Status: Updating at LEAST once a week, if not more often(:

Who Are You to Fall Apart on Me?

You Told Me Think About It Well I Did.

[Jaime]

I was waiting for Vic to show up at the restaurant that he told me to go to. I had been there for over an hour. I let out a sad sigh, accepting that I had been stood up, and left to go back to the busses and maybe talk to him why he never showed. As I began approaching the bus, I heard hushed voices. I recognized Vic's, and a girl's. As I opened the door, I watched as he kissed Selena and said :
"I love you forever and always."
Selena looked up at me with a wicked smile and I felt crushed on the inside. Now I'll never know if there was anything between us. I ran back outside the bus, and into the darkness of the woods...


I woke up from my bad dream sweating and oddly cold. I looked around. It was dark out and I heard Mike shuffling in his bunk. Vic was nowhere to be found, again. I pulled myself off the couch, trying to catch my breath from the nightmare.
Maybe this is a sign, maybe I shouldn't be with him at all. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead and end it with little to no hard feelings.
This thought kept swirling around my head, growing roots in my insecurities and doubts about Vic. I got up, still focusing on that idea, and walked over to Mike's bunk.
"Hey bro, where's Vic and Tony?" I watched him look up from his laptop screen and at me.
"Uhhh Tony went to get food for the night and start getting food for the ride to our last venue. Vic went out to a guitar shop, he said he'd be only a couple hours but he's been gone a while." At that he looked back at his computer and scrunched up his face. I could see he was holding something back. Since I really needed someone to talk to, and him being the person who'd know Vic best, I sat down. Mike was surprised when he felt me sink onto his bunk and he closed his machine and looked at me, cocking his head to the side as to question why I was there.
"Mike, I really need someone to talk to. Especially about Vic."
"Alright brotha, shoot." He leaned back, preparing himself to listen.
"Look, so obviously Vic likes me and I like him too. He makes me really happy. But I can't help but feel reservation from him, and I'm afraid he'll just run off with Selena again like he always has. Should I break it off before either of us gets actually attached?" I felt my self consciousness begin to attack everything again, and thoughts resurface from where I shoved them away.
Why wouldn't he go back to her, she's gorgeous and you're just an oversized toddler.
Come on Jaime, be realistic, you're awkward and so hyper. I bet he can't even take you seriously.
You really think he'd be into a guy like you?

The thoughts were causing me agony and I felt the horrible fear in the pit of my stomach trying to swallow me up. I looked back at Mike, who had been quiet for quite some time. He appeared to be concentrating quite hard, his eyebrows furrowed and crinkled together in focus. Then he looked back at me and spoke.
"Yes." I was a bit taken aback, and I guess he noted that because then he continued.
"Jaime, I know my brother like the back of my hand. You two have something special together, but Selena will always be Vic's soft spot. He gave her his virginity, and even though it isn't typical for a guy to care, it was damn important to him. Selena got into his head and has always been able to twist him into giving her what she wants. I suggest that if you really don't wanna get hurt, end it now. At least while she's still around because Dios knows what she'll make him do, and if you care about him, you're just gonna get hit with the aftermath." After this he fell silent and his brown eyes stared unblinkingly at me. I inhaled a sharp breath and made my decision.
"Okay."

--

[Vic]

I finally reached the park where I then spotted Selena, looking gorgeous as ever, and sitting on the swings waiting for me.
Don't call her gorgeous Vic, she's as dirty as the bottom of your shoe and you know it.
I mentally sighed and prepared myself to talk to her, and sat on the swing next to hers.
"Selena, what did you want?" I glared at her, making sure she understood she was nowhere close to being forgiven for everything she put me through.
"Look Vic, I-" She broke off her sentence and turned her grey eyes at me and her face was covered with hurt and regret. Oh wait, she can't feel regret for anything she does cause she has no conscience.
"Vic, I know I fucked up so badly, so many times. I'm not asking for you back anymore. I know that's wrong. I see your happiness with Jaime. Just work with me, I want to be friends again. I talked to some people, and they calmed me down. I know I was being crazy, I'm so sorry. Can we just be friends and work on our problems?" I saw her eyes glimmer in the dim sunlight, it was an chilly autumn and her hoodie clung to her small frame as the wind picked up and played with her hair. I stared into her eyes for a long time, not saying anything, and just mulled over what she said. She sounds like she's got some sense. I know she did me wrong, but she's not asking for a relationship, just a friendship. Maybe if I talk about all the issues we had together, I could let my anger go.
Don't trust her, Vic. You know she's crazy.
Yeah she is, but everyone deserves second chances. It's not like I'm going back to her.
You've given her a million second chances.
That's when we were together, she's just asking to be friends, I can do that.

I won the mental argument with myself, and cleared my throat to speak.
"Sure, but first we need to talk everything out."

--

When we had finally cleared everything up, I understood why she did all those horrible things. I don't approve and still think she was wrong, but I wasn't angry anymore. I asked her why she was around us and she said she moved here a year ago and heard we were staying for a few days and she saw this as her chance to make amends. When she saw me the first day she came drunk and out of control. She confessed to not being in a clear mental state and apologized profusely for it. It had grown quite dark and I saw her shivering.
"Come on, let's go back to the bus. I'm sure everyone's preoccupied and I'll explain later if they wonder why you're there." I saw the uncertainty in her eyes, because even though I forgave her it doesn't mean everyone else will.
"Don't worry, it's okay." I smiled at her and she returned it and we began to walk back to the busses, talking about nothing and everything.

--

I entered the bus to see Jaime sitting on the couch watching Toy Story for the millionth time.
Shit, Jaime.
As soon as he saw me he said,
"Look Vic, We need to ta-", he cut his sentence short as soon as Selena stepped on the bus. He glanced from her to me with no expression on his face. He stood up and turned to face me full on.
"We'll talk when she goes home." He stated simply, then walked to the bunks. I shrugged it off, too emotionally drained already to deal with the clusterfuck that was to come from her being with me when I told everyone I was going to the guitar center, and him already catching me lying to him. I slapped on a smile and pulled her to couch with me. I put on my music and we stayed up for a few hours more talking before she eventually excused herself, saying that she had to go home before it was too late since she had work tomorrow. We stood up and I walked her to the door. She turned around to hug me and I wrapped my arms around her dainty waist, breathing in her scent. I heard her whisper in my ear, "I miss this." She then released her arms around my neck, smiled, said goodbye, and closed the door behind her. As soon as the door swung shut, I heard footsteps coming from the bunk area. I heard the steps quicken and braced myself for what was about to come, and turned to become face to face with Jaime. He still sported a calm facade, but I saw the storm in his soft brown eyes. I could feel the rage that he was keeping in check and I internally scolded myself. I knew full well bringing her here would cause problems.
"Where's Mike?" I asked, trying to avoid what was about to happen.
"He's in his bunk, he heard her come in and chose to ignore your latest of bad decisions." Ouch, that stung.
"You lied." He gave me no elaboration. His eyes simply bore into mine.
"Yes."
"Why?" His mask slipped only for a moment as I heard his voice crack. My heart broke, I didn't mean to do this.
"Because I knew you'd get upset. Look, really it's no big deal. She apologized for being crazy. She just wants to be friends and feels bad for everything she's done." I searched his face for sympathy or understanding.
I found none.
"Vic, I don't want to be with you, I don't want to have this, this fling with you. We are friends and nothing more." He gave me a hard look and spun on his heels and walked back to his bunk. I just stood there for a long time, speechless. Now he left me here in this fucking room with nothing to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
So oooooff the drama. I'm liking how this is going. Jaime and Selena are gonna have a showdown soon(spoiler) ooo I just love the rising action.'
Love<3