Status: Whenever I can.

Kissing in Cars

Pink Ribbon Scars That Never Forget(4)

"Hello, Vic." Kellin groaned like I was the last person he wanted to see.
"Well aren't you a little ray of sunshine?" I joked and he climbed into passenger. He responded with a shrug and heavy sigh.
"You okay? Tell mama Vic what's wrong," I tried joking again. He stared at me with shimmering eyes and pursed lips.
"Today I went out with Jenna for coffee..." Kellin started, biting his lip in the most adorable way ever. Wait, adorable? No, nope. Not what I meant. Not even close. And wait, he went out for coffee with Jenna? I had been planning to go out with her, but chose not to.Or actually was to lazy to ask. I wonder if he went with her for the same reason I'd been planning to. Maybe he was gay, or bi, as well. Or-
"Hey mama Vic? You there?" He poked, smirking a bit.
"Yup! So you went with Jenna and..."
"And.... And I asked her... I asked her out," He looked like he was trying to figure out what to say. Hell, I could practically see the gears turning.
"And?"
"And she flipped out. Apparently she's dating Jack and she thought I knew so she thought I was suggesting she was a cheat! I feel so bad and although she accepted my apologies I don't think she really did and I'm just..." He frowned, his breathing hitching up as, I'm assuming, he recalled the events of the day. I reached out and grabbed his shoulder, pushing my feelings of jealousy and disappointment away. I don't even know why I felt them...
"It's ok, Kellin. She'll be over it by Monday if she isn't already. And I know getting your heart broken hurts, but it'll get better soon. And I'll be here for you while it's healing," I smile at him, trying to show my support. My words seem to have given little or no comfort to him as his eyes begin watering over a bit and his wheezing got worse. I know I can't deal with his panic attack while driving, trust me I've tried, so I pull over to the side of the road. I pull out The Used's Taste Of Ink album and stick it in so we have some sort of background noise. As it begins to play I pull Kellin close and hug him.
"Kels, I know you couldn't have liked Jenna so much she would have upset you like this. What else is wrong? Bad day? Feeling sick? Did you start cutting again?" The memories of the first time he admitted to self harming surfaced and I grabbed his wrist to check, not waiting for a response. His wrist was clean, except for the familiar scars from a while ago.
""I-it-it's just a bad day," He choked out. I rubbed my hand up and down his back for a bit letting him cry it out. The whole ordeal was something I was quite familiar with.He suffered from Bipolar depression and so occasionally he'd break down. I was the only person for the most part who trusted enough to let his walls down and over the past two years I've learned how to deal.
"It's ok Kels. Here, here's a few tissues. You don't want to make yourself sick from crying," He nodded and took the wipes from me, blowing his nose a bit and dabbing his eyes with the other one.
"I'm sorry..." He whispered. I frowned at his unnecessary apology.
"There's nothing to apologize for. You can't help it." He merely shrugged then turned his attention to my stereo.
"I like the Used and everything, but can we change it? " Kellin asked already rifling through my CDs.
"Hmm... What is Demo Bitch?" He asked, giving me a smug look like he thought he found my own demo or something. I laughed and shook my head at him.
"Just my bro fucking around as a rapper. Mr. Mikeywhiskeyhands," We laughed at the name as the first track, Money Matterz Bitches Don't, started playing.After a bit, I checked Kellin's face for a reaction. He was smilling, his red rimmed eyes scrunching up a bit on the sides.
"Well, thats quite a Mike like song," He giggled as it ended.
"Isn't it? I teased him when I first heard it, asking where his first class hoes were," We cracked a few more jokes before pulling into Jaime's driveway. I turned off the car and turned to Kellin, who seemed to have recovered from his episode.
"Before we go in, I just want to remind you I'm always here when you need to talk bro. Don't hesitate to call or text or whatever." I smile at him then climb out and head to the trunk. I pull out my guitar case and make my way to the door where Kellin is waiting for me. He goes in first, holding it open so my case will bump around as little as posssible.
"Thank ya."
"Mhmm," He responds before sprinting for the stairs.
"We have arrived!" He screeched as he head down stairs to the jam area. I follow behind in a calm fashion and shake my head, laughing lightly at him.
"Hello Vic..." Jamie's mom greets me, still staring at the door through which sounds of boys chanting could be heard. She sighs then turns to me.
"Hey Mrs.Preciado. Sorry 'bout that, he had coffee," I explained, earning a laugh from my friend's mom.
"I'm used to it. When you get down there, will you tell Jaime that if I hear one more curse word that isn't a part of a song I will take away his bass for a week?" She finishes saying, just in time for Jaime to shout out 'Fuck you guys.'
"Sure. Ya know, one of our teachers once though he had terretz?"
"No, but I can believe it. Have fun, make sure your band wins." She smiles, turning and walking back into the living room. Jaime's parents were so laidback that most of us envied him for it. He got away with mostly everything, only reciving threats really.
I reached the bottom of the stairs and almost turned and went back up when I saw what was happening. A large brawl had broken out among them, all of them fighting in some way. Justin and Tony were flipping around onthe floor, Jaime had Jack in a headlock, Mike was taking on Jesse, and Gabe and Kellin were standing back taking videos.
"What the actual fuck will we do with you all?" I sighed. Walking past the tangle of bodies, I sat down by the amp and began unpacking my guitar.
"I'm leaving if we don't start playing in 15 minutes,"I threatened. Everyone pulled apart then, they liked fighting, but playing music was always better to them and I was essential for a battle of the bands....
"Ok, lets get this show on the road!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!! Sorry it took so long to update:P anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the chapter(: so yeah, just a heads up the updates will probably come every Sunday for the rest of the month cuz I'm so damn busy:/ anyways, feedback would be awesome:3 so yeah, enjoy!