Status: Keep or kill??

Polaroid

New life doesn't change anything it never did

Donney's room was very small, and very dark. His walls were painted black and he had what seemed like a thousand posters covering his walls. This evening we both sat on top of his bed. I resting my head on his shoulder ,while watching him play some violent video game on the small TV he had in his room. I could smell my mothers cooking down stairs as she rushed to get dinner ready in time for father when he got home from work. I smiled softly when could just hear her soft voice singing along to some old song on the radio. It was hard to hear over the ragging guns on Donney's game but it was still there filling the house with sense of pure happiness, that was very rare for my mother these days. Her stomach was swelling and her hormones were raging all she did was cry, and her and dad have been fighting a whole lot more.
But if I wake up early enough ,early enough to see my fathers back get in to his car, and leave for work. I can catch my mother, getting dressed for the day, I can see her rubbing her tummy and whispering soft words, to the little ball of life she plans to call Lydia I love mornings like that.
I jumped slightly as the sound of an harrowing scream erupted my thoughts.

“Holly fuck! I hate this level, bitch keeps dieing!” I rolled my eyes and smacked Donney upside his head.

“Your only 14 you don't need to be cussing so much! It's doesn't make you cool makes you look like and idiot”

Donney rolled his eyes and hit restart on the screen. He immediately started pressing buttons forcefully. I was almost too amused with the scene in front of me to here him, mumble under his breathe.

“Well apparently to you , if you don't recall early today I’m already a low life, 'nothing will change that' so why bother.”

He mimicked my voice perfectly which cause me to giggle, I brought my hand to cover my face as I tried to stifle my laughter. He looked over to me , and smiled real wide his dark blonde hair just barley gracing over his lashes he looked so young when he smiled. I often felt he looked to old most of the time. His face was almost constantly in a scowl, making him appear much older than me by along shot. That always annoyed me so I was very happy to see him smile, I wish he'd do it more often.
I opened my mouth to say something back to his smart remark, but I was quickly interrupted by a loud crash coming from downstairs.
Donney was up immediately , and was already at his bedroom door by the time I responded. I quietly followed behind him as a million scenarios went through my head. What if someone had broken into our house? Donney may look older, and he may kick ass in his games but I reality he was a very skinny very short teenage boy. If something goes wrong I’d have to handle it.
Donney quickly but quietly opened his door, as yet another loud bang come from the downstairs.
“Mom you still down there?”
I hid my face in his back, before smacking the back of his head.

“Way to let the robbers know were up here you idiot”
I don't know what I expected to hear answering back, maybe a zombie snarl or perhaps the sound of a crazed serial murder. I didn't expect to hear my fathers voice calling up stairs.

“Donney! You go back to your room and play your video games boy! I'll call you when dinners done!”

I looked at my younger brother shocked, why was Father home so early? We never really got an answer but we did sit through , two hours of our parents fighting as we both tried to pay attention to the video game. They fought like they always did ,there was a bunch of screaming and shouting. And the bruises afterwords were there, this time covering my mother beautiful face and dinner was silent again. That night when we went to bed, I snuck into Donney's room he wasn't surprised to see me. I've been doing this a lot recently I was just so worried for the baby. Poor baby Lydia.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think?