Status: Keep or kill??

Polaroid

Creature

“Lyra!”

“What!?”
I quickly snapped from whatever day dream I was having and alertly turned my attention to the intruding voice. Thinking it was Donney I immediately had a scowl ready on my face. But it soften once I saw it was only uncle Todd. He wore a baggy t-shirt and dirty ripped jeans. His shoulder length hair was blonde but it looked darker now, because oddly it was wet. He nervously ran his fingers through his hair.

What am I supposed to say to him? He hardly ever comes up from the basement unless it's to talk to my mother or father. Me and Donney hardly ever get attention from him. I always wonder why that is though. Why does he always stay to himself so much? Whenever I ask my father he just tells me that Uncle Todd had a rough life and just needed time. So I always feel sympathetic to him My mistake . He stood still in the middle of the kitchen, staring uncomfortably calmly at what seemed to be nothing. I stood a couple feet away from him, leaned up against a counter. It took only a couple of minutes of awkward silence for me to get that he wasn't going to ask me, I was going to have to ask him.

I leaned toward him, slightly.

“Do you want my dad? Uncle Todd”

He finally looked up at me and ran , a hand through his hair. He looked stressed as he nodded very quickly.
“Um yeah!...yeah I need to talk to him”

His eyes cast quickly back down to the floor.
He just looked so sad, I walked over to him and put a hand on his arm, which was covered in sweat. It made me uncomfortable I wanted to rip my hand away quickly , but I wanted to be nice and I know my manners.
I gave him what I hoped was an apologetic smile.

“Sorry uncle Todd he went to work a little early today, And mother is over at Mrs. Perkins house down the street”

I took my hand away from his arm and pointed out the kitchen window, as if it would help him understand me better. But it was just an excuse to lose the contact that had become unwanted.
His shoulder slumped as he ran his fingers though his hair yet again.

“I'm sorry Uncle Todd, do want me to go over and get mother instead?”

He shook his head furiously , waving his arms.

“No no , I’m fine I’ll just see him later then”
He took a few steps back closer to the basement, I frowned and filled the space he made between us and offered.
“Do you want me to let him know you need him when he gets home?”

I wanted to help him , with what it seemed like an always internal battle he seemed to be facing on his own.
He always looked so tired, so stressed ,so sad ,so empty. I just wanted to cheer him up, I just wanted him to know that I was family too, I wanted him to come up from that basement, and be apart of the family.

But just because I made the mistake doesn't mean you have to. Remember no matter how sad he acts or looks. That he is still a terrible person, there's a dark part to him that no one could have ever guessed. And he could have been saved but I wasn't the one to do it, he needed help a long time ago. No one was there for him when he needed them, and maybe that’s why, but it still doesn't excuse him from all he's done. I can't take it back , I can't . Remember he's still a terrible person, he's a monster, a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Don't for a second be fooled, there’s something in him and it's evil. If I think about it I should have known it all along, even now if I had payed attention I would have noticed the creature within him, swimming behind his eyes, daring me to notice..daring me.

Uncle Todd gave a small smile, and nodded smoothly before, walking over to the basement door. He opened the door and stood their for a second. I could hear the TV on down there it sounded like some cheesy slasher flick. The darkness from the basement seemed to hover around him, it was sucking him in almost. He looked over at me, and gave me the same smile as before.

“Yeah let your Father, know I need him when he comes home, tell him it's urgent”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is very short to me, i want to make them longer sooner for sure as i get further into the story.
Let me know what you think, don't be a silent reader