Sequel: If I Let This Go

Situations Are Irrelevant Now

You Don't Really Mean That

Ronnie strolled by the room casually and then immediately took a step back when he heard his song playing.

"See, I knew you took my CD! Now, give it over," he said as he walked over to the boom box to take the 'CD' out. He stopped short when he saw that it wasn't on and said aggravated, "Ok, where is that playing from?"

I smiled smugly and said, "It's being played on the radio. Ooh, here listen - this will explain everything!"

The song ended and the DJ came on saying, "Alright Las Vegas, that was 'The Guillotine' by the hottest new band, Escape the Fate who will be opening up for MCR on the rest of their fall tour. Congrats to those guys once again and now here is 'In Too Deep,' by Sum 41 on 93 X."

Ronnie stood still with a dumbfounded look on his face. And his next reaction was not the one that I would have expected.

"What the hell, Megan?!" he yelled.

This caught Max's attention as he walked in and said, "What's going on, dude?"

Ronnie looked like he had steam coming out of his ears. He pointed at me and said, "She stole my demo tape and sent it to 93 X for some band contest and we won and get to play for My Chem. when they come here!"

Max looked really puzzled, "Ok, so what's so bad about that then? Did you just hear what you said?"

Ronnie looked at Max like he was crazy and replied, "She entered us in a contest without even telling us! You know what? Whatever, I don't want to hear this right now!"

He stormed out of the room leaving Max and I alone.

"You know, when most people in a brand new band get a chance to play with My Chem., they are usually happy. But not Ronnie Radke, because anything that involves me is sooo bad," I said as I sat down on the bed.

Max came over and wrapped his arm around me, "Don't worry about him...that's just his way to show how psyched he is. Dude, we're going to play with My Chem.!"

He started jumping up and down and gave me a hug yelling thanks and that he was going to go tell the others. At least he was happy.

Throughout the day, all of the other band members came up to me and thanked me and were freaking happy. What did Ronnie do the rest of the day? He ran up to the room that we share, locked me out, and didn't talk to me the rest of the day. He's just so nice like that - not.

So I resorted to watching a movie in Max's room since everyone else was downstairs and I was at peace until I heard Max running up the stairs yelling, "Friday night! Friday night!" until he found me in his room and I paused the movie.

"Friday night? That's tonight, what's the big deal?"

"Duh, we're going to party because...it's Friday night!"

I rolled my eyes and said, "Do I have to? His majesty locked me out of the room."

Max ran over to the dresser and moved some things around in the drawer before pulling out a little key, "Not to fear, I have the key! You're going tonight and so is he." Great, going partying with Ronnie...who knows what will happen.

I followed Max out of his room and across the hall to 'mine.' Max pushed the key in the hole and opened the door while shielding his eyes saying dramatically, "Ah! It's worse than I imagined...he's shirtless! Cover your eyes - ah it burns!"

I began cracking up at Max's tone and went inside the room just in time to dodge a pillow that ended up hitting Max right in the face.

"Get out of my room," Ronnie mumbled.

I laughed a little and said, "Um, no, you made me share a room with you, so unfortunately, this is our room and I can be in here if I want to be! Besides, Max is making us go out and party tonight."

He didn't respond, just got out of the bed and went into the walk in closet to change. Once Max recovered, he left the room leaving me alone with Hurricane Ronnie.

During the whole hour it took the both of us to get ready, neither of us exchanged a word. As much as I hated him and I'm sure he hated me, I still didn't like the fact that he was avoiding me at all costs. I know this sounds dumb, but when he annoys me and makes fun of me, at least he's paying attention to me. Only one word could describe this situation...desperate.

I sighed and said, "Ronnie, c'mon, quit being an asshole and just say something!"

He didn't respond - just acted like no one else was in the room besides him. I think that he knows that it really bothers me when he doesn't pay attention to me and that may be why he's doing this.

He walked out of the room and joined the others where they were waiting outside. I grabbed my purse and darted out the door, landing a seat in the back with Bryan and of course Ronnie. I stayed silent the whole ride there and he did too.

The place that we ended up choosing as our party place was a local bar in Vegas. Max ran over to the counter and ordered shots for all of us. I went with him to help carry all of them.

A dude that was sitting near by stopped us as we were on our way back to the table and said to Max, "Hey, aren't you in that band...um, Escape the Fate, the one that won the radio contest?"

I could tell that Max definitely just peed in his pants as he replied, "Whoa, totally dude! I can't believe you could recognize me like that."

He continued a conversation with Max, so I took the rest of the drinks over to the table. Max followed seconds later practically screaming, "I've been recognized!! God, it feels so good to say that." He told the rest of the story to the guys and thus our party began.

A couple of hours later, we were all out of our minds, including me and I barely even drink. I don't even know why I drank tonight in the first place? All I knew was that I didn't have a care in the world and I felt genuinely happy for once. The best part was that Ronnie finally started speaking again, even to me. The other guys were out looking for girls, I guess, and that left Ronnie and I alone on the large lounge couch.

"You know I'm sorry I got all pissed at you for what you did with the CD when I should be thanking you. I mean, we're playing with fucking My Chemical Romance! Can I make it up to you?"

I was too lost in my drunken stupor to stop him from bringing his lips down on mine into a breath-taking kiss...something that I've dreamed about for a long time. Once we pulled apart, we stumbled over to where Robert was calling us to go; he was the only one that didn't drink so that we could drive home.

Ronnie and I landed on top of our bed and we continued our making out session until we were tired and just before we were about to fall asleep, Ronnie whispered, "I love you, Megan."

I just pretended to be asleep. By now, I was more sober and I knew that he didn't mean that. Tomorrow I would find out the truth, the hard way.