Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Welcome

One

Syn sighed ripping off another small piece of chicken that sat on the plate in front of him. He lifted his head up in time to see the young waitress bringing him another glass of beer. “Danke,” He said sipping the amber liquid. “Sonst noch etwas?” (Anything else?) She asked twisting some of her long brown hair between her fingers, leaning over just enough to show off her cleavage.

Syn’s dark eyes flickered down her shirt then trailed slowly back up to her bright blue eyes. “Nein, danke.” He said trying to hide to the smirk that played on his lips. She nodded, disappointed before walking over to a table across the room where some old men were yelling for more alcohol.

Syn sighed again finishing his food and downing the last of his drink. He fished some money from his coat pocket and left it on the table. The bitter winter air hit him as he started down the road of the small German town they were in. Children were laughing and throwing the freshly falling snow as their parents looked on talking amongst each other.

He skipped up the stairs and into the apartment they were renting. Syn took off his coat and brushed some of the melting snow from his dark hair. The water falling in tiny drops onto the hard wood flooring. He slipped off his boots and went to lay on the couch, content on relaxing and enjoying the silence while his brothers were out.

Just as his body became heavy and his mind clear, his ears picked up the sound of the door opening and slamming shut. He kept his eyes closed still hoping who ever it was would leave him alone. Although Syn did seem to always have the worst of luck.

“SSSSSYYYYYNNNNN!!!!!!” The voice screeched through the small apartment. Syn cursed under his breath and sat up. “What Rev?” He asked growling lowly. The tall man crossed the room standing in front of Syn, his blue eyes sparkling with excitement. The front of the taller man’s coat was bulging out. Syn raised his eyebrow waiting for an explanation from his brother.

“Before you get mad!” Rev said holding one finger up, his left hand was holding whatever was in his coat from falling out. “I already asked Shads and he said it was okay!!” The taller man’s smiled widened further as he unbuttoned his coat. Both of Syn’s eyebrows raised up his forehead. “Rev, what the fuck is that!?”

“Its a puppy!!!” Rev smiled stroking the puppy’s black fur on its head. “I found him on my way home! He was hiding under a bush scared and cold! I couldn’t leave him!!” The puppy barked and wagged it’s tail.

Syn rubbed his face holding back a sigh. “You’re fucking kidding me.” Rev shook his head, still smiling, throwing his coat to the side. “The weird thing is, he has a collar and a name tag.” Rev said sitting in the chair across from the couch. “That means he belongs to someone Rev,” Syn finally sighed getting irritated.

“I already tried asking around, no ones seen him before. They just say he showed up the other day. Sooooooo that means he’s all mine now!!!” Rev sang hopping into the kitchen with the puppy. Syn followed his older brother eyeing the dog in his arms, “He’s a bit big for a puppy Rev.” Rev shrugged and found some left over food. The puppy wagged its tail seeing the dish and began to cry. “Here ya go little buddy!” Rev also set a bowl of water down next to the food.

The puppy sniffed the bowl before eating its contents then taking gulps of the water. “You said he had a tag? What’s his name?” Syn asked leaning against the wall. Rev looked up from the puppy leaning his lanky body against the counter. “Jacoby. I dunno who gives a puppy that much of a human name, but I’m not gonna change it.”

Jacoby’s ears perked up hearing his name, his blue eyes looking over at Syn. The front door opened and closed again. A man a few inches shorter then Rev walked in, his hazel eyes skimming over the two. “Hey Shads.” Rev greeted the other man as he walked into the kitchen. “We’re moving in the morning.” Shads responded before walking away into one of the bedrooms, Jacoby barked and ran after Shads. “No! Coby come here!” Rev called after the puppy.

In the bedroom Shads began packing his clothes into a suitcase. “Why are we moving Shadows?! We’ve only been here for 2 months!” Syn snarled at his younger brother. Shadows may have been taller and bulkier than Syn but that didn’t scare him. “Because!” Shadows declared swiftly, “Someone knows about us so we’re fucking moving! Now go pack your fucking clothes and quit asking questions Syn!” His golden gaze faded deep black.

“Wonder how they found out?” Rev questioned, “You were never good at keeping your mouth shut Shadows!” Rev hissed, his fangs digging into his lower lip. Syn shook his head going into his room and grabbed his own bag, carelessly throwing his belongings into it. “Where are we headed this time Shads?!” Syn heard Rev demand. “Italy!” Shads argued back. “Hopefully there I can get a hold of a friend in Greece to get us a boat ride over to America."

Syn sprinted back into his brother’s room. “America?! You’re fucking kidding me!” “No,” Shadows said unfazed by Syn’s sudden burst of anger. “And how fucking long are we gonna stay there Shadows!?” Syn shouted loudly. “First Ireland, then England, then France, now Germany!?! And soon it’ll be Italy and America too!! We’re going to run out of places to go soon!”

Shadows shoved Syn into the wall behind him, holding his forearm against Syn’s throat. “Shut the fuck up before you don’t make it to Italy!” He growled lowly. Syn clenched Shadows‘ wrist with his right hand, as he started to choke. The air filling and burning Syn’s lungs causing him to cough violently.

Shadows rolled his eyes dropping Syn to the floor before turning back to Rev. The tall man had Jacoby held close to his chest. “Anything you wanna contribute?” Rev eyed his youngest brother and shook his head slowly.

Syn stood slowly regaining his eye sight and staggered to his room tripping over his feet every few steps. He managed to pull his shirt off and tumble into the mess of blankets that made up his bed. Syn shut his eyes letting the rhythmic pounding of his headache lure him to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story to try to break my writers block.