Status: Keep or kill??

Polaroid

Prologue

Lydia is the only one still alive. She's the only one who had a real chance anyway.
Our family is and was fucked up, I knew the day she was born she was gonna change some things. With her beauty and innocence , it's unfortunate she had to go through all she did to get where she is now. But at least she broke free she's safe now and that’s all I’ve ever wanted.

I can still see Papa mowing the lawn, sweat pouring down his neck as the hot Pennsylvania sun beamed on him. I could see him in the ungodly hours of the night, sneaking our neighbor Mrs. Perkins in his room in the attic. While mother lay asleep in their room.

Oh my poor mother, I think she knew. I think she knew a lot of things, she always had a nasty habit of keeping her mouth shut. I can still see her curling her hair in the bathroom mirror, dancing and singing to some song from the 80's. She was always carefree and happy when dad was at work.

I could see my brother Donney in his room playing some type of video game. His scowl when you'd ask him to do the dishes. His smirk when he'd busted you for something , and was about to tell the parents. I could still see, how his face turned red when was mad.

Our uncle Todd lived with us, he was studying to become a photographer. I don't know how though he barely left the basement. I'd always wonder what he'd do down there all day. Until one day I found out and now I wish I could take it all back. I can still still see the way he constantly ran his fingers through his hair. I can still see a lot of things about him.

I can still see Lydia she looks so cute , when she crawls around. I can see the determination in her eyes as she attempts to stand up for the first time. And when she got older I can still hear her voice as she lay next to me at night. That girl could efficiently ask a hundred different questions a day. That’s how I could always tell when she was upset, when she didn't ask questions I knew something was bothering her. I always knew. But some times like mother like daughter I wouldn't pay attention.I regret that.

I did have another little sister, her name was Emmy she was born before Donney. I remember the night my Mother brought her home from the hospital. She had screamed and cried all night, then suddenly she stopped. And just as quickly we had a funeral.

She was the lucky one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't be a silent reader!