Status: Updated once or twice a week

Where Ghosts Roam

Five

I didn't go to school the next day. I was too scared to hear what my friends would say. Honestly, I didn't care; they don't need to know anything.

It was around one in the afternoon. I was lying on Cayden's bedroom floor and he was on his bed. I was playing the guitar, trying to get inspiration for a new song, when I heard the front door open.

I instantly stopped playing and sat straight up. I turned to look at Cayden who just shrugged.

Maybe it's mom or dad, I thought.

I heard footsteps go past the bedroom door and go straight to my room.

Shit, I forgot to lock my bedroom door.

The door crept open and I heard my name being called out.

I sighed. "I'm in here, Jack."

Jack walked to the bathroom entrance and smiled. He came over, sat on Cayden's bed and looked around. He had no idea that Cayden was sitting right beside him, which made me smirk.

"So I'm just going to be blunt about it. What the hell happened yesterday at lunch?"

Shit, I totally forgot that one of the would question me.

"Uhm, I had an asthma attack." I said flatly.

"Yes, because you forgot to tell your best friend, that you've known for years, that you have asthma. I highly doubt he's going to believe you." Cayden said.

I rolled my eyes and waited for him to speak.

"Right, because you have asthma. Alex, I've known you for years now, make up a better lie." He said as Cayden laughed.

"Jack, do you really need to know my fucking business?"

"Alex, chill out." Cayden said.

I looked over at him and glared. He just flicked me off. I sighed and got a pillow and put it under my head so I could try to calm myself.

"All I want to know is what the fuck happened and why you’re being so damn distant." Jack said more sternly this time.

I breathed in slowly, he was starting to piss me the fuck off. My hands started to ball into fists, he better watch what he says.

"Okay, Jack." I said sounding irritated.

"So, you going to tell me?" He asked.

That was the final straw. I stood up, breathing heavily, nails digging into my palms.

"Jack! Seriously, just shut the fuck up. Is it any of your business? No it's not. So I suggest you just stop asking me fucking questions that I'm not going to answer. And if you don't like it, then get the fuck out of my house." I said

"You've become such a fucking ass since Cayden died." He said coldly, it was like a slap in the face.

"Just go."

He got up and walked out the door, slamming it on the way out.

I've never fought with him like that; it was kind of bad because if I did need him, I'd have no one. Only Cayden, and he wasn't even fully here.

I was completely stressed; I don't even know why I bothered. I looked at Cayden, who looked completely shocked.

I stood there for a minute thinking of what I wanted to do. When I finally realized what it was I walked to the bathroom. I sat on the counter and looked at myself in the mirror. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. When I felt a tear roll down my face, I knew I needed it.

I got up and pulled out my razor from the drawer. I put my wrist over the sink and held the blade on my skin. I breathed in and out and closed my eyes. When I opened them I pushed the razor down and dragged it across my wrist, a little deeper than usual. I did it once more on my left wrist and then moved to the right one. I did it twice on that wrist as well and sat down.

The blood flowing from my wrists gave me a fuzzy feeling. It was coming out fast. I was starting to get lightheaded, everything was getting blurry. I looked at the IHome and saw that it was past a minute, three minutes had gone by.

I didn't feel like cleaning up just yet, but I knew I needed to. I didn't want to die yet, but I felt too weak to get up. I tried calling for Cayden but my voice was nothing but a whisper.

Six minutes had gone by, and I was losing blood. I needed help, I didn't know what to do. I started to crawl towards the sink, but I was too weak.

I imagined myself grabbing the door knob to go get Cayden to help me, but before I could actually attempt to do it, everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!

I wanna know what you guys think!