Status: Updated once or twice a week

Where Ghosts Roam

Four

I was on my way to school. Zack offered me a ride but I turned him down, I didn't really want to be with people today. I was still shaken up about the nightmare that I had. In my mind, I knew Cayden wouldn't do that, but everything just seemed so realistic. It felt real, like it was actually happening to me in real life. Ever since I had the nightmare I've been paranoid, I keep thinking Cayden is going to show up when I'm in my room and try to kill me.

I haven't talked to him since last night, I kind of wanted to though, I wanted to tell him about my nightmare. Hopefully, he'd tell me I have nothing to worry about.

When I reached school I walked inside and to my locker. I opened it up and looked at my pictures. I missed the old days; it was when I was actually happy with my life. There was one of me and Cayden on his 18th birthday, he looked so happy. There were pictures of me and the band, laughing and being stupid. I wish things were still like that.

I blinked back tears and got my books that I needed for the day. When I shut the door, my best friend walked up.

"Hi Jack." I said.

"Hey sexy!" He cheesed.

I turned around and started to walk away, of course he followed.

"So, what's up?"

"Just going to class, look Jack..you’re my best friend and all, but I just want to be alone. I'll see you at lunch though." I simply stated.

"Oh, uh okay. Bye dude." He smiled and waved.

I didn't like being around people that much anymore; it made me feel trapped whenever I talked to them. I felt as if they saw me as a freak because my brother killed himself. I knew I'd have to face my friends sooner or later, better just get it all over with at lunch.
__________________________________

During Lunch

I was walking out of the lunch line, I didn't get much to eat, only a sandwich. I stopped and inhaled, I had to face my friends now.

I started walking towards the table where Zack, Rian and Jack sat. When I got there they all just stared.

"Hey Alex!" Rian smiled. "I'm surprised you’re sitting with us."

"Yeah, tell me about it." I mumbled.

I sat down and started to eat my lunch. Everything was going fine. They were asking me questions like what I've been up to and how's life been treating me. I lied to them, told them everything was great, just busy working on shit and doing nothing. I started to tune them out, I didn't really care anymore about what they do and stuff. The only time I wanted to talk to them was when we were making music. I started to space out; I wanted to block everything out of my head.

That is until I heard the laugh..

I jumped, I stood up so fast and looked around the whole cafeteria for him. The laughing continued, this wasn't a dream anymore. It was everywhere, I kept looking, my head turning so fast I'm surprised I didn't have whiplash.

That's when I found him, he was standing in the middle of the room, laughing. People were passing him like he wasn't even there; everything seemed to slow down. How could they not see a guy covered in blood while holding a knife standing in the middle of the room?

"No one can save you"

I started to panic..

"Alex? Are you okay?" Zack asked.

Oh no..it's happening again, I thought.

My chest started to tighten, everything became blurry. I couldn't breathe, I fell to me knees and put my hands on the floor. I was literally gasping for air; I hadn't even realized Jack, Rian, and Zack crouching around me.

The tightness in my chest started to release, it was almost over. I started breathing slowly, trying to get some air into my lungs. Once I thought I had enough, I grabbed my book bag and ran out of the building.

I didn't stop running, I got home and ran to my room and closed my door and locked it. I rested my forehead on the door and sighed.

"What is wrong with me?" I mumbled.

"Well, for starters I think mom might have dropped you on your head once or twice." He said.

I turned around, Cayden was laying on my bed smiling.

"Yeah, well then that means you got pushed out of the car." I half smiled said.

"When's the last time you've smiled, baby bro?"

"Fake smile or real smile?" I asked laying beside him on the bed.

"Real smile."

"Well Cade, my last real smile was less than 5 minutes ago. And before that, I'd say before I found you..."

"Oh, well. How was school? Any hot teachers??"

I rolled my eyes. "No, honestly I don't really pay that much attention anymore. I barely do anything at school.. I don't know why I bother going, especially after today."

"What happened today?"

I sighed. "If I tell you something you promise you won't get mad."

"I barely get mad at you. So spill."

I told him everything, from the dream to the reoccurring panic attacks. He layed beside me and listened, and when I was done the room was silent.

"Alex, first of all, I have no fucking idea why you think I'd kill Zack, Rian, and Jack. Especially mom and dad, I'm not a possessed ghost or whatever."

I laughed. "Yeah I know. I just can't get the picture out of my head."

"I understand."

I asked him to stay with me tonight; honestly I was too scared to be by myself. That was only part of the reason, I also didn't want to have another panic attack, and at least he'd know what to do. I loved having him back.

It's almost as if he never left..
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment!

i wanna know what you guys think so far!