Imprinting Gone Wrong

Forgetting About The Past

It's always dark, cold and gloomy in Forks, Washington. But it doesn't bother my friends and I. We always find stuff to do especially things like cliff diving and hiking in the mountains. Jensine my best friend has been there from the start. We've been attached at the hip since we were in diapers. People even call us long lost sisters. Well we both have dark long hair, big brown eyes. I'm more tan than her. So I guess that's why they say that.

Today were throwing a "You've finally turned" party for our friend Seth. Which means he has turned into a wolf and he is the last one of our group of friends to change. Jensine and I aren't in that line of wolves but we are used to seeing weird things because of who we hang out with. Emily picked us up so we can go to her and Sam's house to decorate early.

I was putting up our handmade decorations which involved wolves and the old legends. As Emily was getting the pile of food finished she said "Thank God this is the last party we have to throw."

"I know now we don't have to deal with pissy turning teenage boys," I replied.

"Hey they aren't all pissy!" Jensine retorted. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh yeah Jacob," I said mocking her. She pushed me from the embarrassment.

"What about me?" shirtless Jacob asking walking in the door along with the pack.

"I was just talking about how you never have a shirt on," I replied.

"Well they were taking me on my first wolf run," Seth added.

Each and single one of them Embry, Paul, Quil, Jared, Collin, Sam, Brady, Sam and Jacob crowded us girls. They gave us all big hugs. But Paul didn't even go near me because of our past. We were together for almost two years. I lost my virginity to him and I know i'll always have that connection with him. He was madly in love with me and I did love him. But I didn't want to spend my life with him like he did. So I had to break it off about four months ago since then he hasn't said a word to me.

"Paul you know we can hear your thoughts. Stop thinking about Miranda," Embry commented. Once he said that everyone became quiet. I know it's still a touchy subject for him.

Paul stood in front of Embry and started to push him. "Dude shut up!" He demanded. We thought it wasn't anything serious since all of us always mess around so we didn't stop it.

In a few seconds we realized we were wrong. The pushing turned into punching. Of course I couldn't do anything because he's a huge werewolf who is hell of strong. Sam and Jacob had to pull them off of each other. After that Paul stormed out of the house.

"Should I go talk to him?" I asked.

"Yeah you're the only one who calms him down," Emily answered.

I walked outside slowly not knowing what form Paul would be. I looked around the whole house, he wasn't anywhere to be seen. But then I heard some rustling noise in the trees. I moved closer and saw his big bright werewolf eyes. He came out of the trees and there he was as a wolf. I was always amazed seeing him like that. He stood around six feet tall on all fours, he had thick black hair with some red in it. He started to rub his head against my chest and I couldn't help but to pet him.

"Paul can you go back to human form," I whispered as I softly kissed his head.

He ran fast into the forest to transform. Like always he came out with ripped jeans and no shirt. He was probably doing it to tease me because he knows I love his six pack abs. I rolled my eyes and gestured for him to join me on the bench on the porch. As he sat next to me he tried to grab my hand but I pulled away. I shook my head.

"Paul you need to move on," I demanded. He looked at me confused.

"But babe I love you to death. I think I've imprinted on you," he responded. I places my hand on his shoulder.

"Don't call me that we haven't been together for a while. You haven't imprinted on me, there's someone so much better for you. I've moved on," I stated. He looked away from my eyes to the floor.

"Can I kiss you one last time to see if you feel anything?" He asked. I nodded.

He scooted closer to me and held the back of my head with his hand. He kissed me slowly and before it got too passionate I pulled away.

"So?"

"I'm sorry but no. It's just not the same," I mumbled. I could clearly see he was getting upset. I felt like I broke his heart all over again. As he was getting up I pulled him back to me and hugged him tightly. "I love you Miranda," he whispered. I looked at him and kissed his cheek.

After we both settled down we went back inside. I knew he didn't want to really interact with anyone but he made the best of it.

Emily made a bunch of the fast food. It always disappears in an instant because of these wolf boys. But I wouldn't change a thing about it they're like family. While we were eating I explained to Jensine what happened. She felt bad for Paul but I didn't want to be stuck with one guy my whole life.

After we had our usual bonfire outside most of the pack left. Even though they are wolves they still have curfew. It was just Jacob, Emily, Sam, Jared, Jensine and I were sitting around the fire eating smores.

"I'm so excited for my date tomorrow," I said.

"I bet but be careful," she answered.

All of a sudden we felt some arms wrap around us. There was Jacob in between us looking all cute with his leather jacket and no shirt on.

"Who are you going on a date with?" He asked with his mouth full.

"You can't tell anyone but its with Jasper," I mumbled. He looked at me wide eyes and spit out his food.

"Jasper the blood sucker Cullen?" He questioned.

"The one and only," I smirked.

Jacob placed his hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes. "Miranda I don't know why you moved from a Wolf to a Vampire. I just don't want you to get sucked in like Bella," he exclaimed. I just nodded my head so he wouldn't say anything else.

Soon after I had to drive Jensine home. I thought of what Jacob said. I know what I'm getting myself into they are "monsters" but so is the pack. It's not like I'm going to want to change into one like Bella. But I just hope Paul doesn't find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not spot on with the story because its my own twist. But I hope you like it!