Status: Continued (is not sure what to write here)

The Super Hero That Stole My Heart

Chapter 9

I woke up in Aiden's basement in his lap with his arms tight around me. Iris and Eskil were gone and the pizza boxes were too. I smiled and snuggled closer to Aiden. He nuzzled me and kissed my forehead. I heard the basement door open and I heard someone coming down the stairs. I heard the foot steps stop and I heard Aiden's mom giggling.

"Aw... So cute!" She squealed and Aiden shifted so that he was laying down with me on top of him. My head was on his chest and I didn't mind much. I closed my eyes and nuzzled him. He yawned and I laid my head down with my cheek on his chest and my face facing his mom. She was taking pictures of us and I whimpered and sat up, trying to get out of the pictures, but Aiden's arms shot out and dragged me back to him. He rolled over and hugged me close to him. I purred unintentionally from the comfortable position and I heard Aiden's mom hit him on the head. "Shh!" She said and he groaned and curled up closer to me.

"What....?" He asked while I purred quietly. His mom got quiet and then Aiden realized what she meant.

"Leanna? Dear.... are you.... purring?" She asked and I stopped immediately, my heart racing at the impending danger. If she found out, she'd be extremely mad. From the look on Aiden's face, he knew that too.

"No? Why would I be purring?" I asked, keeping my voice leveled. She paused and then took a deep breath.

"Aiden," At his name, he flinched. "Is there something that you would like to tell me?" She asked and Aiden sat up, pulling me up with him and shook his head.

"N-Nothing at all....." He stuttered and I buried my face into his neck, sighing about how stupid he was for stuttering.

"Leanna, I think your mom was looking for you next door. She's worried because you didn't come back at all last night." She said and I looked at her and took a shaky breath.

"She can wait.... just a few minutes at least.... I can talk to her another time...." I said and Aiden's mom looked shocked. She sighed and nodded.

"Okay, since you're going to stay here while I torture Aiden, you're going to be tortured and interrogated as well." She said and I nodded. Aiden looked down at me and hugged me tight, sighing. I hugged him gently and said nothing. "Aiden, why was she purring?" She asked him and he shrugged.

"I'm a good hugger...." He said and I nodded in agreement.

"He is quite the hugger." I said and Aiden's mom stared at us.

"Aiden. You know what I'm asking. And if you don't answer, we have the potential of leaving this continent." She said and Aiden sighed and looked down, hugging me tight.

///////// Aiden's POV /////////

What did she want me to say? 'Well, she's a cat mom and I think I transfered powers to her.' I don't want to sell her out. I want to keep her secret and make sure that my mom doesn't mess with her.

Leanna sighed and I stared at her. She put my hands at my side and sat next to me, looking at my mom. "I'm a cat thingy, like Aiden." She said and I sighed and stared at her then at my mom, who was glaring daggers at me.

"How did this happen Leanna?" She asked and I looked at my hands. "Did he rape you?!" She asked and both of our faces turned red.

"No!! I found out about him being a super hero and I asked him to show me his powers and he showed me a sphere thing. It glowed really bright and I touched it and it went into my hand...." She explained quickly and my mom looked at me confused.

"She's basically growing into her powers...." I mumbled and stared at her.

"Oh...." She said and nodded.

"I'm sorry...?" Leanna said and I sighed and kissed her nose.

"Don't worry honey.... I just hope you put those powers to good use, and not for your own benefit and Aiden...." She said and I looked at her curiously. "Your father says that it's time." I looked confused then I smiled.

"Is he coming?" I asked and she shrugged. I nodded and smiled at Leanna. She looked so confused, but this was the moment I had been waiting for since I was five.

I heard the stairs at the top of the basement squeak and I put Leanna down on the seat next to me and I stood quickly, getting a first glimpse at the man I haven't seen since my sixth birthday.... He smiled at me and I ran to him and hugged him tight. He chuckled and hugged me back. I pulled away and his gray eyes stared into my own and I smiled. He ruffled my hair like he did when I was younger and laughed. Suddenly his eyes grazed the room, then they stopped on Leanna.

"Who is that Aiden?" He asked and I looked at her and held out my hand for her. She looked at me curiously then my dad before she stood and walked to my side. She grabbed my hand and stared at the ground.

"She's my girlfriend, dad..." I said and her cheeks flushed. I smiled and my dad looked at her curiously.

"Why is she in here? Does she know?" He questioned and I sighed.

"We fell asleep after watching a movie with her friends last night." I explained and pulled her a bit closer to me. "And she does know." I said and his eyes widened.

"How did she find out!?" He asked furiously and I flinched a bit, not used to have anyone yelling at me like that.

"S-She figured it out." I said quietly and he nodded then looked at Leanna, who shifted form the uncomfortable stared down.

"Aiden also has something to tell you about Leanna that I just found out about...." My mother said and I sighed as my dad's eyes shifted onto me.

"Yeah. She is like us dad. Now at least. I gave her some of my powers accidentally." I said and glanced at Leanna. "Show him Leanna." I said and let go of her hand. She looked at me then looked down and her ears appeared on her head. My father reached out to touch them and I growled protectively at him and Leanna's ears twitched and she looked at me curiously. I looked at my father and he looked taken aback.

"I see." He said and I was confused by what he 'saw'. "Star, can you... go to my bag and get the family information book...?" My dad asked glancing at my mother and she nodded and jogged up the stairs while he eyed me.

"Why do you need that?" I asked him.

When he answered it was in pure Spanish. "Lo necesito porque había algo de mi padre allí." He said and I nodded. [ I need it because there was something from my father there.]

"¿Qué es?" I questioned. [What is it?] My mother came back down with an ancient looking book that I was unfamiliar with. I stared at the cover and noticed that the title was written in multiple languages. It read, 'Phillip Family History Reference and Information Book'. I glanced at my dad confused and he flipped through the book until he found what page he was looking for. He handed it to me with his finger on a long paragraph. The page was in Chinese. I stared at it and began to read it quietly.

////////// Leanna's POV /////////

I stared at Aiden and his dad as they began speaking in a language that sounded like Chinese. They said the same things as Aiden read the page in the book. He closed it at the bottom of the page and handed his book to his dad. He looked at me blushing and his dad nodded and said something to Aiden's mom.

"What?" I asked completely lost in the multilingual conversation that was going on between the family members.

"N-Nothing... don't worry about it...." He said and said something to his dad, who looked at me and nodded. They spoke for a few more minutes and Aiden nodded his father smiled and pulled him close. He hugged him and walked away with him. "Leanna, I'll.... see you tomorrow..." He said and I frowned.
I sighed and looked at Aiden's mom and she was blushing and staring at her husband's butt. I sighed and went home. I went to my room and went to sleep. I woke up for dinner then began researching the project that we were assigned. It was about glass blowing. I took a few notes and watched a few videos before going to sleep.
When I woke up tomorrow, I got up and knocked on Aiden's door. He came to the door and smiled at me happily.

"Hey, did you hear?" He asked and I raised an eye brow. He pulled me to the car and sat me down in the passenger seat, he threw our bags to the backseat. I sighed and looked at his excited face as he turned on the radio to a boring news channel.

"This is 98.2 News and I am here with the man who was saved last night by the Black Cat. Is this the super hero that saved countless citizens? Or is he a fake? A person dressed up like a cat to mock a super hero in the movies? Well William Carolston thinks otherwise." The lady on the radio said and Aiden cut it off.

"You exposed yourself?!" I asked shocked and he nodded.

"My dad helped me, we located a hold up and I went in, took out the robbers and when someone asked who I was, I told them. Of course, after my dad gave me this..." He said and had a black face cover. He smiled and put it on and his ears appeared. He looked pretty cool and if I didn't know it was him already, I wouldn't have been able to distinguish him from other teens or people on the streets.

"Is your dad still here?" I asked and he shook his head.

"He's going back and forth from here to Europe for check ups.... But he wanted to talk to you, something about teaching you. I don't really remember, but I can't wait to be talked about!" He said and laughed happily before driving us to school. We parked and I looked at the time and groaned. We were late.

"Oh my god.... We're late... we're freaking late Aiden!!" I yelled at him, but he didn't realize how terrible that was.

"And? Can't we just knock on a few windows?" He asked and I face palmed. I could see the student government curtains open, looking for people who were trying to get in.

"You'll see why I want to shred you to pieces in a few minutes." I said and reached back and grabbed my book bag. We got out the car and I lead him over to the student government window and I tapped on it. The girls and guys huddled at the window and grinned at us evilly. They were so over powered. The school made it so that they could dictate and control almost everything.

One of Natalie's friends opened the window and smirked at Aiden and I. "Hello bitch, and Aiden. How may we be of service to you?" She asked and I held back a vicious threat.

"We would like to get to Chemistry." I said and she nodded at me, then glanced at Aiden.

"That's going to cost you.... Take off your shirt Aiden." She ordered and he stared at her, disgusted.

"No." He snapped and my eyes widened.

"But Aiden.... that means we can't get inside." I said and he looked at me.

"I refuse to take off my shirt for someone that I don't know." He said and she shrugged and they closed the window and the curtains. I sighed and Aiden grabbed my hand. He pulled me toward the door and pulled it, finding that it was still locked.

"See... now we can't go in until lunch... when the doors reopen..." I said sighing. I began walking back toward the car, but Aiden grabbed my hand.

"You're forgetting that I have powers." He said, his voice barely a whisper. He turned to the door and held out his hand and I heard the gears that triggered the lock unlocking and the door clicked. Aiden opened the door and smirked at you. "Your super hero has arrived." He said and I laughed and walked into the school. I walked with him to the lockers then to chemistry. He smiled and kissed my cheek before we went inside. He went to his seat with Natalie and I looked around for my empty table so I could work on my individual project. When I saw that every table already had partners, I went to the teacher confused.

"Mr. Frensco.... Where am I going to sit and work on my project?" I asked and he looked at me and pointed at a table with an empty chair. The only empty chair in the room. And it was right next to Jason who was smirking at me.

"With your partner. You're not doing this individually Leanna." he said and my heart dropped.

"Can I please....? You're killing me here? How am I supposed to vote you for the teacher of the year when you do this to me?" I whined and he put his hand on my shoulder.

"You will vote me either way, you don't want to break my winning streak now do you?" He asked winking and he did have a streak for winning.... and he was one of my favorite teachers just because was really funny.

"I dislike you at a high level at the moment." I said and turned and went to my seat. Jason smiled as I sat down. He moved closer me and I looked at him and moved over a lot. He let out a chuckle and pulled out his notes. I pulled out my own and we had just about the same amount of information.

"Just like usual.... We're both prepared...." He said and traded notes with me. I took his and read his notes. They were similar to mine and he listed his sources. One of them being his uncle. He was a professional glass blower apparently.

"We can use him to help us conduct our experiment..." I mumbled and Jason looked at me curiously. "You uncle I mean." I said and he nodded.

"Cool..." He said and smiled. "I could drive you over there if you're free this Saturday." He said and I shrugged.

"Sure... and if I'm not free, then we can do it on Wednesday." I said and he shook his head.

"No, I have baseball practice that day remember?" He asked and I nodded.

"So the weekends would have to-"

"Hey Leanna, you want to go with me to my dad's house this weekend?" Aiden asked looking back at me. His eyes dared me to say no, so I shrugged.

"I guess so..." I said and he nodded. He looked at Jason and smirked.

"Sorry... I don't think she'll be available to at all. She'll be with me this weekend." He said and then frowned. "Aww.... Sorry." He said and smirked.

"I could hear her. How about this afternoon Leanna?" He asked and Aiden glared at him. I sighed and nodded.

"Okay... Aiden, we need to work on our project." I said and he looked at me. His face said defeat and Natalie glanced back at me and smirked.

"Hey Aiden, can I come over tonight to work on the three point project?" She asked looking at him and he looked at her and shrugged, uninterested.

"Triple point and whatever." He said and she handed him her phone. He took it and put in his address as I glared at her. She was such a bitch, doing all just to spite me.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Jason. He smiled slightly and handed me back my notes. "I'll drive you there right after school..." He said smiling and I nodded and after working more and researching on his laptop, the bell rang and we went to the rest of our classes.

After the lunch bell rang, Aiden dragged me out the classroom and out the school doors. "We're going out to eat." He grumbled and opened the car door for me.
I nodded and got in and he got in too. He drove from the school and picked up some fast food. He parked back in the school parking lot and we ate in there. After we finished eating, he leaned across the armrest and kissed me. I blushed and kissed him back, cupping his cheek. He pulled me onto his lap and I leaned against the steering wheel of the car. He pulled away and stared at me.

"Don't go with him...." He whined and put his forehead against my own.

I sighed and pulled away staring at him. He frowned and gave me the puppy dog eyes. "I have to work on my project, but if he tries anything.... and I know I'm going to regret this... but...." I sighed and grabbed a sheet of paper. I glanced up at him and wrote down my cell phone number and handed it to him. He looked down at it and his eyes lit up. He took my pen from me and wrote down his number and tore the paper in half before handing me the half with his number on it. I put it into my phone and he kissed all over my face. "Stop you jerk!" I whined while I tried to type the information into the contact form.

"I'm going to cherish this paper forever." He said and I rolled my eyes, saving him as my contact.
He put the paper into his book bag and kissed me again. I kissed him back and pulled him close to me, kissing him a bit slower. He responded instantly and purred against my lips as he pulled away. His ears appeared and he put my hand to his ears, making me touch them. I smiled and stroked them gently and he purred quietly closing his eyes. I frowned and made my own ears appear and he looked at me with his eyes slightly closed and he smiled. He reached up and stroked my ear and it felt so good. I laid against him and we rubbed each other's ears in an awkwardly cute way. In the relaxation of the moment, we fell sleep.

We woke up to the sound of tapping on the window of the car. Aiden stirred and cursed, pulling me into his chest. "Put away your ears!!" He hissed in a whisper and I did. When I sat up, I saw that his ears were already gone. He opened the car door and there stood Jason, looking a bit jealous

"It's time for us to go, Leanna." He said and I nodded and I got my bag and got off of Aiden's lap. He stared at me and I grabbed my phone and smiled slightly. I kissed his cheek and walked away with Jason, looking down and sighing as we got into his car.

This was going to be a long afternoon.