Status: Updated once or twice a week

Where Ghosts Roam

Nine

Four Days Later

I was on my way home finally. Since I was eighteen I could sign the discharge papers without my parents. Besides, they were barely in the picture anyways. Since Cayden died they've been traveling the world, so I had the house to myself.

I was extremely tired and all I wanted to do was go home to play my guitar. Nothing else mattered at this point in time. I didn't care that I just basically killed myself or the fact that the boys were going to be on my ass at all times now.

It didn't take long for me to get home; I stepped out of Rian's car and made my way to the front door. I told him to go on home and that he had nothing to worry about.

I walked in the house and bolted to my room, I couldn't wait to get in my bed. When I layed down, I let out a deep breath. It was good to be home, cause damn did I hate hospitals.

I layed there for about an hour, in peace in quiet till the doorbell rang. My eyes opened and I groaned, I really didn't want to get up and go answer.

Guess I'll just let it ring, I thought.

It continued to ring and ring, it was starting to drive me crazy.

Just go the fuck away, obviously I'm not going to answer

After a minute the doorbell stopped ringing, which I was completely thankful for. I probably would have walked downstairs and bitched at whoever it was. I really didn’t want to deal with anyone today,
I mean c’mon I nearly died a couple of days ago, the only person I wanted to see at this point was Cayden.

It was quiet for a few minutes, which made me think that whoever was there had left, but I started to hear a soft knock. I sighed and decided to go see who it was.

When I got to the door I looked through the peephole to find a blonde girl standing there with her arms crossed. I stepped back from the door and thought for a minute. I’ve never seen this girl in my entire life, and I’m pretty sure she didn’t go to school with me.

I decided to just open the door and see what she wanted, I figured it couldn’t hurt. I guess when I was thinking she sat down on the steps to wait for me. Once she realized that I was standing there she patted the spot on the stairs next to her. I hesitated before I sat down, for two reasons: 1. I had no idea who this girl was and 2. What did she want to talk to me about?

“What’s your name?” She asked. I could tell she had an accent, it was very subtle but it sounded Australian.

“Alex. You?”

“Jenna. I just moved here, I live next door and from what I can tell, this place sucks, and I’ve only been here a day and a half.” She laughed.

“Yeah, it does. Can I ask you a question?” She nodded her head, so I continued talking. “Why are you here? How did you even know that I was home?”

“Earlier I was putting boxes into my garage and I saw you come home. You seemed to be around my age and I wanted to talk to you.” She shrugged.

“Fair enough I guess. So are you going to go to Dulaney as well?”

“Probably not. Back home I was home schooled, so I might just continue with that. I’m not really good at making friends. I tend to keep myself distant from the others.” She chuckled.

“Yeah I know what you mean.” I simply stated. I didn’t want to tell her anything about me. I could already tell I’d probably get along with her but I honestly don’t need another person in my life worrying about me every five seconds. Three people were enough to deal with.

“Do you have school tomorrow?” She said, tearing up a leaf.

“No, I’m not going to school until Thursday.”

“Oh. Alex, don’t take this the wrong way, but it looks like you need a friend or at least someone to talk to. I’m going to come over tomorrow around one and I’ll bring some movies and keep you company.”

“Jenna you seem like a really nice person and I don’t mean to sound like a dick but I really don’t need anyone else in my life right now. I already have too much shit to worry about. I don’t need something else added to my plate.” I said, trying not to look at her.

“Fun fact number one, I don’t take no for an answer. See you tomorrow Alex.” She said getting up off the stairs.

I sat there taking in all that had just happened. I could already tell it was going to be extremely hard getting this girl out of my life. One way or another I was going to do it.