Sequel: If I Let This Go

Situations Are Irrelevant Now

Captured: The Ransom, Part 1

*Ronnie’s POV*

Sometimes I just really love my life – like how that eviction notice came just in time to persuade the others into helping with the ransom. I mean obviously I would’ve convinced them anyway, but life just tends to make things easier for me. “Hey, are you ready yet?” Megan asked as she walked into the room, distracting me from my staring contest with the ceiling.

“I’ve always been ready,” I replied, sitting up and making more room on the bed for her. Almost immediately, she leaned back into my arms and made herself comfortable. Finally, she was starting to fall for me again. She would’ve been better off if she would’ve kept strong, but oh well, that’s her fault.

“Ronnie, you were serious about what you said before, right?”

“What, about always being ready?”

She laughed, “No, stupid, about me and you getting serious after Liza’s been taken care of.” I have her right where I want her.

“Of course I’m serious about that. Haven’t eight years been enough waiting for you? Just give me a couple more hours and then it’ll be just you and me…well and the band, but you get the idea.”

She smiled, “That’s perfectly fine with me, Ronnie.” We laid there together for a few before my phone started crazily vibrating and I knew that it was Liza. Let the games begin.

*Max’s POV*

Ok, so I’m not going to lie. I’ve had this feeling that there must be a reason why Ronnie all of the sudden has a real “girlfriend.” It’s just too weird. That’s why I wasn’t even all that surprised when he told us his crazy ransom scheme involving Liza.

Money has always been something that all of us wanted and needed, but could never have. If this plan works out according to plan, not only will we get money, but we’ll also have our record coming out. Maybe everything will work out ok.

Megan left her and Ronnie’s room with a big smile on her face. “Got some good news?”

“Yeah, Ronnie finally said that we can start going out as soon as these things with Liza are done.”

My smile faltered a little. Don’t get me wrong, Ronnie and Megan are both my best friends, but Ronnie acts like such an asshole when it comes to women and I just don’t want Megan to keep getting hurt. I know that she loves Ronnie, for whatever reason, even though he’s not the nicest person to her in return. She probably doesn’t want to hear this, but I think I should tell her anyway.

I sighed, “I really am happy for you, Megan. But just promise me that you’ll think before you do something. I don’t mean to bring you down, I just want you to be careful.”

“Are you still trying to tell me something bad about Ronnie? Well, I don’t care, Max. Ok, I do appreciate you looking out for me, but try seeing things from my perspective: the guy who has been my heart’s damn obsession for the past eight years is finally acknowledging my presence. Even if he would only hurt me in the end, I don’t care.”

Solemnly, I nodded, well aware of the fact that I’ll never be able to break through Megan’s stubbornness. I just hope that Ronnie doesn’t hurt her too badly in the end.

*Ronnie’s POV*

Liza’s face lit up as soon as she opened the front door of her mansion and saw me, standing there with red roses, her favorite. I must admit, Liza is hotter, older, and richer than most of my other quickies; it might actually be hard to let her go. Well, not really, considering Megan will just take her place until I find someone better I guess.

I glanced around insider her house and noticed that it was unusually quiet. “Are your parents here?”

She giggled, “Nope, I’ve been home alone all day – and they won’t even be back until next Friday! And that, of course, gives us plenty of time to mess around.”

I led her back out to my car and sighed loudly. “What’s the matter, baby?”

“Oh, it’s nothing really…I just left my wallet at home, so would it be alright if we just stopped there for a quick second?” I lied. She nodded and then I took off.

On the short ride back to my place, a brilliant idea popped into my head, one that would make this ransom ten times better. “Should I just wait in the car…?” Liza asked, awkwardly.

“Oh, no you can come in with me. I think I left it in the basement. You can help me look for it.”

“Oooh, it’s like hide and seek, sort of!”

I smirked, “Yeah, just like hide and seek.”

I pretended to look around the basement for the wallet that was already tucked into my back jeans pocket. I made sure she wasn’t looking before I dropped it on the floor and acted like I just found it. “Hey, babe, look what I found,” I said, waving my wallet around.

She got up off the ground and congratulated me, I guess you could say. “Whoo, all that searching kind of tired me out,” she said, going to sit down at the random foldable chair in the center of the room, near our makeshift stage we use for practice. The chair was kind of small, but she fit on it…and so did I once I sat down on top of her lap.

At first she began to playfully protest about how heavy I was, so I shut her up by sticking my tongue inside her mouth, and she soon followed my example. I ran my fingers through her long black hair, but then slowly dragged my fingers down her arms until I reached her hands. Subtly, I pulled both of them behind her back where the handcuffs had been dangling from the chair. Honestly, I was afraid that she was going to see them in the first place, but I got lucky. I pulled away from her as soon as I heard the click of the cuffs.

“Ooh Ronnie what are you up to?” she asked, somewhat seductively. “Are you playing another game?”

I shrugged, “Sort of. This one’s called…Steal All the Rich Girl’s Money. Have you ever heard of it?”

I could tell that at first she was about to actually answer my rhetorical question, but she stopped herself and gasped, “What are you talking about, Ronnie?”

“You heard what I said.” And just as I said that, Megan and the others from the band stepped out of the shadows.

“You can’t be serious! This isn’t funny anymore,” she cried.

“It’s really simple, Liza. You write me a check for a million dollars and then we’ll never have to see each other again.”

“B-but, I thought we had a thing, Ronnie. I mean, I was starting to really love you.”

“Well that’s too bad. Sure we had a few amazing times in bed, but that doesn’t change the fact that you have something that I need. It’s not my fault you were born into a rich ass family and parade around like a little slut, like you were when I first saw you. Now, we can do this the easy way or the hard way,” I replied, pulling out a gun I had been concealing the whole time.

She gasped, and started choking back tears. “R-ronnie, please don’t. I’ll do what you want, just don’t kill me!”

“I thought you’d see it my way,” I smirked. “Now here’s the deal, I’m going to take off the cuffs, and you better not even think of running. You need to get out your check book and write me a check for a million. You should be grateful that I’m taking so little from you, when I know that you’re worth billions.”

Tears were falling down her cheeks as she meekly nodded and waited to be untied. As soon as she was, she grasped the pen with her shaking hand and wrote out the check. Perfect. Without much hesitation, I retied her and put the check in my back pocket.

“There, now Liza that wasn’t so hard, was it? Now, if you’ll excuse me, me and the guys have a check to cash and Megan will stay here to supervise you. Be back in a little bit!” I called out as we ran up the stairs, eager to get the money that we clearly deserve. That was almost too easy, though.

*Megan’s POV*

At first, I couldn’t wait for Ronnie’s little ransom to take place, just so I can see the pathetic look on that whore’s face when she loses her money. But there were two problems: Ronnie only took a “small” portion of her own money, and I was starting to feel sorry for her. Ronnie totally just scared the shit out of her, and probably broke her heart. I was almost feeling awkward now because I didn’t know what to do from here.

“I bet you’re happy now, aren’t you?” she asked suddenly breaking the silence. I didn’t respond right away because I was so caught off guard, so she continued talking. “You all get some free money, and I know that you like Ronnie. That’s why you just hated me from the start. I’m sorry for getting in your way with him. If I could do it again, I wouldn’t have gone out with him.”

“You don’t know shit about me, ok? I also know that you like Ronnie and the only reason why you’re saying this stuff now is because you’re scared and you found out that the guy you thought loved you was just using you for your money.”

“You’re right, I don’t know much about you. But I really was being serious, if you were so set on getting with him, then I’m sorry for getting in your way – I didn’t know. Well, I guess I should be used to this. As soon as guys hear about my family and my money, they always just fuck me and then try to get money out of the deal.”

My hardened expression faded a little. “Wait, are you saying that this has happened before?”

“Yeah, a few times actually. I’m just so weak and predictable that I fall for it every single time. But that’s just life, I guess.”

“Wow…I didn’t…know that,” I said, really beginning to regret being such a bitch to her. “I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“For being so mean to you just because of Ronnie. I should’ve stopped him before he decided to carry out this ridiculous plan, and I didn’t so it’s all my fault that you’re in this predicament now.”

“No, it really isn’t, Megan. It’s my own, and no one else’s.”

“I still feel bad though, and to make up for it, I promise to make sure that Ronnie can’t do anything else to hurt you.”

Too bad promises are made to be broken.
♠ ♠ ♠
what's going to happen when Ronnie comes back? Did he get the money? And what will Megan do about it all? find out in part 2 of the ransom :)

3-5 comments for an update