Status: completed

White Winter Hymnal

снегопад

Image

I walked down the beaten path as the snow silently fell onto my head. I followed the pack, but they didn't seem to notice me.

The group of children kept their heads down as they trudged along through the forest.

They looked strange, I have to admit. Every single one of them was wrapped in a heavy coat with a red scarf tightly tied around their little necks.

"Why must you wear those scarves, day after day?" I asked the smallest one. He was called Michael.

I never got my answer, so I decided to follow them.

The pack quickened their pace. As they were rounding a curve, little Michael's scarf attached itself to a tree branch, but he did not notice.

By the time I caught up with them, red scarf in hand, it was too late.

I learned why that family always wore red scarves tied tightly around their necks, as I tripped over something and fell to my knees.

As I turned, I saw that it was the head of little Michael.

I was following the pack all smothered in their coats with scarves of red tied 'round their throats to keep their little head from falling in the snow.

They turned the white snow red as strawberries in the summertime.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fleet Foxes is my jam.