I mumbled, looking up at him and seeing a purple bruise on his neck.

Oh. My. God. No. I couldn’t have…right? I probably blushed about ten shades of red and hightailed it out the room, the door closing behind me. I finally found my room, thanking god the number was on the key and went inside, plopping down on the bed and started to think. I had never been so stupid in my entire 21 years of living. First off, I never drank and apparently last night I got trashed. Second, I didn’t ever leave a club with a guy. Sure, I knew Nick, but I didn’t KNOW him. And third, I definitely didn’t sleep with guys I didn’t know, so what the fuck happened? I fished my phone out of my pocket and dialed Deanna’s number. She’s my best friend for life and the girlfriend of Jared Monaco, guitarist of The Maine. After about five rings, she finally answered.

“Allie? This shit better be good. It’s 7 AM…,” she mumbled into the phone, sounding pissed.

“Deanna…I think I slept with Nick.”

“WHAT?!,” she screamed in my ear and I winced, holding the phone away.

“I don’t know for sure…but the signs are all there….,” I told her.

“Tell me EVERYTHING!,” Deanna demanded and I spilled everything that I knew, or at least everything I was told. She was silent for a minute and then I heard her laugh.

“Shit, Al, do you know how many girls would die to be in your position…literally!,” she cackled and I groaned.

“Deanna, this isn’t fucking funny! I’m being serious! What am I supposed to do?!’, I said in a frustrated voice.

“I don’t know! What can you do? The deed’s already been done! No take backs! Just try not to let it be awkward….I don’t know!,” she offered and I sighed.

“If my brother ever found out what really happened, I don’t know who he would kill first…,” I sighed, putting my hand to my forehead.

“Probably Nick. You can always play the innocent victim role,” she said and there was a knock at my door. I jumped, opening it slightly, seeing Justin standing there, grinning at me. He was always too happy.

“Hey lady, get dressed or we’re gonna leave you!,’ he ordered and I rolled my eyes, slamming the door in his face.

“Was that Justin?!,” she yelled in my ear.

“Yes….”

“Oh my god, tell him I love him okay? I’ll let you go get dressed…let me know what happens!,” Deanna said all in one breath and hung up the phone before I could say anything else.

I threw my phone on the bed and started to get ready for my day that I was sure was going to be miserable.