Status: Updated once or twice a week

Where Ghosts Roam

One

I remember everything like it just happened yesterday....

I had just gotten home from band practice, it was pouring outside and it was late at night. My parents weren't home, they were back in England visiting family, so it was just Cayden and I.

When I walked in the house it was dead silent. I called out for Cayden, but heard nothing. I decided that he was in his room sleeping, so I walked up the stairs and down the long hallway to his room.

When I got to his door, I turned the doorknob and slowly opened it. The room was pitch black, I turned the light on to wake his ass up, but instead I found the worst thing you could ever think of.

Cayden was laying on the bed, his skin was pale, lips were blue, and his eyes were wide open.

I started screaming, running towards him. He was cold to the touch, and at that instant I knew he was gone.

I didn't know what to do, I just held him in my arms and cried.

I hadn't even realized Zack, Rian, and Jack standing in the doorway panicking. Rian walked over to me and tried to pull me away from my brother but it was no use.

I wouldn't let go..

They all just stood around and cried, Cayden was like their brother as well.

Not too long after, the entire room was filled with red and blue flashing lights. Zack got up from beside me to go let the paramedics in. That was when I started to fight back, I wouldn't let them take him from me. Rian and Zack had to pry me from him when they needed to take him. They tried working on him to see if they could revive him back, but there was no use. Just like I knew there wouldn't be, he was gone, you could see it in his lifeless eyes.

I don't even remember getting to the hospital, but that was where he was pronounced dead. I was sobbing so much that I couldn't even call my parents to tell them, Zack had to.

Soon after, the four of us went back to my house and went to my room. They all comforted me while I sobbed on my bed. That was the first of many nights that I cried myself to sleep.


I came out of that horrible daydream and looked at my surroundings. I was back in my room, writing depressing songs as usual and keeping to myself. I put my notebook on the bed and turned on my side.

I pulled on the drawer of my nightstand and pulled the note out and started to read it for the thousandth time.

Alex, I'm sorry for doing this to you, mom, and dad. I had a huge burden on my shoulders, but now everything has been lifted. I know you’re pissed at me, we tell each other everything, but I couldn't tell you this. This was my deepest secret and now it's finally out. I love you so much, you were the greatest brother any guy could ask for. Don't let yourself get in over your head. Love, Cayden.

"Your such a fucking asshole for doing that." I said angrily, shoving it back into the drawer.

"An asshole, am I?" A voice said. I haven't heard that voice in forever.

I sat straight up, looked at the foot of my bed, and gasped.

"Cayden.."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a rewrite of a story that I wrote a while ago. I didn't like where it was heading so I kept the first few chapters and changed the end. I also changed some characters.

I hope you like it (: