Status: In progress!

Fool Everyone

Chapter Five

Five days had passed since the confrontation with Nick. I’d barely talked to anyone, and when asked if I was fine, I’d say I wasn’t feeling well. However, I wasn’t feeling anything at all; I was numb. I wouldn’t allow myself to feel anything, because feelings meant that I cared, right? Caring would mean that I gave a shit what Nick Santino thought of me, and heaven forbid, why should I care what a skinny, tattooed jerk thought of me…..right? Wrong. I cared. I didn’t want to admit it. Not to him, and especially not to myself. I cared too much for someone who didn’t even like the guy. For a solid five days, I’d gotten by without saying a word to him, and it seemed to be working. I ignored his gazes as I’d walk by him at the venue, and I even avoided eye contact in the van, which was pretty impressive for someone who breathed, ate, and slept in the same area in which you did. I was becoming a professional at pretending Nick Santino didn’t exist. This particular day, we were in Arizona, and I was so glad to be home, even if it was just for a day. I was sleeping soundly when I felt someone flick me hard on the nose.
“What the fuck?” I groaned out and the person, my brother, laughed wickedly.

“Wake up! We’re back in Arizona! We’re meeting everyone for lunch!”

“Who’s everyone”, I questioned, standing up and stretching, noticing I was badly in need of a shower.

I scrunched my nose and grabbed what I thought was a clean article of clothing. I didn’t even remember anymore which of my clothes were dirty and which were clean. Everything really just smelled like dirty guys at this point.

“You know…everyone”, he shrugged and I rolled my eyes at his vagueness.

I looked out the window and saw we were in the parking lot of Chipotle. Big surprise there. I swear, these boys insist on eating so much Chipotle that it actually makes me nauseous now whenever we go.

“Hurry up and get dressed or whatever. They’re all waiting on you!” Eric said and I nodded.

“Fine, I’ll be in there in a few”, I said, noticing that I was the last one in the van.

My brother shrugged and closed the van behind him as he left and I sighed. I was honestly not in the mood to deal with these people today. I was in the middle of changing my shirt when I heard the van unlock and I froze.

“Shit…’, I muttered to myself. It was too late. I couldn’t put on a shirt fast enough because whoever it was had already seen me.

“Oh…sorry…”, the voice said and I pulled my shirt over my head and saw the very person I was avoiding, standing there with his stupid Ray Ban sunglasses on.

I felt myself blush, but I didn’t dare say a word. He didn’t exist to me.

“I just…forgot my wallet.”

I wasn’t sure why he felt the need to talk to me, but I was wishing he’d just shut his mouth. I put on my Toms and felt his gaze on me.

“What?’, I snapped, surprised at how fast the words came out of my mouth.

“You’re really stubborn, you know that?” Nick said, pushing his glasses on top of his head.

“Stubborn? I am not stubborn!” I retorted and he smirked, leaning against the side of the door.

“You haven’t talked to me for days.”

“What’s it to you?” I questioned, moving out of the van. “You don’t matter to me just like I don’t matter to you.”

I whipped around and walked away, feeling his eyes on me as I walked into Chipotle.

“ALLIE BO BALLIE!”

I heard my name and looked up to see Deanna standing beside her boyfriend. She ran over and attacked me with a hug.

“You need a shower, babe!” she giggled and I rolled my eyes.

“It is SO wonderful to see you too!” I said sarcastically, laughing.

I heard Nick come in behind me and glanced back, seeing a look of…wait, what was that…hurt, in his eyes? Deanna followed my gaze and then looked back at me, raising her eyebrow.

“I’ll tell you later”, I said and she shrugged, going back to her boyfriend and making googley eyes at him.

By the time lunch was over, I literally wanted to kill Deanna and Jared because they were so cute it made me sick. Every time one would call the other “babe” or “sweetheart”, I wanted to hurl my burrito at them.

“You guys, enough with the pet names, I’m gonna vomit over here!” I groaned out and Jared laughed.

“Well, someone’s bitter!” Justin said and I threw a tortilla chip at him, which he gladly picked up off the table and ate.

“Seriously, you’re just jealous that you don’t have someone to be cute with!” Deanna said, snuggling into Jared’s chest and I just glared at her.

“I think we’re making your best friend uncomfortable, honey”, Jared suggested and she rolled her eyes dramatically and leaned up.

“Where’s the rest of your band anyway, Red?” I questioned, taking a sip of my drink.

“I have no idea…they’re supposed to be at the show tonight though! I heard Garrett was excited to see you!” Jared winked at me and I laughed.

“Oh he is not!”

“Then why’d he ask me if you were gonna be there, huh?” Jared asked and I turned red.

“Garrett doesn’t like me, I don’t know what you’re talking about!”

“Oh god, don’t put these things into her head, Jared! Garrett is literally the LAST person she needs to get involved with”, my brother said and I sighed.

“I’m not getting involved with Garrett! Or anybody!” I exclaimed out defensively and Deanna narrowed her eyes at me and I could tell she was trying not to laugh.

I felt Nick’s eyes baring into me from across the table and I sighed. Was I really that awful of a liar?
♠ ♠ ♠
I see you've all met my lovely best friend and co-author Deanna! The reason we did this is so we'd (hopefully) have more updates. I've been slack lately (sorry) because I have a full time job and I've been pretty busy, as well as having the flu. So I decided I'd write a little for you all today! Enjoy!