Status: Whenever I can.

Kissing in Cars

May These Things Startle You In The Night(5)

"I'd rather kill the one responsible for falling stars at night! Cuz they fall all around me, the night can be deady," I sung into the mic, playing chords along to the lyrics on my guitar. I opened my eyes a bit to see Kellin and Jesse smirking at us. Instead of being alarmed, I shut my eyes again and belted the chorus out. It was normal for their faces to be set like that, their one goal in life was to make everyone live on the edge and they felt that those faces kept everyone alarmed. Whatever.
"Kiss me while I drive!" I finished, stepping back from the mic and breathing heavily. I grinned at the others and turned round to unplug myself from the amp.
"Well boys, are you sure you want to go against us still? Or will you just go ahead and forfeit?" I teased, knowing they would get worked up just enough.
"Oh shut up Vic, we aren't pussies. You know we won't pull out," Justin responded, winking at me and making everyone laugh.
Eventually each bands has switched places and now Kellin and co. and are standing on the makeshift stage. Jesse and Jack tune to each other, with Tony and I's advice that is, While Justin and Gabe warm up together.
"Ok boys, enough prepping, lets show these fags!" Jesse calls out.
"But we already played?" Jaime answers quickly. Jesse glares while the rest of us laugh, but he starts laughing soon too.
"Ok, lets go!" Jesse yells.
" Just open up like a page in a book.
These words that I'm writing wont be misunderstood
If I'm dishonest bring me back to my knees.
Show me why I'm even able to speak." Kellin starts out the song, followed with heavyish, gritty guitar parts. I'll admit, no matter how much shit we give them about us being better, they are fucking awesome as well. Just not quite as much.
The other band finished their song and began shouting immediately.
"We won! We won we won we wonnnn!" Jack screamed, dancing around and ignoring our protests.
"No you didn't!" Tony yelled at him, grabbing his shoulders and spinning him to face hin.
"We won," He corrected him quietly.
"Well, I think someone outside of the bands should decide, like maybe real audiences?" Mrs. Preciado called from atop the stairs, closing the door back up after.
"We probably should try to get out there and play mire..." Gabe admitted. We have had these jam sessions since about 7th grade and still hadn't gone public.
"I suppose... But anyways, what's going on tonight?" Jack changed the subject. No need to talk about something that won't happen for awhile, I suppose.
"I'm going out with this chick name Chantal," Mike announced, grinning.
"By out do you mean to your room?" Jesse teased. Mike answered by winking and licking a V made by his fingers. I shake my head at him and smile. There isn't a doubt in the world that out of our group, he is the biggest ladies man, followed by Justin and Jesse.
"What'cha gonna do while Mike is out?" Kellin asked, suddenly appearing by me. I shrugged and tried to think of what I needed to do. Only homework and cleaning came to mind, but who actually does that?
"Nothin, maybe work on a new song?"
"Oh, cool. Maybe we could hang out tonight?"
"Sure, I'll ask." I say though I knew it would be a yes. The weekends were never spent at home for us, we always would be at each others houses, it's just how we were. Since we couldn't party on the weekdays we did on the weekends, all weekend.
"Aye, we gotta go. See ya," Jack and Gabe called, making their way up stairs. I hadn't even noticed they had packed up, but I was always missing things like that. I waved to them then turned to Jaime.
"Movie?"
"Yes," He agreed, practically jumping over to the tv.
"Or maybe laps for you?" Tony suggested, laughing at Jaime's hyperness. Jaime wrinkle his nose and shook his head.
"This isn't gym class, I'm not doing that. Besides, I'm dying to watch this movie!" He explained.
"What movie is it?"
"Sinister," Jaime told us, smiling devilishly at Kellin. "You won't mind, right Kels?"
Everyone glanced at the small boy. He was visibly shaking and had gone pale, but he took a deep breath and answered.
"Not at all, I think that it looks like a good movie," He said, trying to sound confident but failing.
"Good." Jaime popped the Dvd in and we all staked our claims for seating. The couch, no matter how huge, could fit all but one if us. And that one just so happened to be Kellin.
"Uhm, so does anyone want to sit with me?" He asked, giving his best puppy eyes. None of us answered, only laughed at his misfortune. He whimpered at the thought of sitting alone, then scanned our faces for any signs of sympathy.
"Please, someone? Justin?"
"Nope!"
"Tony?"
"Sorry, but no,"
"Jesse?"
"Nah, I'd rather watch your reactions from afar," Kellin sighed helplessly, jutting his bottom lip out ridiculously far. Jaime shook his head grabbed the remote to start up the movie.
"Wait, Vic?" Kellin began, turning and smirking at me.
"Yes?" I asked hesitantly. I knew what he would ask, and I didn't want him to. I'm sort of a massive pushover and know I'll say yes.
"Will you sit with me?" Dammit.
"Don't you dare say yes, Victor," Jaime and Jesse warned me in sync.
"But I'm gonna get to scared..." Kellin pushed.
"You're like a fuckin girl!" Justin laughed. Kellin blushed and crossed his arms.
"No, I'm not. Scary movies just scare me!"
"That's kind of the point."
"Well I don't like it."
"Suck it u-"
"Yes I'll sit with you. Just shut up ad start the movie!" I interrupted them. Their fighting could be funny, but got annoying quickly. I pushed myself off the couch and walked over to Kellin, sitting down beside him on the beige carpet.
Kellin thanked me quietly, his shaking easing up as he leaned against who ever was sitting behind him's legs. I nodded and leaned back as well. The movie began and honestly, it was kind of scary even for me. At one point, Kellin threw himself into my lap and I had to bury myself against his back.
"This is disgusting and terrifying," He whispered as the sounds of a lawnmower came out of the TV, followed by a collective groan from the guys behind us.
"I agree, this is some sick shit. Are you okay?"
"Maybe?" I figured this was pretty much a no and pulled him into a hug. He shivered against me as another murder took place, just as disturbing as the last.
"It's almost over," Jaime told us from behind. Ah, so that's who I was infront of. I peered over Kellin and watched the rest of the movie, still hiding my face occasionally. Finally, the girl placed a bloodied axe on the table and credits began rolling
"Oh thank god!" Kelli groaned loudly.
"I think I'm going to be sick." Jaime said. I tuned to him and noticed his face was unusually pale.
"To scary?" I teased, poking his tensed calf.
"Nope perfect. Just disturbing, but in a good way."
"What is wrong with you?" Kellin stared at him in confusion.
"Everything," Jaime joked, winking at him.
"I can tell," Kellin began laughing and we soon all joined in.
"So, as much as I love laughing with you all, I love getting food with you guys more. So who wants to go get food?" Mike asked, gazing expectantly at everyone, waiting for us to agree.
"I don't know, my appetite is kind of eh right now," Jaime admitted and most of us agreed.
"No worries. I'm sure it will reappear on the way, so lets go!" Mike dismissed our protests and stood up.
"Fine, but you aren't driving."
"Why?" Everyone looked at Mike shaking their heads. Mike was hands down the worst driver ever.
"Because I don't want to die or throw up," Justin finally said. A few guys chuckled and Mike just made a offended sound before heading up the stairs.
"I'll drive," I offer.
"Sounds good. Here, we'll take the my car." Justin tosses me his keys and we follow after Mike and head outside. I pull myself into the big, dingy silver car and start it up.
"Where will we go?" Kellin asks from passenger.
"Starlight Diner?" Jesse suggests. Everyone quickly agrees, Starlight is probably the best restaurant because all the food is homemade and amazing. And the staff is generally friendly and cute.
I pull out of the driveway and start down the road.
"It's so pretty out there," Kellin points towards the pink horizon. The evening had kicked in and the sunset was stunning, a mixture of pink, purple, orange, and yellow.
"Prettier than usual, yeah."
"Hey Vic."
"Yeah Kel?"
"BRING ME THE HORIZON!" He yelled, slapping the dash and starting up the radio. Oli Sykes's screams poured from the speakers and soon enough we were all singing along to our own parts. To soon we pulled into the parking lot, ending our singing session. I slipped out and shut the door behind me. I was smiling uncontrollably and must have looked mad.
"Was that more fun than usual?" Kellin questioned, cocking his eyebrow and laughing.
"I dunno, I must just be in a good mood."
"That's cool, I'll be in a good mood when we have food," Mike told me, shoving me through the door.
"We should have gone to Arby's cuz," Justin began, smirking at everyone.
"ARBY'S, ITS GOOD MOOD FOOD!" We screamed together as we walked through the door.
"Well, I like to think our food is good mood food too," The waitress by the door said as we stopped in front of her.
"It's good for me! Table for 8?" Mike requested.
"Follow me," She smiled, leading us to a table in the back.
"Yum, food."
♠ ♠ ♠
here is chapter 5, finally xD I hope you all enjoy and thanks for the feedback by the way. Maybe more to come though?:3 it makes me super happy when you guys comment:3 also, thanks for the recommendations! AND, haha, tomorrow I may be home ssick so I might post another? if not, then just expect more next weekend(: anyways, thanks for reading, enjoy this chapter(:
xoxo, Meg