Status: Keep or kill??

Polaroid

Book 1: Angels

Lydia Pulled at the back of my dress as I was finishing putting away her toys on the top shelf of her dresser. I turned around and smiled down at her, she couldn’t walk yet but boy could she crawl. She let go of my dress when she got my attention , and sat with her hands on her knees. I could just barley see her blue eyes through the tangled mess of blonde locks that hid her face. Her smile was big, and beautiful.

“Hey there pretty girl, ready for dinner?”

After Lydia was born, father got more violent and mother got more distant. She became a greater house wife than ever before. When father was around dinner was never late, the house was never dirty and Lydia was always on her hip whether she was cleaning, cooking or whatever else a house wife does.
But sometimes work calls and Father has to take these trips to other places for meetings and such. He's been doing them a lot recently, when he's gone Mother doesn't wear make up, her hair is never done, the house is dark and messy , food doesn't get cooked unless you make it. She just sits on the couch and watches TV, refusing to acknowledge the fact that she has children to take care of. So me and Donney pick up the slack. I clean the house and watch Lydia , and Donney prepares all meals.

I scoop a giggling Lydia in my arms and proceed to walk down the stairs. I just catch Donney bringing a tray to mother who hasn't left her spot on the couch all day. Lydia sees her from across the hall and wiggles in my arms, pointing.

“Mama! Mama!”
she tries to break away from my arms, but I get a tight hold on her.

“Mama's sick right now, you gotta stay with me and Big brother okay?”

I walk over to the table, and put Lydia in her high chair. Donney comes back from the darkened living room. His face sad, when he sees Lydia he smiles though, it's so so sad mother doesn't even sing any more.

I poke Donney's side “So whats for dinner?”

He looks proudly at the set dinner table.

“Chicken, and mashed potatoes with broccoli”

I rub my tummy

“Yum!”
He starts to put some food out for Lydia , then glances over at me.

“You wanna get uncle Todd?”

I nodded and hurriedly went to the basement door. Did I really want to get him? No, interrupting whatever he does down there always gives me the freaks. But I didn't want to exclude him from the family.

I Knocked on the basement door 3 times and waited. If he didn't respond to that then I was aloud to open the door. I waited for a few seconds, No answer.
I opened the door just a peak and screamed loudly falling back against the wall ,my hand placed over my chest in attempt to calm my now racing heart beat. He was right behind the door. His figure looked dark, all I could really see was his face, his eyes were wide open and slightly blood shot. Christ I didn’t' even hear him come up the stairs.

He smiled slightly at me reaction.

“Evening Lyra, I'm sorry but I won't be uh...”
He ran a shaken hand through his hair.

“I won't be joining you for dinner tonight.....I'm very sorry”

I shook my head, my breath was more even now. “No worries Uncle Todd...I’ll just make you a plate I’ll leave it on the counter for you? Is that okay?”

His smile wasn't welcomed, and I had know idea why I just didn't like it. It was just to.....big.

“Thank you Lyra.”

He turned , and started to walk down the stairs. I quickly closed the door and walked back to the kitchen. All the bad feelings went away when I saw Lydia. She was my sunshine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lydia right now

Hopefully i can update more now!! enjoy and thanks for all the positive feed back , you guys are lovely.