Sequel: If I Let This Go

Situations Are Irrelevant Now

I'm Doing Him a Favor?

6 months later and I'm still living here, sharing a room with Ronnie, living in misery - same old story. I think that Ronnie is pretty shocked that I'm still here too because he thought he had me and thats mostly why I'm still here...because I don't want to give him what he wants, and I think that's for me to leave.

I've gotten pretty close to the other guys in the band and living with them isn't so bad, but I still give them a hard time for stealing my room.

It's August 2005 currently and now I'm getting ready to go back to college already because summer is over. As I was organizing my binders and books for my courses, I had the radio playing in the background with the window open because Ronnie and Max had to break the AC in the house and the only other way to beat Las Vegas heat is to have the window open.

'Helena' by MCR just finished playing and the DJ came on talking about MCR's fall tour with Alkaline Trio and Reggie and the Full Effect. "Ooh, I've got to get tickets for that," I mumbled to myself.

I decided to take a break and hear what else the person was saying, "Hey listeners, this could be your lucky day. My Chemical Romance will be in town in one week and they are going to arrive a couple days early to host a contest in which you send in a CD of one of your bands songs and MCR will pick their favorite one to finish off the tour as an opening act! Please send your demo to the radio station with your address and phone number so we can reach you if you win. Good luck to all participants. And now here's 'My Hero' by Foo Fighters."

I bet that Escape the Fate, the name that Ronnie decided to give the band, could easily win that contest because even though Ronnie is a jerk, he still has a great voice and everyone in that band is so dedicated. Should I send in the demo CD that just so happens to be in the second drawer of Ronnie's nightstand? I smirked to myself and snatched the CD out of the drawer and to the post office on the way to getting groceries because they all eat whatever is in the fridge within a couple of hours.

I walked in the door with a bunch of bags in my hands and was startled to see Ronnie standing there looking pissed with his arms crossed over his chest. Something tells me I did something wrong. Luckily, I didn't drop any bags; I put them on the counter and ignored Ronnie as I began to put the food away.

After a few minutes of extremely uncomfortable silence, he finally said, "I know you took it."

I rolled my eyes, knowing he was referring to the CD and just begging me to ruin the surprise, but I'm not.

"Took what?" I asked, playing dumb.

"You took the demo CD in my drawer in the room, dumbass."

"Why do you always blame me for the fact that you lose everything in the first place?! Besides, I couldn't have taken your stupid CD because I was too busy buying food for your lazy asses!"

"Whatever, I know that you took it and when I find out you're in trouble!"

He left the room and I had to hold back laughter because I don't think that that will be what he says to me when the band wins that contest.

About a week later, I began to listen to the radio nearly every hour waiting for them to announce the winner. The song that was previously playing had just ended and then all of the sudden, I heard Gerard Way's voice on the radio saying the name of the song and the artist and that he had a special announcement.

I let out a scream of excitement that came out louder than I intended and caught Omar's attention. He walked into Ronnie's and mine room and said, "What? Where's the trouble?" He looked around the room and saw me over at the desk.

I laughed and said, "Sorry, but uh Gerard is doing an interview with 93 X and I got excited."

He rolled his eyes and said, "Obsession."

Yeah, I kind of have an obsession with MCR and they are my favorite band, so I'm really hoping that ETF wins so I can meet them.

I turned my attention back to Gerard's voice to hear him say, "Alright, Las Vegas, the winner of the contest and the slot to open for us during the rest of the Fall Tour is...Escape the Fate! Well guys, congrats and we will meet with you in 2 days at the Amphitheatre and you should get an email today explaining the details. Thanks to everyone who entered, all of the entries were very impressive and I'm sure all of you can make it if you continue to pursue your dreams! Here's the winning band and their song 'The Guillotine'!"