Sequel: If I Let This Go

Situations Are Irrelevant Now

He Loves Me Not

The door handle to my bedroom continued to jiggle as my best friend Max kept attempting to unlock my door and force me to meet his new friends that are in his band.

One of them, Ronnie Radke, I have known since Middle School and have tried to stay away from as much as possible. I'm pretty sure that his new friends will probably be the same and I don't really want to find out. I rolled my eyes while noting that he has been going at that door for 11 minutes straight.

"Max, just give it up already! I don't want to meet your stupid new friends, and I especially don't want to see Ronnie!"

Max said through the door, "Aw, c'mon Megan! You're the one that thinks Ronnie is hot!"

That was it, before he could say anymore, I opened the door just to see Max standing there smiling at me and someone walking up the stairs.

"Who thinks I'm hot?"

Oh, shit, there he is, and here I am talking to Max.

Max smiled big again and said, "Take a guess."

Ronnie rolled his eyes and said, "Oh, it's just Megan. Man, I thought someone actually thought that I was hot! Damn it."

Oh he just loves to lower my self esteem doesnt he? I punched Max in the shoulder as I passed by him and walked over to the kitchen to get something to eat.

"Look, Ronnie, I don't like you anymore because you're such an asshole and plain ugly."

He laughed at that one and said, "We can all see right through those lies...you know I'm hot." Self conceited jerk.

Max finally found me down in the kitchen and said, "Oh hey! So you decided to meet the band after all? Who knew I was sooo persuasive!"

I got up from the table with a slice of cold pizza in my hand and said, "Nope, sorry Max, I just came down for some food."

Ronnie finally left me alone to go play the PS2 in the living room.

The living arrangements are a little weird in this house. It's technically Ronnie's house that he shares with Max and me, and he almost didn't let me in but Max made him.

I'm the one that has a job, goes to college and pays the bills while they go out and party. Oh, speaking of college, I have a paper to write thats due on Monday, which is only a couple days away, so I guess I should work on that. Luckily, Ronnie ignored me as I walked past the living room and into my room.

Everything was going great, I had a whole 3 pages typed up when all the sudden loud music erupted from the basement. The rest of the band must be here. I rolled my eyes and tried to block out the music coming from downstairs, but had no luck. I angrily saved my paper and shut my computer down, frustration clear in my actions.

I opened the door to the basement and was about to tell them to keep it down, but I know they wouldn't be able to hear me. I stormed down the stairs and the music instantly stopped and Max threw off his bass and pulled me over to the group before I could turn to get away.

"Hey, guys, this is my friend Megan. Megan, this is the guys: Robert on drums, Omar, and Bryan on guitar, and of course you know Ronnie." Yeah, of course I do.

I smiled at all of the guys and said nice to meet you, and they all seemed really nice. For Ronnie, I gave him a smirk and ignored him the rest of the night because Max made me stay down there and listen to their practice, which wasn't bad and Ronnie's voice isamazing, not really...

When they finished, they had played five really good songs and were all sweaty and worn out. They put everything they have in their performance. Max put his bass down and ran over to me, but before he could get any closer, I put a pillow up in front of me and said, "Ew, don't come any closer...you're all sweaty!"

Max laughed and said, "Fine, but what did you think of our band??"

What do I say to that? Do I tell him the truth that they were amazing or that it sucked? The look on Max's face was so cute that I just couldn't lie.

"It was pretty good, actually," I said being truthful.

Max jumped up and down and started to turn all the stuff off and I laughed watching him be all happy. And then I felt something wet on my arms and looked down to see Ronnie's arms around mine forcing me into a gross, sweaty hug.

"Ugh, get off of me Ronnie! You're all gross."

He smiled and said, "I know and you love it."

I scoffed and managed to push him off of me. I flipped him off and went over to where the other guys were and got to know them pretty well.

Around 2 in the morning, I went to bed and left the guys to party alone. And I was not expecting what they would be telling me tomorrow morning...