Status: Whenever I can.

Kissing in Cars

Welcome to Mystery(14)

"Morning Kels," Justin says from behind me. I shrug and continue to remove my books from my locker. 
"It's ok. To early to be away though," I complain. Justin nods sympathetically as he opens his locker, which just so happens to be beside mine.
"Assembly today. Don't need shit," Justin grinned, closing his locker back up. 
"Oh what's it about?"
"Seniors getting awards and yearbooks and getting told what's up for the next few weeks." He explained, waiting for me to put my stuff back. Seems chill enough, I like the end of the school year stuff it makes the following weeks so much easier. The assembly isn't that bad either, pretty fun to be honest. I just sit with my friends and fuck around, since they stop caring around now. 
"Hey, guys! There you are. Any idea where Mike and Vic are?" Jaime asks as he approaches us.
"No. I thought they drove you?" I answer. Maybe they were sick or playing hooky, I wouldn't be surprised. I know that Tony said he was gonna, up late as usual.
"Yeah but they didn't. I dunno, probably hanging with Tony." I shrug and turn away, facing the auditorium. I walk a few paces before hearing my phone bleep at me. I pull out my phone and see a message from Matty.
Matty: hey Kels, how are you this morning?
I smile at the text, excited to be getting my first morning text not from family or with a curse word in it.
Me: I'm lovely, how about yourself?
I answer quickly, not wanting my phone confiscated. I head over to an empty row of chairs and head in several seats before sitting down. Jesse follows after me, followed by our group. I chat with them while I wait for a message back. Finally I hear a ding again.
Matty: I'm pretty good, doing better now;) what are you up to?
I blush as I read his text. I know I like Vic a lot, but he's more of a hopeless case. He's obviously straight and could date whoever he wanted, so maybe I should try to move on. And Matty seems perfectly happy to help me do so.
Me: Aw I'm blushing;3 haha and nothin really, waiting for a school assembly to start. Boring shit ya know? What about you?
I lock my phone and look up, finding that the principal had already made his way on and off the stage. Now a random teacher stood at the podium, talking about class trips and such. I try to focus but get distracted by my phone again.
Matty: Well, just chilling at home. Nothing amazing, I skipped school today and have been bored, ya know?
My smirk, knowing my four friends all skipped, three together, and here I am being my goody self. 
Me: how can you be bored though? I'd be partying and getting drunk and stuff man! 
I glance to my friends beside me and laugh when I realize they're all mocking the teacher, making faces and waving hands around. I raise my hands to join their shenanigans, but stop because of my phone.
Matty: yeah sure you would;) and my parents are making me clean so it's boring:/ we should do something after you're out of school. Whaddya say?
I feel my heart rate jump fifteen thousand miles fast and jump up. I grab Jesse's arm and drag him out of the auditorium. 
"What the fuck man?" Jesse asks, obviously startled by my sudden aggression. I bounce up and down for a few seconds before talking.
"Ok so I'm bi and there's this really cute guy named Matty Mullins and he asked me out and should I say yes? Oh my gee yes I should. Jesse I have my first date tonight!" I screech, sounding uncomfortably like a teen girl. Jesse stares at me for a second before grinning.
"So you ARE gay, or at least bi! I knew it! And yes you should say yes!!! Though I always imagined you with Vic." My friend admitted, yanking me from my cloud 9. I forgot momentarily that I liked Vic. And now that I remembered his existence and wasn't overcome with Matty thoughts, I felt sick thinking about dating someone else. But Matty seemed like a nice guy, so maybe it'll be okay. I hope it will. 
"Yeah, I thought maybe so for a while too, but he isn't gay or bi, I asked." 
"Coolio. So who is this guy that asked you out?"
"Matty Mullins! He's the most beautiful, amazing, sweet, funny person not already in our friend group! I'm so excited dude!" I exclaimed, ignoring the look of worry on Jesse's face.
"Matty Mullins?"
"Yeah? Bad rep or something? Not that it matters, I don't care about reputations." I smile, trying to replace the brown eyes in my mind with green ones instead. Jesse looked at me for a moment before smiling.
"No, not at all. I have no clue who he is haha, but good luck! We should probably go back to the auditorium now." Jesse turned around and left the bathroom, back to the assembly leaving me behind and confused. That was the weirdest thing... I brushed it off and got out my phone, messaging Matty and setting up plans for a movie at 5. 
I headed back into the auditorium and took my seat beside Justin. The gang had quieted down and were now listening attentively. Or at least pretending to, really they were asleep. I ended up dozing off myself, bored already by everything. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Wake up, c'mon haha," a sweet voice says beside me. I feel a hand shake my shoulder and I open my eye slowly, smiling at the lovely brown eyes staring at me. 
"Hi there," I greet Vic, sitting up from the cushy red seats. I look around and realize everyone but Mike, Vic, Tony, and Jesse are gone.
"What's up, sleeping beauty?" Mike laughs. I shrug and rub at my eyes, still tired and wanting to sleep.
"Did I miss a class?" 
"No, the assembly just ended like 15 minutes ago and we have lunch." Tony explains, studying me with curious eyes. I look back at Vic and the feeling of longing washes over me, along with the ashamed feeling I got earlier when I agreed to go out with Matty. I stand up and stretch, my bones creaking and cracking while I do.
"So what's new?" I ask the group, all of whom are exchanging glances and debating with facial expressions.
"What's going on with you and Matty?" Vic finally speaks up, a disapproving look climbing onto his face. I feel te sickness rise up and bit my lip.
"He, uh, we meet yesterday and then we've been texting a lot and are going to see a movie. Why?" 
"Because here's the thing Kel-" Mike started until Tony jabbed Vic, making him yelp in pain.
"Vic, come with me. You two stay there. And Mike, hold that thought." Tony orders, marching Vic out of the room. 
"So... Where were you guys earlier?" I ask Mike, trying to make small talk. 
"We were at home, Vic overslept and took forever to get ready."
"And you didn't skip why?"
"Cuz Vic didn't want to," Mike told me, a slight smile on his face.
"Are you happy about that?" I ask, already done with today and all the confusion. He just shakes his head no, giggling a little. I go to say more but Tone and Vic are back.
"So Kellin, like Mike was saying, there's a few things about Matty we want you to know." He says hesitantly. Oh great, more hate on my ginger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know but still, here's an update^-^ I hope you all like the Matty/Kellin thing going on;) hahaha just wait guys, just wait:>
Anyways, so here is the new update, and I'll probably be updating again this weekend too:3 I'm falling back into love with this story:D thanks for all the lovely comments by the way, your all amazing wonderful readers and I probably wouldn't have made it this far without you all. Love you guys:3
Xøxø
Meg