Right Where I Belong

Chapter 3

Tears ran down my cheeks as I took in the sight before me.

In the middle of the room, surrounded by roses, petals and candles, all dressed up in black dress pants and navy blue button-up shirt… was Wyatt.

Wyatt moved a couple of steps forward with a bright smile on his face. “Hi,” he said shyly but with a gigantic smile on his face.

My hands went up and covered my mouth in shock as tears continued to fall down my cheeks. My hands fell back down to my sides as a small laugh escaped my lips. I ran over to him and jumped up into his arms, wrapping my arms and legs tightly around him. The tears started to slow down as I placed kisses all over Wyatt’s face.

“Oh god, I’ve missed you,” I said as I planted another peck on his lips.

“I’ve missed you too Jenn,” Wyatt murmured as he lowered me back down on to my feet. His hands came up and rested on either side of my face. “It is so good to be home,” he remarked before pulling me into a passionate kiss.

My hands rested on the back of his neck and I used them to play with the small hairs on the nape of his neck as I held him closer to me. Wyatt started to move backward, in the direction of the couch, until his knees hit the seat causing him to sit down and pulled me down on to his lap. I pulled back from the kiss and rested my forehead against his as I moved. I sat down beside him, sideways so that my legs were bent over his. Wyatt had one arm wrapped around my waist and the other was over my knees to hold them in place as we just stared into each other’s eyes.

“I can’t believe that you are home,” I whispered afraid to raise my voice in fear that all of this being a dream. “This isn’t a dream, right?” I mumbled while looking into his eyes. “I’m not going to suddenly wake up and I will be alone in out bed, with the kids sleeping down the hall…” My eyes widened, “oh my god! The kids! They will want to see you. We have to get to your parents house!” I exclaimed as I tried to jump off the couch.

Wyatt laughed as he led me in place, “don’t worry about the kids.” I looked over at him confused. “I spent all afternoon with them.”

“How?”

“When my mom picked them up from school, I was waiting at their house, “he explained as he pulled me closer. “Tonight is all about us, just like I used to be every time that we came up here.” He informed me as he smiled and placed a kiss on the side of my head.

I sighed happily as I curled closer to him. We spent the next couple hours catching up with each other. At one point Wyatt got up and left the cabin in order to put out the candles outside. When he came back her lit the fireplace and blew out the other candles. He turned the CD player that rested in the corner of the room and walked back over to me with a smile on his face.

“Would you care to dance?” he asked politely as he held his hand out for me to take.

I laughed out loud and placed my hand in his and allowed him to pull me to my feet and to the middle of the floor. I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his chest, while his arms wrapped around my waist. We swayed from side to side for a couple of songs, but when I caught sight of the bed out of the corner of my eye I had a different idea.

“Do you remember the conversation we had before you left?” I whispered into his ear as I held him tighter.

Wyatt’s arms tightened around my waist, pulling my body closer to his. “Mmm,” he murmured as he rested his chin on top of my head. “No not really. What did we talk about?” He asked as he tilted his head a little until he was looking at my face.

I removed my head from his neck and looked up into his eyes, knowing that he could see the mischievous glint in my eyes. I bit my lip and tilted my head to the side a little. “We talked about expanding our family.” I placed my hands on his chest and started pushing Wyatt in the direction of the bed.

The same glint that was in my eyes now appeared in his, “oh really?” he questioned as his grip tightened on my waist.

“Mmhmm,” I replied as I pushed him down onto the bed. He scooted backwards and I crawled over his lap so that I was straddling him. I moved my hands so they were wrapped around his neck. “And I was thinking that we could start… *kiss* right… *kiss*… now.” I informed him between kissed before I pressed my lips to his passionately.

- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -


FF: 2 hours
Wyatt and I lay cuddled up under the blankets, the fire still raging on. My head was resting on his chest as my left hand drew random designs on his chest. His one arm was around my waist and the other was resting on my upper arm.

“You’re not leaving again, are you?” I questioned meekly while trying to hide my face in his chest.

Wyatt looked down at me and used the hand that had been on my arm to lift my face up so that I was looking him in the eye. “I am not going anywhere.”

“You promise?”

Wyatt smiled at me and moved his hand to my cheek and tenderly stroked it. “I promise. I am not leaving my family again.” I smiled back at him before he placed a kiss on my lips then rested his forehead against mine. “I am right where I belong: with you and our kids.”