Status: Feedback maybe xD ??

Kids in Glass Houses, Shouldn't Invite in the Vampires

Yes i killed him.. But Hes alive and well

I remembered Oliver from when i was younger, he was always smiling always cheerful, but say or do anything to upset the guy and you've got trouble. He was, well, powerful any most people around here knew that, and even those who didn't were wary of him. He was one of the founder vampires, the vampires who made all the other vampires look human. That's the reason common grounds coffee shop - which he owned- was the one place in town nobody, human or vampire could be hurt.It just isn't allowed.

The coffee shop was busy as it always was in the daytime, he had two people serving customers properly students at the university. Oliver still looked exactly the same as when i was fourteen, shoulder length curly black hair, graying in places, beautiful. Wearing what i was sure was his favorite piece of jewelry, one ruby red earring id never seen him without. He was stood behind the waist high counter, staring at me with his wide dark and quick eyes, analyzing my every move, as if he was trying to remember something. Like he was trying to remember who i was. I shyd away from his piercing gaze as he watched me intently, avoiding the conversation i knew was coming sooner or later. Id hoped it was later, but although i didn't hear him approach i heard the leather creak as he perched on the seat opposite me, silently leaning on the dark wooden table. After a few moments of silence he smiled "i know you" it was more of a question than a statement and he looked confused. "Oliver my old friend" i just smiled back at him. "who are you?" he seemed puzzled.

I looked into my empty mug of coffee "Misery Glass i used to come here before i left, we were best friends and quite frankly im insulted you don't remember me" i held out my hand for him to shake and he kissed it, of-course hes a 1000 year old vampire...i guess old habits die hard, i could see it in his face as soon as i started to say "misery" that he remembered me, but i didn't get much chance to read his expression because he was hugging me, "Misery! i've missed you" he bellowed.
"its reputed that you killed my brother, now i don't believe that to be correct?" i continued.
He smiled friendly as-if id said something funny, " no, its true, i killed your brother, however he is alive and well" his eyes scanned my facial expression, although it remained blank.
"what do you mean Oliver?"
"ask him yourself"
"i can't find him"
his eyes narrowed "look harder" he muttered before looking up at me and smiling. "you don't look too good, sleeping on the streets?" it was more of a statement than a question so i just nodded. "how come your neck hasn't been drained"
To which i replied "this sounds weird... i've never said it out loud before.. but im a witch,"

The conversation that followed was one i was sure i was going to have to repeat numerous times in the coming days, i learned Micheal was alive and well but that Oliver couldn't tell me why he was alive, i didn't hold the fact he'd drained my brother of blood against him, Micheal knew what living in this town entailed, and i mean birds gotta eat right, he remembered who i was fondly , he had always generous me as a child, even though im sure that wasn't his usual nature, he said that back then he sensed a power, but that he just thought id be a good vampire, and he still did, but of course that was out of the question unlike most people in town i don't dislike them but i could never be one. I explained i was a witch, that i dint know how it was possible and it seemed weird, but as far as i was aware i was the only one, he doubted me so i demonstrated making things burst into flames and levitate. He questioned me on a few things and i explained i had discovered this just after i moved with my parents ( i was 17 at the time and a minor, so i had to go with them).

The day we left we were in a car accident caused by the town leader( when you left morganville you forgot all about the vampires, if you remember by some miracle they make sure you turn up dead ) except, we all should have been in the car when it crashed, and i was until three seconds before the car careered into the river, i just remember looking out of the window, one moment of panic and then being sat on the pavement with mum and dad watching the car fall fall as a seventeen year old girl. My instincts had awoken some kind of power, forced me to get out, and id been doing magic ever since, by accident at first, but now i could control it. This was the reason i hadn't been killed yet, vampires can sense their chances up against someone in a fight, and i was stronger than even Amelie and Oliver, so they wouldn't come near.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback?