Status: In progress, loves.

Don't Waste Your Time on Me.

I could offer you a warm embrace to make you feel my love.

Alex

"Jack." I told him, getting frustrated. There was no way in hell I'd let Jack fall for the dying leukemia boy, therefore it didn't matter that his words made my heart swell as its beat picked up pace and my stomach flooded with butterflies. It didn't matter that I'd been waiting to hear those words from Jack since the day we left the hospital together, because I couldn't and wouldn't let Jack get hurt just because I decided to be a selfish asshole. I was in love with this raven haired gorgeousness, definitely. But did that mean that I would hell him? Absolutely not. One might say that I was already enough of an insensitive douche for being with Jack with the knowledge that I would eventually leave him, but there's a significant difference between being with someone you like and being with someone you're in love with. Getting hurt by someone you're in love with can fuck up your entire life and for that reason alone I wouldn't want him to fall in love with someone who was bound to leave him in the long run. I fought back the tears as I looked at him with pleading eyes "Please don't fall in love with me." I begged, watching his face fall and hurt flash across his face.

"Why?" he asked, his voice only reflecting how miserable and hurt he must've felt inside. This alone made me want to cry even harder, but I had to be strong for both of us.

"Because I won't be there to catch you." I whispered, averting my eyes and feeling the tears spill.

I realized I wasn't the only one crying when I felt something wet hit the back of my hand. I looked up to see Jack's beautiful doe eyes being glazed over by a layer of unshed tears while others were staining his cheeks. "No." I choked, brining up my right hand to wipe away his tears, but Jack gently caught my wrist before spreading my arms apart and falling into my chest. I held his shaking form close as his tears soaked my shirt while mine wettened his hair, neither of us uttering a single word. I don't know how long we sat there clinging to each other and crying, but when Jack broke the silence we were still encased by a gray hurting atmosphere, the air thick with tears we had yet to cry.

"I don't want you to leave me, Alex." he sounded so broken and lost that I couldn't help but pull him even closer, letting out a small sob.

"Pssh, love." I murmured into his hair, pressing a kiss to his forehead "You know I'd never leave you completely." I told him, squeezing my eyes shut as I felt my heart shatter "You know I'll always be here to make sure you're okay, baby. You might not be able to see me anymore, but that doesn't mean that I won't be there every morning to see your gorgeous face when you wake up." I told him, looking down to where he was curled up in my arms, his tears slowly subsiding.

I smiled down at him, a sad smile but a smile nonetheless, tearing my eyes away from the beautiful boy I called my boyfriend, opting to stare out of the window instead where I could see Jack and I's reflection in the dark window pane that was barely illuminated by the dim light of the living room lamp I had turned on before settling down on the couch next to Jack.

"Alex?" he whispered, looking up at me with tear-stained cheeks.

"Yes, love?"

"Promise that you won't forget me?" the dark-haired boy in my arms asked, his voice muffled by the fabric of my v-neck.

"Never." I reassure him, bending down to gently press my lips to his, trying to memorize the addicting taste that his lips allowed.

Jack was kissing back just as gentle as I was kissing him, letting me know that that was exactly how he wanted to keep the kiss: slow, gentle and meaningful. When he eventually pulled back, we both sat there staring at each other, panting softly.

"Come on, Jack." I said, tugging at his hand "Let's go to bed."

Jack only nodded, standing up and placing his hand in mine, heading towards our shared bedroom while dragging me with him. Once we entered the room, he immediately let go of my hand to change into a pair of pajama bottoms and a loose shirt, handing me a change of clothes which I gratefully took. We laid down in bed together, my dark-haired beau instantly cuddling up to me which was uncommon because Jack was usually the one holding me and not the other way around, but I didn't care. I could tell that he was still upset so I would let him do whatever made him happy.

"Sing me to sleep?" Jack asked into the dark of the room, breaking the silence.

"Of course, my love." I answered, smiling softly. "Anything for you."

Give a little time to me or burn this out. We'll play hide and seek to turn this around. And all I want is the taste that your lips allow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't get mad at me, kids, but I felt that it was kinda necessary to write out this whole "Don't fall in love with me" thingy and yeah I didn't really know what else to write, because it was kind of a stand-alone thing and I don't even know, I'm getting frustrated.

Dum dum dum, I don't really know what to say other than that and that I'm slowly running out of inspiration and ideas for this story. Hence I'll probably finish it earlier than I thought, but yeah I'm not quite sure yet, you'll just have to wait and see.

On a much more demanding note: if you haven't read my one-shot yet, a. shame on you and b. you should definitely do that here and tell me what you think.